• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orange is the New Black - Season 2 on Netflix - *Spoilers for all of S2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jzero

I have work in the morning so i only watched one episode of season two but so far it looks like it's going to be a great season.

I'm impressed, so far they have worked out the tonal issues. It's good that they saved Taystee's story for now. I'm hoping Nicky gets a another shot at a story episode this season.

Wait, Jodie Foster directed the first episode? Holy shit. And she directed Sophia's episode (3) last season.

That's so awesome! My love for Jodie grows!

By the way, waiting patiently here in Australia (netflix-less). Any other place I can watch this before I resort to... (cough)pb/eztv(cough)

Mandius

That's so awesome! My love for Jodie grows!

By the way, waiting patiently here in Australia (netflix-less). Any other place I can watch this before I resort to... (cough)pb/eztv(cough)

You can get a one week free trial of Unblock-US and a 30 day free trial of netflix to stream from the states.

EPISODE 3.............. GIRL........... WHAT?????????????

IM GOING TO BED
Which part are you talking about?

Damn, the scene between Taystee and V got me. ;_; I like V (and Taystee), very interested to see what the writers have in store with her.

so what the general consensus after watching a few episodes ?
It's good. Towards the end of the first season the writers started finding their groove and this is a continuation of that. The series has really matured compared to the beginning of the first season.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Great. I'll look it up. Thanks :D.

I do the exact same thing (except i use playmo.tv)

it's really great, I have shortcut on my desktop

dutch netflix
us netflix

tied to powershell script that changes my dns setting to the setting I want to see shows from. For about 11 euro a month I get both US and Dutch netflix compared to the flat 8 euro it would cost for dutchies.

it's so damn great and the difference in what's available make it so worth it. feels like I've got netflix premium' or something.

gdt

Someone texted me about this last night, I had completely forgotten it came back.

Can't watch any till tomorrow, however :(.

Winter John

I'm really starting to get annoyed at how naïve and stupid Piper is.

It was her constant wide eyed reaction to everything and the increasingly ridiculous plot lines that turned me off from the series. At the end of the first season, I'd say it had reached the quality levels of a cheap daytime soap opera. The characters may have been likeable, but they were also obvious, thin and badly written. It didn't know whether it wanted to be a comedy or drama, so became neither. It wasn't intense or threatening enough to be a prison drama, and it definitely wasn't funny enough to be a comedy. So it became a string of cliches and unbelievable ham situations. It's what I would call beige television. After it's finished you forget it was ever on.

Years ago there was an Australian series about a women's prison called "Prisoner Cell Block H." That was one of the cheapest tv productions I've ever seen, people laughed at it, but it had more bite and humor in one line than Orange was able to muster in one season. I'll watch the first episode and hopefully it will have improved. For all my criticisms of it I did like some of the characters. The show has a good cast, which makes it all the more frustrating. These are people who could deliver an excellent show but they are let down again and again by a terrible writer who cannot stop himself/herself from diving into the hack cookie jar.

Some complaints so far:
- Why waste time on Larry? It was a waste (for the most part) in the first season and now it is even more obvious.
- They haven't built Lorna up enough for her drama to have much weight.
- Not enough Nicky or Sophia.

On second thought, it's becoming more obvious that Larry and Piper deserved each other.
It was her constant wide eyed reaction to everything and the increasingly ridiculous plot lines that turned me off from the series. At the end of the first season, I'd say it had reached the quality levels of a cheap daytime soap opera. The characters may have been likeable, but they were also obvious, thin and badly written. It didn't know whether it wanted to be a comedy or drama, so became neither. It wasn't intense or threatening enough to be a prison drama, and it definitely wasn't funny enough to be a comedy. So it became a string of cliches and unbelievable ham situations. It's what I would call beige television. After it's finished you forget it was ever on.
I have a lot of complaints about the first season but this is some real BS.

I do the exact same thing (except i use playmo.tv)

it's really great, I have shortcut on my desktop

dutch netflix
us netflix

tied to powershell script that changes my dns setting to the setting I want to see shows from. For about 11 euro a month I get both US and Dutch netflix compared to the flat 8 euro it would cost for dutchies.

it's so damn great and the difference in what's available make it so worth it. feels like I've got netflix premium' or something.

Currently trying to make an account on the US Netflix site, but for some reason after I put in my credit card details (and a US zip code) nothing happens when I click 'Start Membership'.... I just get that stupid blue spinning wheel (mac user). T_T

Winter John

Some complaints so far:

I have a lot of complaints about the first season but this is some real BS.

Taking one line out of my entire post does not add to the discussion. If you don't like my view of the show that's fine, but at least have the courtesy to respond to my criticisms, instead of posting a cheap drive by

For what it's worth, I concur. Wife & I reached episode 9 and couldn't continue. Nothing really happens.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I'm really starting to get annoyed at how naïve and stupid Piper is.

Aye, im not sure if its necessary for the story to make her character a tool but they seem to go to great lengths to make sure she comes across that way.

Pretty much. But in no way does this make it a bad show.

It takes it down a notch, for me at least.

Seriously, it's the second season. She should know when to shut up and observe. Instead it kinda seems like she got rebooted to the first episode. Right?

I still dig the show. I think the writing is well done. Though the chracters remind me of my annoying neighbors... lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Episode 2 is so much better than 1, return to form, love this ensemble cast

dankir

My wife is super hype about this but she's going to watch the entire season in a day or two....... and then complain that there's nothing to watch on TV.

I really did wish they staggered the releases or something.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yassss let me get into this straight away

Shahadan

iLU2uQdR4VOTR.gif

Hope it's nto considered a spoiler, but couldn't resist.
Will be great for E3.

Epcott

On episode 4, can't stop watching.

Brook Soso reminds me so much of a female Kim Jeong when he does his straight man routine.

Edit: Yeah, she totally does... It's uncanny. I keep expecting her to say "Bear down for midterms."

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
First episode was some of the slowest tv I think I've ever watched
It was alright but it just felt largely redundant tbh

Taking one line out of my entire post does not add to the discussion. If you don't like my view of the show that's fine, but at least have the courtesy to respond to my criticisms, instead of posting a cheap drive by
I only went after that part because I'm not in total disagreement with the rest of what you said.

Tucah

you speak so well
Okay, episode 2 was back to the show I loved from the first season.
Tastee flashback! Plus it was nice having a Piper free episode after the premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom