• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hey guys, so uh....the Anglosphere's already fucked up pretty hard in the past year when it comes to elections

Please don't make it three for three
Just wanna remind y'all in over République française. There's been this whole thing of "White nationalism sweeping the West" that's popped up outta nowhere recently, so you guys are pretty much the last thing left to prevent a new age Axis of Evil from forming.

No pressure! None at all!

Madness

Ah, I see. So what are the odds of Macron losing against Le Pen?

He is ahead of her by 26 pointa in most polls. He will not lose. But it does say a lot about France 1/3rd the country voted for a very far right ultranationalist party and one whose policies are polling favorably.

Macron making it to the second round was self-evident. The 'surprise' is that Macron beat Le Pen. Fillon's campaign has been floundering ever since the corruption scandal broke over a month ago.

It's almost like, between Clinton and Fillon, that running scandal-ridden candidates is a recipe for a loss.

1475401891-valls2.gif

1467335935-jesus1.png

She has to overcome a 30-point deficit in the polls; most people who would accept to vote for the FN will have done so in the first round, she can't rally that much more votes compared to what she already has.

That's good to know.

Macron making it to the second round was self-evident. The 'surprise' is that Macron beat Le Pen. Fillon's campaign has been floundering ever since the corruption scandal broke over a month ago.

I see. Thanks.

Khaz

I don't think we should worry too much about the Melenchonists saying they won't vote. We're at the evening of an election day, which has been exhausting for everybody. Next round is in two weeks, no doubt most of them will have regained their cool and realised what they ought to do.

Tamanator

It's almost like, between Clinton and Fillon, that running scandal-ridden candidates is a recipe for a loss.

Pretty much. Ideologically Fillon is the candidate I agree with the most, but he should have pulled out when news of his scandal first broke. He was never going to be able to recover from such a hit, yet he selfishly stayed in the race.

Pretty cowardish from you, you're still free to express your opinion. But oh well.

Well maybe because I don't want to get banned.

So you are literally just shitposting? Why not actually try to explain to these liberal snowflakes why you support Marine Le Pen. Are you French, for instance?
Mmm no. Just saying I want her to win, that's all.... I'd like to explain, but as much as I like this forum, it's easy to get banned if your opinion it's not popular.

"Something something, Reddit told me to support her after Geert Wilders got stomped on."

These closet Trump supporters know if they share their real views on the (((globalists))) and Muslims and Mexicans on here they will be banned, so they just hide behind their hit and run posts in threads.

Or they make threads about something remotely positive Trump has done while staying completely absent of all the threads clearly demonstrating his corruption/incompetence/depravity/bigotry.

Mmm no. Just saying I want her to win, that's all.... I'd like to explain, but as much as I like this forum, it's easy to get banned if your opinion it's not popular.

Yes, screaming about greedy Jews and rapey Mexicans will get you banned.

If you're opinion isn't racist or bigoted and factually false I don't see why you would get banned.

oti

Banned
I hope Mélenchon gets to his senses and tells his supporters to vote for Macron. That would help. Le Pen's only option now is to play the anti-establishment "alternative" card.

mo60

Man, I got insta-kicked from Les Insoumis's Discord :(
The fact that I had a Hamon's profile mic may have helped

Uuuh, no ?

Weird. Then. I might be looking at the wrong site.Yeah. It looks like nothing has been counted for mainland france right now.

If you're opinion isn't racist or bigoted and factually false I don't see why you would get banned.
it's amazing how many people do that all the time

express opinion but don't back it up

when asked why, "i'll get banned"

when asked why they'll get banned because people only get banned for breaking the terms of service, they either don't reply or say something like "liberal mods will ban me anyway"

Alej

Banned
I'll vote for my penis in two weeks. I need the two piece of paper to do that, though.

Supported by economists due to potential growth.

EmiPrime

Putain, faut dire que t'es pas aidé par tes militants, Jean-Luc.

rqJEilA.jpg

They are not the brightest are they? Like those 2 on France 2 who railed against Hamon voters with the "vote utile" schtick (that is traditionally used against people like Mélenchon!) and threatened to abstain in the second round.

Jisgsaw

Uuuh, no ?

From the aactually tallied votes, she maybe is; rural areas are counted faster, and more likely to vote for her.

...then why make an account on here in the first place?

To be 100% fair, there is a gaming section, and even if you only post in OT, and only factual, reasonable views, being dogpiled by everybody can be tiresome.

Given his (absent) post history, that probably doesn't apply to him though.

They are not the brightest are they? Like those 2 on France 2 who railed against Hamon voters with the "vote utile" schtick (that is traditionally used against people like Mélenchon!) and threatened to abstain in the second round.

They got a point though. Look at what happened in the end:
Hamon, Poutou and Arthaud will tell people to vote for Macron, which is further away from their ideas than Mélenchon is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom