• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton would have been better than Trump for sure but seriously, the best chance for the US in the future would be Michelle Obama.
huh?

one of the critiques of clinton was that she was just obama-2. why would michelle be any different?

plus she doesn't want to run, she has expressed multiple times that she doesn't really like politics.

Magni

Fuck the witch. I can't stand her voice, and I can't stand her words.

English, in France? BAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

From the country that gave you "Win, ze yes need ze no to win, again ze no"

Macron has done stuff in English this election, like the call with Obama. But yeah, lol at Marine saying anything in English.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
It's going to be tough but I hope Le Pen wins.

That's pretty bold of anyone to say on a forum like NeoGAF, especially as a junior member and without backing it up with an actual argument. But go on.

[EDIT]

Macron has done stuff in English this election, like the call with Obama. But yeah, lol at Marine saying anything in English.

Right. Barring his awful accent, Macron is pretty much the only candidate who's decent at English. He's definitely more international-minded than your typical French politician.

Do you think they'll switch their support to either Macron or Le Pen or will they just not vote next round?

Most of them are in the same job as me, so the smarter ones will support Macron, the dumber will abstain I think.
I'm convinced none of them would vote Le Pen.
But most of them were afraid of something like Le Pen / Melenchon.

I didn't follow the election very closely.

So from what I understand, everyone thought it would be Fillon c Le Pen in the second round? Or was Macron winning the first round self-evident?

azyless

So from what I understand, everyone thought it would be Fillon c Le Pen in the second round? Or was Macron winning the first round self-evident?
No, Macron/Le Pen was the expected results, although the first four were close.

N7.Angel

huh?

one of the critiques of clinton was that she was just obama-2. why would michelle be any different?

plus she doesn't want to run, she has expressed multiple times that she doesn't really like politics.

It's a shame, she's educated and have a positive image worldwide, it's not Clinton case...

Quixzlizx

I think we should all commend courageous poster WeAreMirage for at least making a second post in the thread, which somehow managed to raise the bar compared to the other hit-and-run shitposters.

On that note, please make sure to bury the witch in two weeks, FranceGAF.

Jisgsaw

It was the most expected result. Actually the polls where very accurate this time.

I was hoping Fillon would make it round 2 and not Le Pen. Seeing that smile on her face made me want to vomit.

That's the only downside. Her not reaching round 2 would have been glorious, as it would have certainly lead to internal turmoil in her party.

Ah, I see. So what are the odds of Macron losing against Le Pen?

She has to overcome a 30-point deficit in the polls; most people who would accept to vote for the FN will have done so in the first round, she can't rally that much more votes compared to what she already has.

Tamanator

Macron making it to the second round was self-evident. The 'surprise' is that Macron beat Le Pen. Fillon's campaign has been floundering ever since the corruption scandal broke over a month ago.

yananana

Les petits bras du FN, sans arguments, as usual :")

1475401891-valls2.gif

oti

Banned
I know it's getting buried for obvious reasons, but seeing EM vs. FN in the second round is insane. Hollande and Fillon really ruined it for the established parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom