• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

I'm still hearing fireworks on the MO side. I ran out a while ago. I was born a few years after the 85 series so I've literally been waiting my entire life for this.

You'll be back Mets. Hopefully we're right there with you.

Sigma722

Parade is Tuesday at noon. Class will be skipped that day.

CSyM6V3UEAAi7rp.jpg

Just sent my vacation request. Cannot wait.

dvolovets

Congrats, KC fans!! I was rooting for them all season, even as a Twins fan. :) I think it's hilarious that Butera has a WS ring, though...

Josh5890

Nothing is guaranteed in baseball, let alone sports in general, but I think it is pretty clear that the Royals have the best chance to repeat as division champs next year.

spliced

I wasn't cheering for the Royals but at least they were entertaining. It's just too bad Mets error fest crapped up the series. Mets win tonight and Royals take it in 6 or 7 would have been a better finish.

androvsky

What makes this amazing for me is all the years I followed Royals baseball it was just understood they'd never make the post season, they just couldn't afford to compete. I still remember the miracle season when Tony Pena managed to put the Royals in first of their division for the first half of the season. Kinda gave up following baseball after that.

Good God that was over a decade ago.

Did the league institute some more revenue sharing in the last decade or did we just get that lucky with a fresh team?

SRTtoZ

Lol Frank Thomas "Mets shouldn't hang their heads, they did nothing wrong except play badly and blow the series".

zulux21

Nothing is guaranteed in baseball, let alone sports in general, but I think it is pretty clear that the Royals have the best chance to repeat as division champs next year.

im going to go with the dodgers have the best chance
then KC. Though there isn't a team in the al central that will make it easy for them.
the tigers will likely right their ship, the indians are a lot like the royals of a few years back now just a bit away from putting it together, the white sox have a great foundation for a great team just need to get the other pieces somewhere (a few are in the minors) and could easily be a 90 win team next year, and the twins have a lot of young talent but are likely a few years away from making a real run of it.

Congrats Royals. The way you come back in the late innings is surreal. It honestly felt like the Royals were definitely going to win when they were down by 1 in the 9th. Because they always do.

The base running by Hosmer in the 9th says it all. Put relentless pressure on the other team and force them to make mistakes.

As expected, the Royals were going to be unstoppable if Cueto was Cueto. That was the only question mark for the team.

Lward the Royals are well built team. Aside from your 2 dumbass pitchers, it is impossible not to be impressed, and a little turned on, by the KC roster.

Cipherr

Heard fireworks and went outside like what in the hell? Neighbors were lighting them too about 30m ago. It only just popped into my mind that the Royals were playing for the chip tonight
KuGsj.gif

I don't follow baseball like that, but it's gonna be crazy in the city tomorrow.

LordCanti

What makes this amazing for me is all the years I followed Royals baseball it was just understood they'd never make the post season, they just couldn't afford to compete. I still remember the miracle season when Tony Pena managed to put the Royals in first of their division for the first half of the season. Kinda gave up following baseball after that.

Good God that was over a decade ago.

Did the league institute some more revenue sharing in the last decade or did we just get that lucky with a fresh team?

It was over by the all-star break my entire life. I think what changed is a combination of home grown talent and David Glass finally opening his wallet.

However it happened it's the greatest sports thing that has happened to this town in 30 years.

Yep. Looks like I will be sick that day.

I do work close in KCK, but just going to take the day.

Yeah there's no way I'm doing anything else on Tuesday

Heard fireworks and went outside like what in the hell? Neighbors were lighting them too about 30m ago. It only just popped into my mind that the Royals were playing for the chip tonight
KuGsj.gif

I don't follow baseball like that, but it's gonna be crazy in the city tomorrow.

Some of my neighbors lights definitely went on when they started going off :p

prag16

Banned
Additionally, fuck Murphy for hating on gay people and being the worst second baseman, and thanks to Syndergaard for tossing at our MVPs head and waking an angry dragon.

Who cares what Murphy thinks about gay people. Most people disagree with plenty of people's lifestyles for numerous reasons. I don't exactly see him out there with pitchforks and torches trying to stir up hatred and intolerance. That was a nonsense sensationalist media created controversy, and the schadenfreude over it now is pathetic. But yeah, he's definitely a below average defensive 2nd baseman. No arguments there.

Also, Syndergaard's pitch was 1.5 inches inside. And your team was blown out that game. There was no waking dragon. Just a well oiled machine that doesn't make mistakes and blow three leads late in games in the same series. Tough way to lose. Wouldn't have been "easier" as a fan to just have been outclassed and run over.

I'm 32....don't remember '85...I've waited 30 years for this day.

My grandpa helped build Kauffman...my entire family bleeds blue. This is more than just baseball to me...I cried and I don't care.

This is nirvana.......dreamland.....

Enjoy it man, this is a great franchise that deserves another crack at a WS. Maybe next time you could even clinch at Kauffman :)

Mifune

Mehmber
Who cares what Murphy thinks about gay people. Most people disagree with plenty of people's lifestyles for numerous reasons. I don't exactly see him out there with pitchforks and torches trying to stir up hatred and intolerance. That was a nonsense sensationalist media created controversy, and the schadenfreude over it now is pathetic. But yeah, he's definitely a below average defensive 2nd baseman. No arguments there.

Also, Syndergaard's pitch was 1.5 inches inside. And your team was blown out that game. There was no waking dragon. Just a well oiled machine that doesn't make mistakes and blow three leads late in games in the same series. Tough way to lose. Wouldn't have been "easier" as a fan to just have been outclassed and run over.

I disagree with Murphy's disagreements but yeah, he's a Christian and many Christians (and many many athletes) also "disagree with the homosexual lifestyle." They just haven't said it out loud.

Saying he's a horrible person is a bit much. I guess many of my relatives are horrible people, too.

Choomp

Banned

This is a good post. Murphy can think whatever, I disagree with him but it won't affect how I feel about him as a ball player. That being said, he can decisively sign somewhere else. I didn't want the Mets to resign him anyway, but this end will make it easier

Velcoro

Really wanted the Mets to win to make the series more interesting but the Royals keep finding ways to finish. Enjoy Royals fans!

Are you serious? Being gay is no more a life style choice than being straight or being white or black or whatever. It's baffling to me when people say "I don't agree with a gay life style"

I hate this fucking sport.

Can I not have just ONE happy fucking sports moment in my fucking life?

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out Murph.

prag16

Banned
This is a good post. Murphy can think whatever, I disagree with him but it won't affect how I feel about him as a ball player. That being said, he can decisively sign somewhere else. I didn't want the Mets to resign him anyway, but this end will make it easier

In the same interview, he also said he thought it was forward thinking of the Mets to bring Billy Bean in to spent time with the team in the spring, and speak with them, and that he would welcome a gay teammate and/or have no problems with them. But that part of it doesn't play well with the rabble rousers.

Anyway strictly talking baseball, this series does make it easier as a fan to part ways with Cespedes and Murphy (which was probably the right move regardless of what they did or didn't do in the playoffs and the WS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom