• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I support and encourage all of you guys buying lootboxes so I don't have to.

It's good for the game, Blizzard will be able to justify pumping out free content if they're making a fortune from crates. As long as they stick to cosmetics that aren't locked behind a paywall I'm perfectly happy.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It's good for the game, Blizzard will be able to justify pumping out free content if they're making a fortune from crates. As long as they stick to cosmetics that aren't locked behind a paywall I'm perfectly happy.

Same. I mentioned yesterday that it reminds me of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer system, where people bought booster packs that provided benefits and unlocks. That in turn funded free maps and characters, which avoided splitting the userbase and resulted in a steady stream of content.

It's a good system.

Fliesen

Blizzard are geniuses.

Amongst all the characters in the game, there are maybe 2 that i do not enjoy playing.

Making all the heroes fun to play is so essential to encourage players to switch to a more useful hero if the current situation requires.

Opening day was pretty good already. I was sure I would take a while to get the 'rez 4+ people as Mercy' achievement but I got it within my first couple games already. I think that the cute Mercy spray is my favorite Mercy spray. Also I ran into the worst map/team combo I've seen since I was playing in beta. Two reinhardts protecting two bastions and a lucio in the little alcove near the first capture point on Volskaya. It felt pretty obvious to me that the combo was beatable, but not with the kind of teamwork you tend to see in groups of 6 random players :(

Interfectum

Same. I mentioned yesterday that it reminds me of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer system, where people bought booster packs that provided benefits and unlocks. That in turn funded free maps and characters, which avoided splitting the userbase and resulted in a steady stream of content.

It's a good system.

GTA Online is sort of like that too. Everyone gets free content updates while some buy the Rockstar cash for in-game stuff. It works.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard are geniuses.

Amongst all the characters in the game, there are maybe 2 that i do not enjoy playing.

Making all the heroes fun to play is so essential to encourage players to switch to a more useful hero if the current situation requires.

Good luck getting most PUGs to switch heroes mid-game though.

AEREC

Any idea how to get this game to run at a steady 60...the in-game FPS counter flickers between 59\60. I also get a minor micro-stutter from this.

In comparison Doom in-game fps counter stays at 60 (aside from minor dips) and the game feels smooth.

Fliesen

Good luck getting most PUGs to switch heroes mid-game though.

i've already seen many more switchers, even in PUG games than i've seen in any comparable game.
Of course it's not perfect, but Blizzard did a damn fine job encouraging switching by making most heroes fun to play and rather versatile.

Well, at least one of the trophies is borked. Hopefully they'll fix it.

Last night I got a quad-kill using D.va's self destruct and nothing unlocked, including the graffiti, which is disappointing. But I have unlocked others and most are showing on tracking sites as unlockable so they could just be finicky.

vypek

Nope. I could have been on the wrong mode but I don't think so. We defended and they didn't capture even the first objective.

And there's no way it would be at 0% after 12 hours?
Yeah that's true. Guess it's glitched. Probably fixed soon if people are reporting it

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
look at this fucking lucky bastard.

1 lootbox, 2(!!!) legendary skins.

CjN5-PaWgAEVswc.jpg:large

nbraun80

haven't read too much in this thread, but does anyone know a good way to deal with cheese strats? Was probably the most frustrated I've been with a video game being spawn camped by 5 of the turrent builder guys. Which also makes me wonder why on earth can you have 2 of the same character on the same team, let alone 5.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
i've already seen many more switchers, even in PUG games than i've seen in any comparable game.
Of course it's not perfect, but Blizzard did a damn fine job encouraging switching by making most heroes fun to play and rather versatile.

Maybe it's better in the paid game than in closed/open beta. I won't be able to play until July so alas I don't know. I do know that in the beta it was near impossible to get people to switch.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
haven't read too much in this thread, but does anyone know a good way to deal with cheese strats? Was probably the most frustrated I've been with a video game being spawn camped by 5 of the turrent builder guys. Which also makes me wonder why on earth can you have 2 of the same character on the same team, let alone 5.

Take them out from a distance. Torbjorn's turrets have a max range. Widowmaker, Hanzo, Pharah are all good options. If they're clumped together then Pharah or Junkrat will be able to take out quite a few at once.

Thewonandonly

Blizzard are geniuses.

Yup that's easily the best thing about the game. I don't like playing as Lucio and widow maker. Everyone else I have a blast playing even meele characters and I usually hate them. Sadly I can't play the full game until saterda when I get home from my family trip :(

Interfectum

The game plays so well on PS4. Good loading times, game performance, etc. Feels good on a controller too. Blizzard really nailed it here.

Mupod

While I can play almost every character I tend to get stubborn about switching. I've been trying to fix that lately. Last night we were getting completely owned by a Widow/Soldier combo that was killing everyone on Numbani. Swapped to Reinhardt and utterly nullified them for the rest of the game, turned the tide so fast it was crazy. They actually lost ground after I swapped.

so ... no Sombra?

I mentioned this on the last page but am I crazy or are there new posters of a female character on Hanamura? Doesn't look anything like the Sombra images we've seen though.

Switch characters. I've seen all-Torbjorn teams a couple times. I call those '45 eliminations and 16k damage as Zarya' rounds.

Wow, this thread is still going strong (not surprised though).

Was anyone else tempted to call in sick today to play this game. I never had a FPS game get me this hooked ever..not even SW battlefront did that.

Klyka

Banned
Loving the game like in the beta.

Only thing that is so, SO boring to play against are Widowmakers and the 8/10 aimbot like players they always are.

Sigh,just sooooooo boring to get perfectly headshot the moment you round a corner or even show a single pixel anywhere near them.

Medicated

Neo Member
I was definitely on the fence about this game seeing how I am usually not big on MP only games, but this game is fantastic. Stayed up most the night playing it so I am regretting it while sitting at work. Running a tank or healer is my go to for sure Zenyatta is a beast if you have a good team distracting everyone

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Loving the game like in the beta.

Only thing that is so, SO boring to play against are Widowmakers and the 8/10 aimbot like players they always are.

Sigh,just sooooooo boring to get perfectly headshot the moment you round a corner or even show a single pixel anywhere near them.

That's what Winston is for.

Fliesen

Yup that's easily the best thing about the game. I don't like playing as Lucio and widow maker. Everyone else I have a blast playing even meele characters and I usually hate them. Sadly I can't play the full game until saterda when I get home from my family trip :(

i don't enjoy playing as Lucio, per se. I do enjoy listening to Lucio, though :)

Did heroes get new skins after the beta? I might pick this up at the end of the month but not now.

Also is there a game mode that does not allow groups and people have to go in solo?

akileese

So are people buying loot boxes already? I would have thought it would take a few weeks/months before those purchases got going, but seems like people are already diving in...

I haven't just yet but I definitely considered picking up the 4.99 pack. At the same time, I'm only level 5 so I figure I'll wait it out and see what skins/emotes I get. The pricing isn't bad though and if this is the sort of stuff they're gonna sell I'm okay with it.

I feel like it may be more beneficial to buy them early on when you have a low number of items to minimize the amount of duplicates you get.

Ayumi

I've only played like 20 minutes but already feel I'm so terrible at it. But I did enjoy it, I just can't seem to get comfortable with any character yet. D:

But regardless, I will do my best! ٩(`・ω・´)وファイト!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom