• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

James93

2 hours in. Its great as always. The quality of players has jumped massively on ps4.
Only concern is the potential of how far micro transactions can go. I'm afraid at some point it will go down the tf2 road and start selling guns.

Alavard

Game with 10 seconds left -> not enough players, skirmish -> game starts -> game suddenly waiting for more players -> waits for 5 minutes with us running around doing nothing of value -> another game with 10 seconds left -> skirmish -> new game waiting for more players.

They need to fix this.

Heh, I hadn't played Mercy much during the Beta but she feels very rewarding when your teammates actually play the objective, even more so when they thank you in chat after a game.

I've already had games where I couldn't find anyone because they were too busy doing their own thing though, lol. Or players crying for PoTG. Guess that's to be expected right at release.

Must say I'm glad to be playing it again though! I wouldn't have expected to like/miss it so much.

I love playing Mercy on a decent team. Guardian Angel makes her such a joy. More fun than I ever had playing TF2 Medic.

Rafy

I've been mercy every game it doesn't help. People don't attack together. They run in one at a time and get slaughter. The only tank player I've had was a winston and he would leap 500 ft ahead of the team like he was king kong and die

2 straight hours of losing

It was not that bad for me so far, when it happens though it is infuriating.

Shahadan

I already had one of my contacts throwing a tantrum and declare he's uninstalling because he loses. :lol:

How the fuck are some people even functioning properly irl

Just played a match on Temple of Anubis against a team with three Torbjörns. They had three maxed out turrets facing our team coming into that choke point beneath the arches; one on the balcony and one in each side door.

What a fucking massacre, we couldn't get past that point for the whole match. Doesn't help that it seems only me and one other player were interested in playing anyone that wasn't Offense.

Apathy

Game with 10 seconds left -> not enough players, skirmish -> game starts -> game suddenly waiting for more players -> waits for 5 minutes with us running around doing nothing of value -> another game with 10 seconds left -> skirmish -> new game waiting for more players.

They need to fix this.

Big time, this is infuriating. I dont want to get into an already going game, i dont want to go into a losing game, i dont want to go through loading screens just to see "defeat". How hard is it to code "if payload is <5 meters dont queue a person in"

I've been mercy every game it doesn't help. People don't attack together. They run in one at a time and get slaughter. The only tank player I've had was a winston and he would leap 500 ft ahead of the team like he was king kong and die

2 straight hours of losing

Pretty much my experience. I've probably won two games at most. I've realized it paid off more if I played Lucio instead of Mercy

Veggy

That feel when playing Genji and seeing Bastions kill themselves to reflect

Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-06.jpg

Just played a match on Temple of Anubis against a team with three Torbjörns. They had three maxed out turrets facing our team coming into that choke point beneath the arches; one on the balcony and one in each side door.

What a fucking massacre, we couldn't get past that point for the whole match. Doesn't help that it seems only me and one other player were interested in playing anyone that wasn't Offense.

Use Junkrat?
There is! Search button at the top of https://playoverwatch.com/

Thanks!

Nobody is playing objective which is super fun. I understand it's new but it doesn't take a genius to figure you should stop the payload from fucking moving.

Pretty much my experience. I've probably won two games at most. I've realized it paid off more if I played Lucio instead of Mercy

Lucio definitely beats Mercy as the go-to if you're on a...questionable team. No look aoe heals/speed boost so even if your teammates are basically just decoys you can at least keep them standing longer to draw fire as you work

Trago

I'm killing it with Mercy. Damage boost is no joke.

Now if only everyone would focus on the damn objective, we'd be unstoppable.

Lucio definitely beats Mercy as the go-to if you're on a...questionable team. No look aoe heals/speed boost so even if your teammates are basically just decoys you can at least keep them standing longer to draw fire as you work

Can confirm. Played Lucio and we dominated on easy mode. Played Mercy and my team loved me but the game was much harder.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Can someone quickly explain how Lucio works? I switch from speed to heal. Is the heal just auto-healing those around me? How far does it work?

Does speed speed up my teammates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom