• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Have they really gone so far into the AI charade that they create the fake usernames and make you search for a game when you choose to practice Vs. AI or is there some sort of setting I need to tweak that's causing me to join actual games?

Practice vs AI is just that, a match with players vs AI. I think there's a setting for AI team-mates though.

Lol, so true.

So - never played the beta. Got sucked into the hype just in the last couple weeks or so. Got it on PC, and played for about three hours tonight. Currently level 8.

First impressions:

- Playing with IRL friends, or even GAF-ers, is going to be exponentially more fun than with randoms. Seriously, this game demands constant communication; moreso than just about any game I've played since, shoot, Halo 2 (and Rainbow 6: Siege, I guess).

- I really love playing Mercy - but holy shit, guys, please pay attention to me a LITTLE bit. I can hold my own and fend off a guy or two; but some folks completely ignore me and just expect absolutely free healing the whole game. Mercy is squishy.

- I suck with the Ninja guy, that is all.

Are you me?, I try my best to heal and a lot of people just run into the middle of the battle like non-thinking beings and I'm like "dude, please stop, I'll be destroyed in two seconds if I go in there".

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
It's because he's overpowered as fuck, yet all people want to do is stick their fingers in the ears and say "counter" over and over.

Give it a month or two when he's still doing the same garbage and maybe Blizzard will finally do something about it.

He's absolutely not OP. He has a bunch of counters.

LordofPwn

1st loot box was legendary young Hanzo skin. Hit level 11. 0 PotG, 18 wins, 8 loses, killed by bastion once.

Best multiplayer game of the year.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
It's because he's overpowered as fuck, yet all people want to do is stick their fingers in the ears and say "counter" over and over.

Give it a month or two when he's still doing the same garbage and maybe Blizzard will finally do something about it.

Some of us have been playing this game for months and months in the closed beta.

When the dust settles and most people know how to play better he'll be solid middle of the pack and that's it.

Haines

Banned
I played as soldier76 all night. Might seem lame to some but I figured a simple character would allow me to absorb everything else the game has to offer.

Need to figure out my elite controller tho.
The sticks don't feel the best but I know you can change the way they work in the elites custom settings.

valeo

I played as soldier76 all night. Might seem lame to some but I figured a simple character would allow me to absorb everything else the game has to offer.

Need to figure out my elite controller tho.
The sticks don't feel the best but I know you can change the way they work in the elites custom settings.

Soldier76 is fine man; not lame at all. I like the fact that 'ordinary joe bloggs soldier' actually sticks out a bit in a game like this because everyone else is so fantastical.

I would recommend changing your hero depending on how the game is going, though.

DNAbro

Bastion hasn't been a problem at all. I've only seen one PotG with him and he's pretty easy to beat. Kicked his ass with both Tracer and Agent 76.

marrec

Banned
Got what should have been a POTG rez on Mercy but they gave it to the Tracer who I rezzed who didn't kill anyone wtf gg blizz

STAND ON THE POINT

STAND ON THE POINT

FOR GOD'S SAKE

IN ORDER TO CAPTURE THE POINT

YOU HAVE TO STAND

ON

THE POINT

EDIT: FUCK IT YOU'RE ALL RATED MINUS

nah man if you just look at the point while wobbling around it's basically the same thing

what, you want to stand on it and keep the game going

what if i die

if i die, then i might lose the game

Whales

Banned
Just got my first legendary ( 8 lootboxes opened for that...)

Odile for Widowmaker

I don't play widowmaker
and it's ugly as fuck

RIP

MBison

I love the legendary skins but getting them seems virtually impossible.

And at the shitty rate they're dropped I don't want to purchase Loot Boxes cause I know I'll get all sprays

peakish

Got matched up with way better players than me. Level 10 yo, they've been playing all night before I woke up. Hopefully there'll be more bad players like me tonight!

Edit: Haven't seen a Bastion POTG since maybe five hours into the beta, dunno what everyone's talking about with him anymore.

"OP" Bastion goes down with like two direct rocket hits from Pharah

I'm not even close to gud but come on fam

If you're just getting caught in situations where you're right next to him and can't react then well.......next respawn go around behind him?

Bastion is considered one of the weakest character in professional scrims, fam. Hes only good in public servers month 1 when most dudes on your team dont know how to play the game and pick Trace and Soldier 76 on instinct, running into bullets and wondering what happen. He's so easy to counter that basically nobody plays him above mid-tier play.

ExVicis

nah man if you just look at the point while wobbling around it's basically the same thing

what, you want to stand on it and keep the game going

what if i die

if i die, then i might lose the game

You're so right. That's why I pick Widomaker and stay with her the entire game, even if I'm not doing a very good job at least I'm still alive!

Towards the end of the beta I felt I had good odds against Bastion, but so far today i've seen a lot of them team up with Reinhardt and it's annoying as hell.

Gotta love how many times this game decides to drop me into a losing game with less than a minute left lol
Oh and that waiting for one more player bug is really annoying too

Thanks for proving my point lol.

I don't think it's necessarily that the character itself is op, just that it leans heavily towards corner camping. Usually during those POTG's I find the players are unaware of the of them and get sprung. I just don't mesh well with the play style personally and do awful as him, but he certainly does hit hard when you're doing the right things.

Maximo

People can play bastion as much as they want, im fine with the free kills as Genji.

Bastion is considered one of the weakest character in professional scrims, fam. Hes only good in public servers month 1 when most dudes on your team dont know how to play the game and pick Trace and Soldier 76 on instinct, running into bullets and wondering what happen. He's so easy to counter that basically nobody plays him above mid-tier play.

I tried him out for the first time tonight and he does seem OP at first, but the kind of people I'm playing against right now seem to think "stand in the line of fire" and trade shots is a viable strategy against turret Bastion.

How fast do credits stack up? I wasn't paying attention during post-match screens, but is there a set amount you earn per match or is it only from loot boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom