• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Pacquio vs Marquez III (11/12/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amagon

2mO84.jpg

Airing 9pm ET on HBO PPV presented by
HZHRO.jpg

WBO Welterweight Title - Manny Pacquiao 53 W/ 3 L/ 2 D/ 38 KOs vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 52 W/ 5 L/ 1 D/ 38 KOs
Kp1Xdl.jpg

Light Welterweight - Joel Casamayor 38 W/ 5 L/ 1 D/ 22 KOs vs. Timothy Bradley 27 W/ 0 L/ 0 D/ 11 KOs
B6lLjl.jpg

Super Featherweight - Juan Carlos Burgos 27 W/ 1 L/ 0 D/ 19 KOs vs. Luis Cruz 19 W/ 0 L/ 0 D/ 15 KOs
CN4OOl.jpg

Light Welterweight - Mike Alvarado 31 W/ 0 L/ 0 D/ 22 KOs vs. Breidis Prescott 24 W/ 3 L/ 0 D/ 19 KOs

Rzm7sl.jpg

Should be a really good fight card tonight especially since we will finally get a conclusion of the Pacquio vs Marquez trilogy!!!
Lets go Team Pacman!
I also got Puerto Rican pride fighting tonight (Luis Cruz) so I hope he does well against Mexico's fighter, Juan Carlos Burgos. Alvarado vs Prescott fight should be interesting but I have faith with Mike Alvarado to continue his undefeated record. The Casamayor vs Bradley fight is the only match that I believe will be one sided with Bradley taking the clutch and beating old man Casamayor down.

So yeah, I'm excited, and hopefully everybody else, cause the Pacquio vs Marquez match is one of the biggest fights this year. If anything, someone is gonna go down before the judge's decision. And then of course, next month, we will finally see the most anticipated, controversial rematch between Antonio Margarito vs Miguel Cotto on 12/03/11.

What would Larry Merchant say next?
fbdx4w.gif

Pacquio wins in 6.

Then hopefully he can rip apart mayweather and call it a career. Not much more he needs to do.

Freddie-Roach-Manny-Pacqu-001.jpg

In Freddie, I trust.

gimmmick said:
[ IMG]http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300540_310198072326592_100000092051652_1374234_1936220469_n.jpg[/IMG]

Manny was outside of our restaurant and one of my buddies got a photo of him.

You do know that that's not really him, right?...

Anyway, I don't really see Marquez winning this but I'm rooting for him to pull the upset. He won the first two fights imo.

jchap

Francinium said:
What did they weigh in at? Marquez looks a lot better than when he fought Mayweather.

Pacman: 143
Marquez: 142

and yes Marquez looks a ton better than he did against Mayweather. His new trainer (formerly convicted of doping Marion Jones) could have something to do with that :p

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Marquez looks better than when he fought Mayweather. Everything points to an easy victory for Pac at these higher weights. Styles make fights though and Marquez is always wrong for Pac. Hoping for a war though as the past few ppv's have been a bust.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
The Pac we have now isn't the Pac from the previous 2 fights. Manny by unanimous decision. No knockout, but a couple knockdowns are possible.

thirty

Banned
gimmmick said:
300540_310198072326592_100000092051652_1374234_1936220469_n.jpg

Manny was outside of our restaurant and one of my buddies got a photo of him.
that isn't pacquiao. that an imposter who travels to Vegas for all the big fights n gets special treatment just cuz he looks like him.

Anybody want to tell me Marquez's strategy? He appears to have beefed up, which leads me to think he wants to exchange. Not a good idea, Pacquio will murder him foot to foot.

PS: You don't beef up to increase speed or stamina. This is going to be a slugfest, trust me.

Might as put this here;

RIP Joe

PS: Joe would have knocked Tyson out in 2 rounds. LOL all you want, kiddies, that's a fact :)

Tenck

Anyone know what channel it will be on DirecTv? My dad is trying to order it and has very fucking little patience for anything and is driving me bat shit insane. I can order it from the channel it's braodcasted on too right?

Please Gaf, help me before I kill someone.

THE NO LIFE KING said:
It saddens me to see this thread struggling on its first page while tonights UFC fight is on five pages.

:(

The UFC card has actually started though. There's nothing to post about here. (though if the main event is as one sided as I expect it to be, you may not see much traffic either way)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
At what EST time does the match itself actually start?

Far too late for this rematch, think Pac will stop him this time out. Would love to be wrong though so Marquez can finally get justice.

Amagon

Gonna try to post as we go during this fight but I'm getting shitty at the moment. And my buddy is having a bitching ass time trying to get the ppv working. But anyhoot, Let's do this mang!

Edit: Just realize I mispell Pacquiao's name in the thread title. Appreciate if a mod could fix my mistake, thank you.

K1LLER7

pac in 7 rounds, then a couple of days later, pac-man v mayweather cancelled. don't believe the fight will happen personally.

985boi

K1LLER7 said:
anyone have a rough idea in what time the pac/marquez fight will start? its 02:36 here in the uk :(

They show these ppv fights live in the UK? Wouldn't it be 3-5 AM over there by the time when the fight starts??

alterno69

Banned
The fight is aired an hour later here in Mexico, no PPV available :( . Is there a site i could pay to watch it live?
Or some shitty stream anywhere?

K1LLER7

thanks. Thought it would be around 4 ish.

still pretty late, gonna get some sleep.

They show these ppv fights live in the UK? Wouldn't it be 3-5 AM over there by the time when the fight starts??
can't find it on TV here, gonna watch online, show started at 2am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom