• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGM92

any info on customer service?

Like would i have to ship the fucker back to china if it breaks?

They're planning to have service centers in supported regions. Also I'm sure they'll work like Dell does and have sub contractor repair services. Xiaomi did/does something similar in asia.

spwolf

They're planning to have service centers in supported regions. Also I'm sure they'll work like Dell does and have sub contractor repair services. Xiaomi did/does something similar in asia.

they are? That would be new, as before they were saying you would mail it to the distributor. So pretty much the lowest form of service - send via mail and hope for the best.

MarkusRJR

I'm so hyped for this phone. How long till it becomes possible to pick up the 64gb version? My current phone's screen is cracked and I can't wait...

voodooray

The 'Rain of Invites' promotion ends in about 4 hours.

L0F15ew.png

You too can be one of many not to get an invite.

Omega

Banned
Anyone else looking at the G3 longingly? It'll be 3x the price though...
yep. Main reason I was even interested in the OnePlus is because of the price. But if the G3 isn't too expensive (wishful thinking, but I'm hoping no more than $600) I'm just gonna get that instead.

Well, that the fact that...

any chance that they can ship it to hungary?

I'm pretty sure this phone doesn't exist so it won't be shipped anywhere. All they do is post selfies n shit on twitter, talking about the "user" experience that no one gets to experience.

Think I'll just go for one of the Prime phones when those come out. I did try the one plus one camera on my S4 and the camera wasn't up to snuff compared to the Google camera.

abracadaver

The OnePlus One Screen: Bright, Sharp and Power Efficient

We recently told you we’ve chosen a 3100 mAh battery for the OnePlus One which, working with the Snapdragon 801 processor and the software optimization from CyanogenMod will last a full day for even the most demanding users.

Complementing those three features will be a beautiful 5.5” 1080p JDI display with 400+ PPI. JDI is Japan Display Inc., a joint venture by Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi that’s known for their great displays. In addition, it will feature TOL (Touch On Lens) modules which eliminates the distance between the touch sensor and display panel, while also being 300% more shatterproof than the competing OGS technology.

The screen is equipped with both CABC and DRAM technology. This new and innovative technologies sense when the contents on your screen are dynamic, and consume less energy when the image is static, allowing the vivid 5.5” display to consume even less power than normal 5.0” displays with the same brightness.

Some people might ask, why no QHD display? Remember when people said 1080p was overkill and were wrong? Well, QHD is overkill. Unless you inspect the display under a microscope, you won't find a difference between a QHD and a 1080p display. On the other hand, a QHD drains 35-60% more battery, requires the device to render more pixels making it slower, and also emits more heat. The technology is not there yet. Going with a 1080p 5.5" was the only responsible choice towards our fans and users.

http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-oneplus-one-screen-bright-sharp-and-power-efficient.370/

When can we finally order this thing ?

geetec

Neo Member
Ahh maaaannnn~ now I need a phone real bad since my Nexus has been stolen. A phone less-life is hard!

If anyone can spare an invite I would really really appreciate it if I can have one. I'll give all my other invites to gaffers that need it.

(I know this isn't the thread to be posting on, but for some reason I can't find the other invite thread)

Hammer24

Banned
OK, with more and more units going out, especially to GAFers, it might be time to revive this thread.

So: what are your experiences with this thing? Any recommendations what to do, and what not? Certain settings, updates, upgrades one should be aware of?

It got a friend who got one. Had a chance to play with the beast. It's an amazingly beautoful piece of tech. Very light, very thin, very sexy indeed. It's just too big for my hand though. I have big hands but this is just to wide and tall. wish there was a smaller size. Don't really like the trend of oversizeing everything. Price is crazy though. Never been temped by a phone like that since iPhone 4

Marcus

wow.. when was this phone unveiled? just went to their website and theyre still doing the invite system. i really wanted this phone at the time but its taking too long

DarkFlow

Banned
wow.. when was this phone unveiled? just went to their website and theyre still doing the invite system. i really wanted this phone at the time but its taking too long
Yeah, still being invite only this long after starting to sell it is going to kill it. All the new phones with better specs are about to come out, and all the old phones with the same specs as this are going to get cheaper.

Like the other day, I saw a LG G2 for $259 unlocked. They really need to ramp up production or people are going to move on to the Nexus when it drops.

Lucifon

OK, with more and more units going out, especially to GAFers, it might be time to revive this thread.

So: what are your experiences with this thing? Any recommendations what to do, and what not? Certain settings, updates, upgrades one should be aware of?

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm super impressed with it. Device 'feels' awesome physically. I'm loving the freedom out of the box. Currently running Nova Launcher with the Elun Icon Pack (which is on sale at the moment actually https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vertumus.elun&hl=en) and it looks stunning. I need to get everything organised and in folders, not had the time yet.

For what it's worth I have no issue with the yellow band issue many have reported. My device was manufactured on the 15th of August according to the box. I've done all the updates and cranked the brightness up but it's not there on mine thankfully - it was my one major worry.

Hammer24

Banned
For what it's worth I have no issue with the yellow band issue many have reported. My device was manufactured on the 15th of August according to the box. I've done all the updates and cranked the brightness up but it's not there on mine thankfully - it was my one major worry.

How is the battery holding up? There are so many different stories out there.

I'm not sure why people always cream themselves over the hardware specs of these smart phones... It's not like you can play Crysis 3 on em.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm not sure why people always cream themselves over the hardware specs of these smart phones... It's not like you can play Crysis 3 on em.

Few less milliseconds during multitasking and having ULTRA UBER SMOOTH webpage rendering makes all the difference between awesome phone and all shitty last year's phone models. :D

IronEater

Neo Member
My OPO lasts me about 3 days exactly on average use. From 100% to 0. I don't turn wifi on during that time however. I'm impressed with its battery. And no to the headphones.

Ah, there it is. The "that guy" of the forum.

Oooh, a thread about stuff I'm not interested in, I better get in there post-haste and let them know I'm not interested in it ... oh, while I'm doing that, I'll let others know that I just 'don't get it' why they're so excited. I'm needed. They need me to post this. The forum needs me. I'm basically Batman of the forums. I'm not the poster they want, but I'm the poster they need.

Anyway, mine has SHIPPED from City of Industry ... 10:02 PM yesterday. Probably get it sometime next week I guess since it's USPS (I'm in Portland, OR). Sucks, I had no option when it came to shipping speed, it was just the basic one whereas I'm reading others have options (not sure if only in US though).

So I'm guessing this issue is not manifesting itself anymore on the devices ordered from now on, amirite?

IronEater

Neo Member
So I'm guessing this issue is not manifesting itself anymore on the devices ordered from now on, amirite?

General word of the OPO forum seems to be later versions don't seem to have it. Mine, my friends, and my brothers OPO don't have the problem, (all ordered between 12th - 30th August).

I still haven't been able to get an invite. I need a new phone as my nexus 4's battery is getting worse each day and it's been turning itself off randomly over the last couple of days.

Is it likely the next nexus phone will have better specs than this?

Qvoth

you should be able to get an invite very easily these days, i see people giving them out all the time on other forums

DieH@rd

Banned
I still haven't been able to get an invite. I need a new phone as my nexus 4's battery is getting worse each day and it's been turning itself off randomly over the last couple of days.

Is it likely the next nexus phone will have better specs than this?

Most probably not, I expect N6 to get same hardware as 1+1 [N5 is already very close, lacks clock to S801, 1gb of ram and better camera].

Veal

This phone is amazing, though I do have the yellow band. It's not that noticeable to me though. The battery life is amazing coming from the nexus 4. Over 9 hours paired to a smartwatch and internet/gaming and the battery is just now hitting 70%? Ballin ass shit.

Lucifon

How is the battery holding up? There are so many different stories out there.

Sorry only just spotted this. My battery has been awesome so far. It obviously depends on how much you use the device, but it'll get through a full day absolutely no problems whatsoever. I'm often putting it on charge on a night when it's still at like 40-45%.

Hammer24

Banned
Sorry only just spotted this. My battery has been awesome so far. It obviously depends on how much you use the device, but it'll get through a full day absolutely no problems whatsoever. I'm often putting it on charge on a night when it's still at like 40-45%.

Is that with WiFi on?

Bit-Bit

My Galaxy S3 finally died yesterday.

Perfect time to pick up the OnePlus One.

I'm mostly interested in the video recording features. How's the slow mo on this thing?

sca2511

If anyone wanted to switch to another back cover(Swapstyle), seems like this eBay seller is selling some. eBay

(Only Sandstone Black or Babyskin White)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom