• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Xbox Power King Memes

Hosam6xavi

Banned
Ones open a time
qqVk9dl.jpg

Cato

Banned
Ones open a time
qqVk9dl.jpg

I am a collector and the biggest sony fan you have ever met,
but why would I want to play ps1/2/3/4 games via emulation on PS5 when I have physical ps1/2/3/4 consoles already hooked up to the screen in my dedicated sony console room?

Are there really that many people out there that care about BC and want to play PS1/2 games THAT DOES NOT ALREADY OWN AND PLAY THESE GAMES ALREADY ON GENUINE PS1/2 CONSOLES?
(or if emulation is your game, why not play it on an emulator on your pc already?)

I don't know. This is not for me. If this is something you want and will use,more power to you. I will be happy for you if this will make you enjoy games even more. Salut!

Last edited:

Tamy

Banned

love the anti-wobble paper there, nice detail:

N8hX.gif

but why would I want to play ps1/2/3/4 games via emulation on PS5 when I have physical ps1/2/3/4 consoles already hooked up to the screen in my dedicated sony console room?

imagine playing all those games in native 4K and highest FPS possibe for free?!

just look at this:

or this:

Imagine easily playing this with a new controller, and even have a party chat with friends meanwhile or message friends, easily.
no need to swap tvs, swap consoles or whatever, a single device?!
Also, don't forget: it's getting harder and harder to get replacement controllers, or replacement consoles.
What if your controllers breaks? What if the console fails?
Not an issue with xbox, but a deal breaker with playstation!
Also, why not offer it? the console could easily do it, come on. its not a big deal.

Last edited:

Cato

Banned

N8hX.gif

just look at this:

or this:

Imagine easily playing this with a new controller, and even have a party chat with friends meanwhile or message friends, easily.
Also, don't forget: it's getting harder and harder to get replacement controllers, or replacement consoles.
Also, why not offer it? the console could easily do it, come on. its not a big deal.

I don't see an issue with sourcing new PS1/2/3 anytime soon. They are plenty availble on ebay cheaply and I have one of each motherboard revision for ps1/2 already and most of the ps3 revisions (though I lack the very first one that had basically the ps2 hardware built in. money can solve that issue eventually)

So, how many of your friends want to hook up and play a game of PS1 Spyro online with you?
You know that PS1/2 games generally have ZERO online multiplayer capability?

Do you often have friends on party chat that ask you "lets play vagrant story, or rather, you play it on your emulator and we listen to your commentary when you play it?" Does that happen often?

EDIT: Ok, I know I am antagonistic here, but I do play old PS1 and PS2 games quite a bit. Mostly JRPGs since the other games have not, lets be honest, aged very well. UNLESS you want to play them for nostalgic reasons and want to relive your childhood.
I strongly believe that the people that WANT to play PS1 and PS2 games already do so, on genuine hardware since that is what they want to relive.
I think that the number of people that want to play these ancient game on an emulator is a tiny fraction, virtually zero.
Just the other day, I paid ~15$ + shipping from japan for a PS1 game I want to play ON MY PS1.
You know anyone at all that has spent even 5$ for a PS1 game to play on a real console or an emulator during last few months?

Last edited:

Flintty

I don't see an issue with sourcing new PS1/2/3 anytime soon. They are plenty availble on ebay cheaply and I have one of each motherboard revision for ps1/2 already and most of the ps3 revisions (though I lack the very first one that had basically the ps2 hardware built in. money can solve that issue eventually)

So, how many of your friends want to hook up and play a game of PS1 Spyro online with you?
You know that PS1/2 games generally have ZERO online multiplayer capability?

Do you often have friends on party chat that ask you "lets play vagrant story, or rather, you play it on your emulator and we listen to your commentary when you play it?" Does that happen often?

EDIT: Ok, I know I am antagonistic here, but I do play old PS1 and PS2 games quite a bit. Mostly JRPGs since the other games have not, lets be honest, aged very well. UNLESS you want to play them for nostalgic reasons and want to relive your childhood.
I strongly believe that the people that WANT to play PS1 and PS2 games already do so, on genuine hardware since that is what they want to relive.
I think that the number of people that want to play these ancient game on an emulator is a tiny fraction, virtually zero.
Just the other day, I paid ~15$ + shipping from japan for a PS1 game I want to play ON MY PS1.
You know anyone at all that has spent even 5$ for a PS1 game to play on a real console or an emulator during last few months?
What you’re describing is quite niche.
What I’m currently able to do is buy an OG Xbox game that I loved, that I don’t have a console set up for anymore. And it looks and runs better on the X than it ever did on the original hardware. Still slightly niche but more accessible to mainstream gamers.

Don’t get me wrong, I still have my DC, Megadrive and SNES for nostalgia but rarely get them out. I do love old consoles and original experiences.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

N8hX.gif

just look at this:

or this:

It's only no big deal, when you can't have it.

Thats said, I'd buy a PS5 for PS1/2 emulsion alone, those games used to be fun.

Jon Neu

Banned
This forum is making me hate Playstation, and I don't want to hate Playstation.

I need to seperate the fans from the device. It's getting tough.

Same here.

There are good Sony fans like MiyazakiHatesKojima, but most of them are completely obnoxious. And the problem is that there are a LOT of them. In every thread they just gang on anybody who dares to deviate from the narrative.

You’re in the wrong thread, dude.

This forum is making me hate Playstation, and I don't want to hate Playstation.

I need to seperate the fans from the device. It's getting tough.

I didnt start feeling this way until the Crytek Guy thread. The hypocrisy and delusion on display in that thread was stunning, imo.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Are there really that many people out there that care about BC and want to play PS1/2 games THAT DOES NOT ALREADY OWN AND PLAY THESE GAMES ALREADY ON GENUINE PS1/2 CONSOLES?
(or if emulation is your game, why not play it on an emulator on your pc already?)

I don't know. This is not for me. If this is something you want and will use,more power to you. I will be happy for you if this will make you enjoy games even more. Salut!

OMG - Do you also have an altar set up in there with a sacred icon of Cerny you pray to?

Top Bottom