• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
It's one of his best utilities. if you use detonate instantly after throwing you can get yourself out of the range of close range chars like winston and mei.

I honestly don't understand why that doesn't damage him yet Pharah's rocketjump damages her

I tried him out for the first time tonight and he does seem OP at first, but the kind of people I'm playing against right now seem to think "stand in the line of fire" and trade shots is a viable strategy against turret Bastion.

right, he's like Sentinel from Marvel vs Capcom 3. Against obvious people who aren't good, its like "wow this robot is OP". A few months later, nobody serious plays him cuz he's a big liablity that everybody counters. Genji beats him. Widowmaker beats him. Pharah, Winston, Junkrat, Reinhardt beats him, F R E E.

Zackat

How fast do credits stack up? I wasn't paying attention during post-match screens, but is there a set amount you earn per match or is it only from loot boxes?

loot boxes can drop coins, and you also auto-"disenchant" items you already own for coins. That's it, for now at least.

Gilby

I really love the environments and animations, but MAN some of the characters designs feel weird or out of place. I've never been a fan of blizzard characters though, and I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, so I should just let it go.

Haines

Banned
Soldier76 is fine man; not lame at all. I like the fact that 'ordinary joe bloggs soldier' actually sticks out a bit in a game like this because everyone else is so fantastical.

I would recommend changing your hero depending on how the game is going, though.

I plan on doing that once I have a few people learned. Right now I don't even really know any characters.

I feel like soldier is pretty easy to understand but mastering making the most of his abilities is actually a challenge. I missed many missile shots.

Is there someone that throws nades or something. I love nades in games.

valeo

I think it will be fine. The salty folks won't stick around for super long.
then again I hope I'm not wrong

Very true. Same thing happened with TF2. Lots of salt to begin with, then the community was just left the with the cool kids.

I plan on doing that once I have a few people learned. Right now I don't even really know any characters.

I feel like soldier is pretty easy to understand but mastering making the most of his abilities is actually a challenge. I missed many missile shots.

Junkrat has a grenade launcher.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Played 18 games.

Won 8. I feel like I played a critical "clutch" component on like four of those.

Was in the "Top 4" or whatever where you can vote on best player almost every game. That felt good.

Played most Mercy and Reinert (however you spell it).

Level 8, now. Got shit in my loot crate.

Got one POTG:

VIXU8P9.gif

Having a blast!

jediyoshi

I honestly don't understand why that doesn't damage him yet Pharah's rocketjump damages her

You mean logically or mechanically? Junkrat's mine is meant to also be a device for movement. Pharah's self rocket damage is meant to dissuade sloppy close encounters because it's her main weapon. You can "rocketjump" with her E in any case.

So ive just woke up an how them servers at launch

They came up about 17 minutes late, they've been fine ever since.

Junkrat is demoman from TF2, so he has a grenade launcher.

Nowy

Just finished a 5 hour marathon of this with some friends. Man this game is so good. Even made a new friend in matchmaking!

It's because he's overpowered as fuck, yet all people want to do is stick their fingers in the ears and say "counter" over and over.

Give it a month or two when he's still doing the same garbage and maybe Blizzard will finally do something about it.

You can teleport on top of Bastion as Reaper and two shot him.

Genji's reflect lasts more than long enough to reflect and kill Bastion.

Roadhog can rip him out of turret mode.

Junkrat can lob three explosives out of line of sight and kill Bastion.

Reinhardt can charge into him while he reloads.

Widowmaker can sit out of Bastion's effective range two shot him.

Hanzo can one shot him in a corner with splintering arrow.

The list goes on and on.

Almost all these Bastions running around right now don't even move. It would be one thing if they're constantly shifting modes to get better angles to surprise people, but they aren't.

Daft Punk

Banned
Bastion is considered one of the weakest character in professional scrims, fam. Hes only good in public servers month 1 when most dudes on your team dont know how to play the game and pick Trace and Soldier 76 on instinct, running into bullets and wondering what happen. He's so easy to counter that basically nobody plays him above mid-tier play.

Professional scrims for a beta? Hmm.

Zackat

Played 18 games.

Won 8. I feel like I played a critical "clutch" component on like four of those.

Was in the "Top 4" or whatever where you can vote on best player almost every game. That felt good.

Played most Mercy and Reinert (however you spell it).

Level 8, now. Got shit in my loot crate.

Got one POTG:

VIXU8P9.gif

Having a blast!

You bought in blindly without the beta too IIRC right? Glad you are having a good time.

Are you actually using your rockets to jump, Quake style? Cuz that's not how you do that. She has an ability that launches her into the air, and can use concussive blast in a pinch.

Why? They literally mean nothing. It's not like you have to do anything special to earn them. It's all luck.

It's not ALL luck. It's more persistence. Getting firefighter mei the first day is luck. But if there's a legendary skin you really really want, you can buy it soon enough. Keeping cosmetics at a less than lightning pace makes you appreciate each more, and improves the longevity boost they bring to the game for people who like to collect these sorts of things.

Nekrono

You'd think "Finding players" or empty matches would be the least of the game's problems.

This is getting annoying, have to back out every single time or otherwise it's endless skirmish.

Afrodium

Banned
I'll try junkrat tmrw. Do people like him much? Pretty sure he was the suicide wheel thing killed me a few times.

Junkrat at is the fucking best. Just hurl grenades at everyone and anything. Throw a spike trap on the ground with a mine next to it and detonate when triggered for an easy kill. Use mines to launch yourself across the map to get to the objective from the spawn. Throw mines at enemies and detonate instantly when it looks like you're about to lose a gunfight.

Junkrat is life man

The aiming feels a little less responsive than it did in the beta. I'm on the PS4 version. Anyone else notice this? The menus are still unresponsive but they were the same in the beta. The aiming was spot on in beta but it feels off now like there's input lag. No, I haven't changed my TV.

Game is like crack. I can't stop playing. Playing support is fun. Watching the whole team come together using all their powers to take an objective is really fun.

DNAbro

The aiming feels a little less responsive than it did in the beta. I'm on the PS4 version. Anyone else notice this? The menus are still unresponsive but they were the same in the beta. The aiming was spot on in beta but it feels off now like there's input lag. No, I haven't changed my TV.

haven't noticed anything

I'll try junkrat tmrw. Do people like him much? Pretty sure he was the suicide wheel thing killed me a few times.

Hes such a great defensive character. He can lock down objectives real easy, or make chokepoints a real meatgrinder between his bombs and the traps. And he's got high mobility mine that lets him escape situations, get a lot of mobility, or even just push enemies away from you.

I think he's top 3 in the game, along with McCree and Genji

marrec

Banned
I don't know man, there's a scary amount of obnoxious "get gud" posts.

For every 5 "Get gud" posts there is a post like this:

You can teleport on top of Bastion as Reaper and two shot him.

Genji's reflect lasts more than long enough to reflect and kill Bastion.

Roadhog can rip him out of turret mode.

Junkrat can lob three explosives out of line of sight and kill Bastion.

Reinhardt can charge into him while he reloads.

Widowmaker can sit out of Bastion's effective range two shot him.

Hanzo can one shot him in a corner with splintering arrow.

The list goes on and on.

Almost all these Bastions running around right now don't even move. It would be one thing if they're constantly shifting modes to get better angles to surprise people, but they aren't.

A much better ratio than any other competitive game on GAF imo

Mei might be my main so far. Her ice walls can really save a team wheb overwhelmed with gunfire, her freezing is a little op, nice ice shots and she can heal herself. Was not expecting her to be this good!

Haines

Banned
Junkrat at is the fucking best. Just hurl grenades at everyone and anything. Throw a spike trap on the ground with a mine next to it and detonate when triggered for an easy kill. Use mines to launch yourself across the map to get to the objective from the spawn. Throw mines at enemies and detonate instantly when it looks like you're about to lose a gunfight.

Junkrat is life man

Well shit. That sounds fun as hell.

And he has a pretty kick ass name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom