• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How could the game launch with no Xbox party stuff working when it apparently worked in the beta. What kind of bullshit is that? How could the ball be dropped that far.

So I entered my PS4 Noire skin code, and it says it's installed, but I don't see it as selectable for me. The other 5 Origin skins are unlocked but Noire is MIA. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? I tried deleting and reinstalling the whole game, doesn't seem to be a way to just delete the dlc as even when I delete the game data it still shows the Noire skin as "installed."

I'm having trouble nailing down d.va's playstyle.

I can use her ultimate quite well, but that only takes me so far...

Same... I'm still confused as how to use her exactly..

Play her like Tracer with a lot of health. D Va is good at flanking and harassing the other team. Her boost can also displace people, so she's great at swatting down snipers who are high up, and can displace a team huddled around an objective.

This game is getting close to be civilization crack for me...just one more loot box and go to bed...nope 3 matches later. LOL.

Few things that i'm seeing.

1) regardless what side your on, you need a tank. My last match was without a tank and if it wasn't for me healing, we wouldn't of taken the first control/objective point...which comes to #2

2) healer is a necessity as well. Going back to point #1, if I wasn't healing my ass off on the first objective point, we would've lost w/out taking an objective point.

3) Loot boxes were a great idea. Not planning to spend real cash on them as well. Want to play the game and earn them.

3) Game is fantastic...I love it and can't wait to play more.

Night guys.

exYle

I'm having trouble nailing down d.va's playstyle.

I can use her ultimate quite well, but that only takes me so far...

Flank. Harass. Get kills on lone, weak targets. If you get overwhelmed, pop your defence matrix and then fly the fuck outta there

Also never forget that D.Va outside her mech has the smallest hitbox in the game and a really, really solid full-auto pistol. It does some impressive work, I remember in the beta weakening three baddies with my mech, but actually finishing them off on foot.

Pick Reaper, do the same thing, but do actual damage when you flank people with actual health

Flank and annoy enemy players. It's okay even if you don't kill anyone, as long as you're behind enemy lines constantly annoying them you're doing your job.
Try to take down things like Bastion, Torb turrets, scout Symmetra turrets/teleporters.

Flank, keep a charge in reserve to escape a bad situation, try to stay calm so you don't fuck up the sticky bomb plant.
Ah, alright so she's more of a lurking role?

I just felt like I was struggling to actually damage and kill full health people, and couldn't tell if it's because her pistols are weak as fuck, or if I'm just missing my shots.

For her weapon fire, it seems tap firing isn't a thing? Just spray, reload, spray?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
She doesn't need to reload, her clip is infinite.

The damage fall off is massive though. You really want to shoot into peoples' faces.

U2NUMB

How could the game launch with no Xbox party stuff working when it apparently worked in the beta. What kind of bullshit is that? How could the ball be dropped that far.

It is so unacceptable and the last thing we heard on the matter was over 3 hours ago..

Ah, alright so she's more of a lurking role?

I just felt like I was struggling to actually damage and kill full health people, and couldn't tell if it's because her pistols are weak as fuck, or if I'm just missing my shots.

For her weapon fire, it seems tap firing isn't a thing? Just spray, reload, spray?

It's okay to be active. But hit and run, aiming for less beefy characters especially, is how you'll do best. And yeah, you don't need to tap. She doesn't lose much (if any?) accuracy in sustained fire.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Reaper is fucking awesome.

All of you TF2 Spy mains, play with Reaper. As a very offensive Dead Ringer I feel right at home with Reaper's abilities.

Xyber

Still no key from GMG, sigh.

Are they waiting for the physical copies and then sending away all the keys manually or something. That's like the only explanation to why this is so slow :p.

DNAbro

Playing Tracer, get charged by that guy who can charge and hold you( idk his name yet), throw sticky bomb right before, "you're fucking coming with me"

Game is so damn good.

ExVicis

Bought this because of the hype machine, even digital.

No regrets. DVA 4 lyfe.

My man!

latest

morethepolar

Neo Member
Have they really gone so far into the AI charade that they create the fake usernames and make you search for a game when you choose to practice Vs. AI or is there some sort of setting I need to tweak that's causing me to join actual games?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
STAND ON THE POINT

STAND ON THE POINT

FOR GOD'S SAKE

IN ORDER TO CAPTURE THE POINT

YOU HAVE TO STAND

ON

THE POINT

EDIT: FUCK IT YOU'RE ALL RATED MINUS

Lol, so true.

So - never played the beta. Got sucked into the hype just in the last couple weeks or so. Got it on PC, and played for about three hours tonight. Currently level 8.

First impressions:

- Playing with IRL friends, or even GAF-ers, is going to be exponentially more fun than with randoms. Seriously, this game demands constant communication; moreso than just about any game I've played since, shoot, Halo 2 (and Rainbow 6: Siege, I guess).

- I really love playing Mercy - but holy shit, guys, please pay attention to me a LITTLE bit. I can hold my own and fend off a guy or two; but some folks completely ignore me and just expect absolutely free healing the whole game. Mercy is squishy.

- I suck with the Ninja guy, that is all.

I love how every POTG is Bastion. smh

It's because he's overpowered as fuck, yet all people want to do is stick their fingers in the ears and say "counter" over and over.

Give it a month or two when he's still doing the same garbage and maybe Blizzard will finally do something about it.

Have they really gone so far into the AI charade that they create the fake usernames and make you search for a game when you choose to practice Vs. AI or is there some sort of setting I need to tweak that's causing me to join actual games?

practice vs. AI is a group of people playing against bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom