• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GtwoK

How's the camera on this? And is there anything comparable in size that I could check out at a retail store? The whole 5.5" thing is kinda holding me back right now.

kharma45

How's the camera on this? And is there anything comparable in size that I could check out at a retail store? The whole 5.5" thing is kinda holding me back right now.

Mediocre. It's possible to get some good shots but that's possible with any camera.

Argyle

I think it uses the same Sony sensor that's in the Nexus 6 but I don't think the OnePlus One has optical image stabilization.

DSFan1970

It's gorgeous. Takes really fast and clear pics.

I am sorry, this is not the case. The camera is the most disappointing thing about the phone. Sluggish to take a shot. Sluggish to focus and very fuzzy pics. You have to hold the camera very steady to take a focused picture. So disappointed, the phone is great otherwise.

Bit-Bit

I am sorry, this is not the case. The camera is the most disappointing thing about the phone. Sluggish to take a shot. Sluggish to focus and very fuzzy pics. You have to hold the camera very steady to take a focused picture. So disappointed, the phone is great otherwise.

I think there's something wrong with your camera then. Mine has been great every time. Even those times where I think I'm going to get a blurry pic, it comes out clear.

For reference, I upgraded to the OnePlus from a Galaxy S3.

Lucifon

Just chiming in that the 44S update has been super solid for me since I updated at the weekend. No issues yet, touch wood. 38R was absolutely horrific, my phone would crash or reboot itself sometimes multiple times a day, along with screen flickering and other nasty issues.

DSFan1970

I think there's something wrong with your camera then. Mine has been great every time. Even those times where I think I'm going to get a blurry pic, it comes out clear.

For reference, I upgraded to the OnePlus from a Galaxy S3.

Thanks for that. I came from an iPhone 4S which for me was a quicker pick me up a take-a- great -shot with no effort phone. The 5, 5s and 6 take much much better shots IMO. Saves raw image so that's a plus.

kharma45

Yeah the camera is slow. It can get good shots but they're the exception rather than the rule.

Qvoth

i heard OPO is like a subsidiary of OPPO or something like that

anyway i want to ask you guys something, when i bought the phone i asked the shop to root it for me, i even got the superuser app and stuff so i know it was rooted, but then i updated my phone to 44S and so it's back to unrooted

my question is, do i need to unlock the bootloader and stuff to root it again? i don't wanna wipe my phone

anyway i want to ask you guys something, when i bought the phone i asked the shop to root it for me, i even got the superuser app and stuff so i know it was rooted, but then i updated my phone to 44S and so it's back to unrooted

my question is, do i need to unlock the bootloader and stuff to root it again? i don't wanna wipe my phone

Yes.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

The bootloader is probably already unlocked.

Do you have a custom recovery? If so, just flash a super user zip.

Qvoth

The bootloader is probably already unlocked.

Do you have a custom recovery? If so, just flash a super user zip.

i'm using cyanogenmod now, i bought the chinese version which was on colorOS and told the shop to change it into cwm and root it as well
pretty sure when he did that he unlocked the bootloader as well, which is why i'm asking

lolmark

Has anyone had any issues with their phones yet? I keep reading about a defect on screen. I really want to pull the trigger on this one.

Posted this in the invite thread but I figured this one might get more traffic. Added my name to the list but I'm curious as to whether or not this phone can be activated on Straight Talk. I checked the forums and got mixed responses. I'm in Alabama, if that helps in any way. It's a much more affordable and neat phone than what's available on the ST store so I'm hoping there won't be any problems. Thanks in advance!

Tripon

Posted this in the invite thread but I figured this one might get more traffic. Added my name to the list but I'm curious as to whether or not this phone can be activated on Straight Talk. I checked the forums and got mixed responses. I'm in Alabama, if that helps in any way. It's a much more affordable and neat phone than what's available on the ST store so I'm hoping there won't be any problems. Thanks in advance!

Looks like Straight Talk GSM network piggybacks ATT or T-Mobile's networks, so you should be good.

Straight Talk is another operator, through a partnership between TracFone and Walmart, offering several different rate plans; a $30 limited plan, $45 30-day unlimited plan and a $60 unlimited international calling plan. Discounts are available for purchasing multiple months of the unlimited plan. Straight Talk is a Mobile Virtual Network operator (MVNO) offering both CDMA and GSM support. The CDMA network uses Verizon's or Sprint's CDMA 1xRTT wireless networks and the GSM side makes use of either T-Mobile's or AT&T's GSM networks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TracFone_Wireless

If you don't have an invite, One Plus is opening pre orders again on the phone in 9 hours, however only for one hour barring setbacks.

http://preorder.oneplus.net/

Has anyone had any issues with their phones yet? I keep reading about a defect on screen. I really want to pull the trigger on this one.

phone broke in three weeks

doesn't recognize any sims at all

spent two months fighting for a refund, and have finally got it, if I send it back to China.

Qvoth

phone broke in three weeks

doesn't recognize any sims at all

spent two months fighting for a refund, and have finally got it, if I send it back to China.

wow really?
damn hopefully mine is all right,have it for around close to a week now

lolmark

This is becoming frustrating because I'm determined to buy a phone off contract and I felt like the OPO would be a good way to save money. The reviews seem skewed because of the price, and I feel like the nitpicky problems would be a problem for me in the long term if they didn't get resolved.

I better sleep on this some more.

This is becoming frustrating because I'm determined to buy a phone off contract and I felt like the OPO would be a good way to save money. The reviews seem skewed because of the price, and I feel like the nitpicky problems would be a problem for me in the long term if they didn't get resolved.

I better sleep on this some more.

It's a great phone. I've had mine for a few months now. Preorders are opening up again today http://preorder.oneplus.net/

HiResDes

Yeah they're dropping the ball by now by not making this phone available to more users. Unless it's some elaborate marketing ploy to generate more demand and attention given that they can't possibly be making much money off of each phone.

Milpool

I thought the delay was because it was waiting for a double tap by default? As far as I know you could always disable that in the menu.

I wasn't interested in this phone but lately its been really tempting me. That charcoal 64gb version looks sexy as hell, and I'm not sure I want to re-up on another 2 year contract come march. How's the Android L rollout looking on this one?

Jonnax

I wasn't interested in this phone but lately its been really tempting me. That charcoal 64gb version looks sexy as hell, and I'm not sure I want to re-up on another 2 year contract come march. How's the Android L rollout looking on this one?

Seems like it'll be coming with the official cyanogenmod release. They apparently said it'll be within 90 days of the release of Android L. But I'm not too sure, just ordered the phone myself.

Seems like it'll be coming with the official cyanogenmod release. They apparently said it'll be within 90 days of the release of Android L. But I'm not too sure, just ordered the phone myself.

Nice. I do like Cyanogen mod, but I did have some issues such as bluetooth streaming stuttering and skipping/ microphone/speakerphone volume. I'm not sure if that's specific to the HTC builds or if its an issue across all builds of it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom