• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwayne

GAF Invite thread starting soon? If so, throw me on top :) Keen to get this for my wife, she has a 4S that's got a big crack and a bad battery.

Rafy

Holy Damn dat battery life!

Poor Google translation from chinese:
Part of the electrical testing or maintaining the same conditions , the backlight 50% , do not sleep , WIFI internet connection to play streaming media . The use of the screen , WIFI and media players to test three monster eat one plus electric power endurance phone . From 1:41 to start testing early morning until 12:00 noon of the remaining 11%. Can play more than 10 hours, which is quite dazzling performance ah ! Power down on the chart is quite linear , there will be no sudden pull down the problem. Although it is impossible to replace the battery , but the power is quite durable , if not non-stop hours of continuous play a game , I want to use the day should be absolutely no problem

"The navigation buttons deserve some attention here. Just like CyanogenMod loaded up on a phone with capacitive buttons, OnePlus One users have a choice between the build-in buttons and a somewhat superfluous virtual nav bar. ...
It's an interesting approach, but I get the impression that OnePlus is trying to have its cake and eat it too and please all users, rather than making a smaller phone by omitting the hardware buttons."

That might be true in theory, but all phones with software buttons I've seen so far always had enough space for capacitive buttons on the lower part of the bezel. OnePlus is doing it right.

DieH@rd

Banned
1+1 is a lot larger than N5

nexusae0_wm_IMG_3032_thumb.jpg

Such a shame they went with 5.5" screen...

U2NUMB

The more I hear about this phone the more I want it.... I am stuck on a work contract with my current phone... can not upgrade for more than a year so I plan on buying this and just swapping sim cards (currently have a Lumina 920).

Pete Rock

I slept on the N5 for so long I feel I need to wait for this, even though I would have to switch to T-Mo either way. Hrmmm....

mil6es

Just realised that the LTE support is all but non-existent for Europe, band 20 is a must for Europe and it is lacking. preorder effectively cancelled for me :(

Damn wanted this phone

I'm thinking I'm gonna get this over a Galaxy Note.

Love my Nexus 4 and 7, but I'm tired of carrying the 7 all the time. Wanna just have an ultimate all in one device with a solid camera to boot.

"The navigation buttons deserve some attention here. Just like CyanogenMod loaded up on a phone with capacitive buttons, OnePlus One users have a choice between the build-in buttons and a somewhat superfluous virtual nav bar. ...
It's an interesting approach, but I get the impression that OnePlus is trying to have its cake and eat it too and please all users, rather than making a smaller phone by omitting the hardware buttons."

That might be true in theory, but all phones with software buttons I've seen so far always had enough space for capacitive buttons on the lower part of the bezel. OnePlus is doing it right.

Exactly this. Every onscreen button phone I've seen has plenty of room for buttons below the screen, which is why I don't get the approach. Even Samsung fits a hardware button under the GS4 screen, and the space there is really slim.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
OnePlus Smash the Past Winner Receives Empty Box, Uploads Unboxing to YouTube

The winner, based in Italy, recorded a video of him opening the package, since after receiving his prize in the mail, he thought the package felt a little light. Upon opening, his fears are confirmed, as there is nothing in the box except for a card stating, “This is only the beginning.”

Whether this is a slip up by OnePlus, or something criminal happened while the package was enroute to the winner, no one exactly knows yet. OnePlus is reportedly investigating the situation, and will more than likely replace the winner’s empty box with a brand new phone if they feel it is the right thing to do.

This video is hitting the web alongside other reports that winners of the contest are receiving their phones without chargers or SIM removal tools; two things which are quite important for owning a smartphone. Fingers crossed that OnePlus can work these issues out before general availability begins. If the company can’t, then they might vanish as quickly as they appeared.

:lol

The only person I've actually heard get one is a guy o n XDA and supposedly he was one of the 100, but he also stated he knew people at the company, so something tells me these 100 went to a lot of people that were friends of people that work for the company.

northead

Next phone for sure at this rate. Can't wait to see how the Nexus 6 stacks up.

Unfortunately there won't be a Nexus 6. Or at least, that's highly unlikely.
The next step will be part of the Android Silver program, coming approximately in February 2015 w/ a Sprint-bound LG device in the US to begin with. (source is @evleaks, whose track record's accuracy is about 101%)

The OnePlus One, alongside current and future Nexus/GPE devices, is the closest thing to stock you will find until then.

All we (supposedly) know is that these AS phones, unlike GPEs, should come to retail stores at higher prices. Basically a bunch of Google-managed, higher-priced Nexii.

Soodanim

I don't know how I've never heard of this before. It looks amazing - especially the battery life. But I wouldn't want a 5.5" screen, that's mental. If they made a smaller version I'd buy it in a second. But would they make one that was ~5"? I wouldn't mind going bigger than the Nexus 4, but staying the same would both make sense and be fine by me.

Really disappointing to hear that Cyanogen kinda runs like crap. I was hoping it would be better than their other releases because this was their phone.

Oh well. Guess I'll stick with whatever suceeda the Nexus 5, or maybe I'll just get a Note.

WoodWERD

Hey Snapdragon...
Hey Snapdragon......
Hey Snapdragon..........
Hey Snapdragon
lol

Nice review. Liked the pictures he showed, but I didn't hear him touch on battery life? Why does he cast doubt on Cyanogen updates, haven't they been around forever? And how would those updates work exactly? I'm assuming they roll out stable updates after being beta tested by the community but I touched run custom roms since I got my N4. Gonna have to see what a 5.5" phone feels like before I decide.

Furyous

Hey Snapdragon...
Hey Snapdragon......
Hey Snapdragon..........
Hey Snapdragon
lol

Nice review. Liked the pictures he showed, but I didn't hear him touch on battery life? Why does he cast doubt on Cyanogen updates, haven't they been around forever? And how would those updates work exactly? I'm assuming they roll out stable updates after being beta tested by the community but I touched run custom roms since I got my N4. Gonna have to see what a 5.5" phone feels like before I decide.

As luck would have it, I just found this video that touches on the battery life issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WdzB6EwAbo

I'm kind of concerned about the phone now due to the home button delay issue and the question of whether CM can deliver timely updates. I still want it but there's hesitation now.

Milpool

I'm kind of concerned about the phone now due to the home button delay issue and the question of whether CM can deliver timely updates. I still want it but there's hesitation now.

It's not actually a software issue, just when using the default settings it's waiting for a double tap to bring up the recent apps list. You can disable it in the options but a few reviewers seem have skipped over the option.

As luck would have it, I just found this video that touches on the battery life issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WdzB6EwAbo

As luck would have it, the video details have been updated with this line:

UPDATE: After researching some of your comments, you guys are correct about the home button. The delay can be turned off in the settings once the capacitive butttons have been enabled again. Thank you guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom