• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinaar

Level 8 and ending for the night. Game is fun as heck. Never played the Beta. Love the variety of characters and what they bring to the table. Blizzard, you're just too good.

I'm not sure, does Overwatch mean GPU?

I believe GPU? I would tell you but I'm not at my PC with Overwatch at the moment. I recall my 980 ti sitting around 79-81 during the beta, but mine has a non-stock cooler and my case has like 4 fans.

Your temps are "fine," but if you're worried about it, you can probably find some software that lets you tweak the fan profile to be a bit more aggressive (higher RPM).

rmt92

Arcade Mode is fun but it's a mess.

3 Winston is nigh unstoppable.

Yea I picked Winston when no one else was him and wondered why no one else had picked him. Just crazy good in arcade mode. Constantly jumping around is too much fun.

Grisby

Is there anything better than erecting a great wall of ice in front of the attacks start gates?
Hanzo requires no aiming. it's so much bullshit the advantage they gave him with the hitboxes. hes literally aiming at someplace I haven't even landed on and it gives him a headshot
Had this happen too. Feels like the rich creaminess of bullshit.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Having the same issue as in beta, if I have any sort of CPU overclock the game shits the bed, it'll be working perfectly then just randomly start to constantly drop frames and chug, no idea why. The overclock is 24 hour Prime95 stable and is perfect in every other game. I even switched to a very mild overclock and it did the same thing, very odd. I'm currently playing at 100% stock BIOS and it hasn't done it for a couple of hours, we'll see if it holds throughout the day tomorrow. Obviously temps and all that are perfect, I've been overclocking for many years so it's all as it should be, but Overwatch just refuses to play nice with it. I'm interested if anyone else has noticed the same? I'm using a 3570k.

ExVicis

I just had a heat-pounding close game. Less than a minute on Anubis to capture point B, the entire enemy team is alive with turrets from Symmetra everywhere and a Bastion. Suddenly WINSTON SMASH and I weaken them enough that we get a team kill.

Then the play of the game ends up being Bastion...

It was fun to get that last second win but goddamn I'm tired of Bastion plays of the game.

Tabby

He is probably the hardest tank to play well and I think that's because he isn't actually a great 1on1 hero (except against certain heroes like Widowmaker). He is a hero that becomes much more useful when you play with a well organized team. Also I think he is actually pretty tanky as his shield is good (and it also tanks for teammates).

It's the same with all projectiles though. Mei etc.

Well yeah but even then you need to think about when to use the shield; I can see how it'd be useful though, It's not as easy as Zarya's where it's just pop it and go.

I think I'll just never touch him unless I get really good at the game.

Yea I picked Winston when no one else was him and wondered why no one else had picked him. Just crazy good in arcade mode. Constantly jumping around is too much fun.

Man Tracer is unbelievably fun in the weekly brawl. Her blink is pretty much always up, all you're doing is just popping out and nothing can hit you.

I believe GPU? I would tell you but I'm not at my PC with Overwatch at the moment. I recall my 980 ti sitting around 79-81 during the beta, but mine has a non-stock cooler and my case has like 4 fans.

Your temps are "fine," but if you're worried about it, you can probably find some software that lets you tweak the fan profile to be a bit more aggressive (higher RPM).

Thank you for your help.

Soi-Fong

Man... Turrets are crazy OP right now. In Volskaya, defenders just stack the objective with turrets. Even tanks can't do much against them.

Iceman829

2 wins in 4.5 hours. I just had the most healing on my team with 336 because I picked up health packs. I think I'll be playing the division tomorrow to check out the 1.2 update until blizzard can fix the party shit on xbox

Anyone know if syncing my battlenet account to my PSN will give me the same unlocks? I play mostly on PC, but have console friends I will be playing with.

So, I got a new TV recently and was playing Overwatch and realized that some of the player text that comes up on the left hand side of the screen, gets cut off? Is there a way to fix the border?

rmt92

Well yeah but even then you need to think about when to use the shield; I can see how it'd be useful though, It's not as easy as Zarya's where it's just pop it and go.

I think I'll just never touch him unless I get really good at the game.

Man Tracer is unbelievably fun in the weekly brawl. Her blink is pretty much always up, all you're doing is just popping out and nothing can hit you.

I'll have to try her next time. Love characters with dashes. I wonder if widow's grapple us up as much. Would love to spiderman around maps.

People who are the last to choose a hero and go offense or defense when we're missing a tank or support are the worst. Think I won 4/15 games tonight. One of my friends pretty much only went Widowmaker or McCree regardless of team comp wanted to scream at him over chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom