• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parham

Banned
Support is non-existent in most of these matches right now. I'm sure it'll get better as the community matures, but I'd really like to go back to playing Pharah. Luckily, Mercy is a ton of fun to play too.

valeo

I'm not sure why you're all expecting people to play the objective within the first few hours of release. Won't ever happen. Itll take weeks for people to do that.

Les

Banned
Anyone having issues joining/inviting friends on any platform? I'm on Xbox atm.

Xbox is definitely having this problem. No workarounds thru dashboard or anything. Only way to play with friends is joining and waiting via spectate but you might end up on another team.

Nobody is playing objective which is super fun. I understand it's new but it doesn't take a genius to figure you should stop the payload from fucking moving.
The more I see things like this (and experienced myself in the beta), the more I'm convinced people either truly can't tell the difference between an Objective Mode and Team Deathmatch and just think all online shooters are about them kills. Or that they figure the rest of the team should do all the work since playing objectives is boring and such.

Ugh.

valeo

The salt in this thread is amazing. How people can go from being hyped for weeks to hating the word because they lost a few games is interesting to me - feel like there should be a psychological study done.

Pro tip :don't complain about team mates not being good enough. You have the option to group up with people you feel reach your standards. You are ruining the game for those who just want to play casually and have a bit of fun.

Support is non-existent in most of these matches right now. I'm sure it'll get better as the community matures, but I'd really like to go back to playing Pharah. Luckily, Mercy is a ton of fun to play too.

Win a round with a diverse team, then people switch to 2 snipers and 2 soldier 76's.

Awesome.

They've confirmed it as an issue.
Xbox is noted to be having problems with parties for the game right now. Blizzard is aware of it.
Xbox is definitely having this problem. No workarounds thru dashboard or anything. Only way to play with friends is joining and waiting via spectate but you might end up on another team.

Ah, alright- thanks, guys.
Been doing the spectate workaround but you don't get that beautiful 20% bonus, haha.
Hopefully, it's remedied tomorrow.

I'm bad at shooters, or mostly I don't play them much, but the game looked really fun and my friends told me to buy it and play with them. I just dont want to look like a straight up scrub lol. I know its objective based.

ebil

Can someone quickly explain how Lucio works? I switch from speed to heal. Is the heal just auto-healing those around me? How far does it work?

Does speed speed up my teammates?
Lúcio's Crossfade passively affects people in range around you. The number in the middle of the Crossfade icon is the numbers of players in range. The Speed buff works the same way, it speeds you and your teammates up.

In my experience, Lúcio is pretty good when your team just does whatever as you don't have to chase everyone around like Mercy.

vixlar

I'm bad at shooters, or mostly I don't play them much, but the game looked really fun and my friends told me to buy it and play with them. I just dont want to look like a straight up scrub lol. I know its objective based.

Lucio is a good starter. You don't have to kill to be useful. Activate your healing and use q when contesting. I got many votes without killing anyone. (I can't use his gun) His secondary shot is cool, but it has a cooldown u_u

Best Buy copy picked up with the bonus plate thingy

39F04F06-CFA2-4796-BEF5-66F200105588.jpg

darth991

Neo Member
Very happy about how smooth the launch on PC has been for me. Got in around a few minutes after launch and haven't had any server kicks or problems. Awesome job Blizzard!

SwolBro

Banned
game has had some connections issues, outside of that it's been fun.

people can't expect others to know how to play the game so soon. geez. relax, let people enjoy themselves.

competitive mode isn't even open yet, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom