• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would ever buy loot crates?
I said as I paid $40 within the first three hours of playing

Got some decent stuff at least and about 1700 gold.
Me too, I got Ifrit Zenyatta, joker Junkrat, Vikram Zarya, all white McCree, alien logo Lucio and more skins and I am sitting at 1850 gold, feel like buying that awesome Hanzo wolf skin.

N° 2048

I love this game, everything is just so fun. Even when losing I'm still having a blast.

Pretty much. So much fun. I like people like you.
This and Rocket League. I could lose 20 times in a row and still have tons of fun.

I don't get paid to win rofl why stress out?

Question: I am thinking about buying Overwatch but am a bit unsure how region-locks work/exist in Battle.net. I am currently in Europe but will soon return and play in Asia.
If I buy a retail-version of the game here would I have any disadvantage? Would I be missing languages?
What if I buy on Battle.net while being here? Would I be missing out on anything? Are game-keys sold online global keys?

You can select both language for both text and spoken language separately from the battlnet launcher. (options -> game settings)

SeanR1221

Why was that update 10gb 😂😂😂

Anyway I'm loving what I played last night. Movement speed is definitely an adjustment from playing modern FPS but classes would be broken if everyone could sprint/move fast.

I was doing surprisingly well with Genji

I think the absolute best part is how assists and kills are lumped together as eliminations. It helps keep the player motivated to do the objective over raising a KD

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Blows my mind that this game runs on my old ass graphic card GTX 580 at 70fps on everything high.

I was so on the fence on this one. I have been playing everything on PS4 recently but a ton of my friends and GAF/Twitter buddies were buying this for PC so I tried the beta. Meh, didn't really click with me but one thing stood out, the character designs. My roommate loved the beta and I enjoyed watching him play at least, so I figured I would leave it at that.

Fast forward to yesterday when I started looking at the game again, buying into the hype, watching the animated shorts. Later on that night I watched some videos on beta impressions and then bought the Origins edition and booted it up. I had a utter blast with this game, I am only scratching the surface but I so far Pharah is my favorite and tonight after work I plan to spend some time in single player messing with different classes so I have a few options to help my team out. Especially want to learn a healer class, more than likely Mercy.

This game man, it's just fun. Even when I am losing it's just fun. The colors, the characters, the voices, everything...it's just so polished.

Blows my mind that this game runs on my old ass graphic card GTX 580 at 70fps on everything high.

I was shocked it pushed everything to Ultra on my old 660 TI and it still looks and runs great. Bumped a few things up to Epic and it's still running great. So good.

deoee

So much "Lore" and "plot"

r17XBig.png

Ryan_MSF

Game arrives, super excited raring to go then all of a sudden - 9gb day one patch. I love modern day gaming so much.
/s

I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of the (amazon excl.) Origins edition! I was expecting to get the coin/badge just separately next to the game, not as a rather swish looking boxed set!

And yes, that is a Master Chief figure sitting on a miniature toilet

Ark

No legendary skins. Level 9. Salty.

I bought 60 loot boxes and I got about four or five legendary skins in total. Not even mad, because I got B.VA and Thunderbird & Raindancer Pharah :D

God damn this game is fun, although I'm done with buying loot crates for now.

Anson225

Does anyone have Lucio tips? Only support I feel like I am contributing when I play them is Mercy and the medidating dude.

keep the player count that you are healing/boosting as high as possible since he's AOE
don't be afraid to use E (faster heal/boost) frequently as you don't know when the damage will come
Push back is quite useful especially against genji ult and roadhog combo, but in general it can always disorientate the enemies

tgl3

Neo Member
Played 4 games in a 6 man party. Lost all 4 in overtime at the last point. Never had so much fun when losing. Can't wait for more after work!

Afrodium

Banned
Does anyone have Lucio tips? Only support I feel like I am contributing when I play them is Mercy and the medidating dude.

Make sure the you have a line of sight to the majority of your team. You don't need to be looking at them, but there needs to be no obstructions between you and any teammate you want to heal/speed up. The icon in the middle of the screen will tell you how many teammates you're currently buffing. I tend to stick to healing and just use the speed boost when leaving the spawn point or if I need to get out of a firefight. If you stick near your team, boost the healing during a skirmish, and use the ult around your team when the enemies are making a big push you'll be a good Lucio.

Mupod

My friend spent...a lot of money on loot boxes. He's the type to gleefully pay to win in any F2P game but I don't get why I'd mess with the only progression mechanic this game has.

Outside of our party leaders randomly being disconnected for an hour-ish, and the 15 or so minute start delay, the game ran great for me all night. Blizzard and other game companies catch shit for weeks or years after the fact when a game launch goes poorly - I doubt they'll get the proportionate amount of praise for a smooth launch of this scale. But something needs to be said.

So much "Lore" and "plot"

Backstory.

Make sure the you have a line of sight to the majority of your team. You don't need to be looking at them, but there needs to be no obstructions between you and any teammate you want to heal/speed up. The icon in the middle of the screen will tell you how many teammates you're currently buffing. I tend to stick to healing and just use the speed boost when leaving the spawn point or if I need to get out of a firefight. If you stick near your team, boost the healing during a skirmish, and use the ult around your team when the enemies are making a big push you'll be a good Lucio.

Oh cool I'll be sure to look out for the icon more

Lucio is great as a "transporter" of sorts, getting people from spawn to fight super quick. Any time a bunch of people wipe I'll run back to the spawn point to meet them and speed boost the team back; it's like playing Symmetra except Lucio can do this every 10 seconds.

How the hell is Mei balanced?

I can understand her offense and her ability to fuck up positioning being so damn good.

But why in the hell does she also have the option to just go invulnerable for like 4 seconds and heal herself up?

Also Reaper:
Why is he allowed to pick up health kits when he's in his ghost/floaty form?

Also Mercy:
Why does she even have highlight intros? You're never ever ever going to see a Mercy highlight ever.

My first ever play of the game was with her.

Used my ult right as 4 of my teamates went down at capture point B. Revived all 4 and even got a double kill. It was pretty fucking awesome.

bananas

Banned
So that weekly mode is totally fucked with Lucio. Like two people on our team were him last night and our entire team was practically invincible.

Mupod

I obviously haven't even looked at this thread much since I was able to play the game, but have people noticed any major changes to the game? I haven't seen patch notes.

One thing is the kill feed is turned on by default. My friends were all commenting on it and didn't believe me when I said it'd been in the game for a while. So obviously they patched *something*.

I swear there's new posters on Hanamura. Most of them featuring a girl with sunglasses.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
so great to win if you think you have already lost. enemy was like 5 meters aways from delivering and we kept them at bay for 3 minutes :D we had a great heal who got the play of the game as mercy.

Misha

Banned
I'm surprised how many characters I'm starting to find comfortable. I really don't mind switching between characters depending on team composition. Really I enjoy it and it gives me a chance to play characters I wouldn't normally choose (otherwise it would just be lucio and d.va all day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom