• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Where are you located?

Mine should be arriving today. Ordered on Monday and it was shipped on Tuesday from the UK via DHL to mainland Yurope. Just for you information i just received the mail a few hours ago. Up until yesterday my account was stuck on processing so i thought it was taking too long until i got the mail.

Southern California. Their factory is in Rosemead (about 50 miles away from me or so) and I ordered on Friday afternoon. Frankly, it shouldn't have taken until Wed to ship my phone, but they finally did. Tracker says it just left the City of Industry, so hopefully it comes to me tomorrow, but probably Friday if the United States Post Office takes their sweet time (and they will).

demolitio

I wish there was a demo unit around here or one of my friends had one so I could try it out and see if it's too big or not. I'm switching to T-Mobile so this is perfect for that but I don't know if it'd be too large for me to enjoy.

Is there another phone out there that's similar not only in screen size but in depth and form factor?

I wish there was a demo unit around here or one of my friends had one so I could try it out and see if it's too big or not. I'm switching to T-Mobile so this is perfect for that but I don't know if it'd be too large for me to enjoy.

Is there another phone out there that's similar not only in screen size but in depth and form factor?

The Note 4 is a little big bigger.

I find that it's a bit easier to handle than the original Note I had a while back. Also using a diztronic protector/sleeve thingie by the way.

Tripon

Screen protectors are whack. Always go without them now a days. Anyway, finally got my one plus one today. Really liking it so far.

Screen protectors are whack. Always go without them now a days. Anyway, finally got my one plus one today. Really liking it so far.

I just never got the point in a screen protector for most people. It's overkill and won't really protect the phone. I've never used one and never had a scratch on my screen even with multiple drops due to having a case on it. I always keep my phone in it's own pocket though.

M_A_C

Any invites out there these days or do we just have to wait for the preorder? I'll be working during that preorder and probably won't be able to get to the website. :(

Tripon

A couple of days in, and I'm surprised at how much I'm loving the One Plus One over my Galaxy S4 even before my S4 fell apart.

reKon

Banned
Looking foward to what they do with the next one (only if it's under 5.5 inches). With the current trend still to go bigger, I'm afraid they'll keep it at 5.5, but small bezels. I'd really like to see a 5 to 5.2 inch from them at similar price points.

malyce

Looking foward to what they do with the next one (only if it's under 5.5 inches). With the current trend still to go bigger, I'm afraid they'll keep it at 5.5, but small bezels. I'd really like to see a 5 to 5.2 inch from them at similar price points.
I doubt they'll go smaller. Smaller screens are seen as midrange devices. Especially now where the trend is go big or go home.

So I like Windows phone, but it seems like Microsoft won't have s new high end device until windows 10 which is s while.

This phone had me intrigued as a temp phone because my 920 I'd crapping out. How much is it going to be on preorder?

jasonng

I'm hoping this is the spiritual successor of the nexus 5 that I'm looking for and judging from this thread it seems I'm not the only one who feels that way.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Really a shame this doesn't have an microSD expansion slot. Is there *ANY* plan to do a refresh version with an SD port?

Audioboxer

Going to take the plunge today at 3pm when pre-orders open up to replace my Nexus 5. Nexus 6 is too expensive and it's even bigger than this.

I am slightly worried about getting used to the size over my Nexus 5. I'm looking forward to more storage space (going from 16GB to 64GB), a slightly faster phone (Snapdragon 801 and 3GB of ram) and a "better" camera though.

Added a pair of JBL E1+ Earphones to my pre-order as well, they're on a pretty good discount it seems.

Audioboxer

Do I have to have money on my credit card when pre-ordering or will they only take it when they dispatch it?

If you pre-order quickly I'm going to assume they have a decent amount of stock piled up for this event. I'd guess you'll be charged almost instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom