• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

Anyone getting random FPS drops during the gameplay and hero select screen?
I feel like performance was better for me in the beta compared to this version on the same setting. And i don't see anything new added to the graphics settings. I installed latest AMD drivers yesterday.

Weird.

Feltrol

Banned
Pretty much. So much fun. I like people like you.

image.php

Cade

Why did they have to make the brawl Arcade again? God, it's awful.

Mystery heroes is at least sort of interesting, but I was hoping for one of the more wild ones.

Tracer in close quarters can melt you and is impossible to get a bead on, Mei's ult, Bastion in general, the girl that can spam Rockets, D. Va's ult, McCree feels unplayable.

Tracer is squishy as hell, you just need to learn what she can and can't do in order to play against her effectively (or in the worst case scenario you can run to a safer location). For instance, she disappears completely when she recalls, so when that happens just think back to where she was three seconds ago. When it comes to her blinking, there's a flash of light that tells you where she blinked to.

Mei's ultimate can be avoided with many mobile heroes (Genji, Tracer, D. Va, McCree, Soldier, Pharah, Winston, and a few others all have the capability of escaping it before it's too late). Plus you can just walk out if you're near the edge.

Bastion is extremely weak and probably one of the worst heroes when playing in a high skill bracket. He's remarkably easy to shut down after you start to figure him out.

Pharah can be hooked by Roadhog and her rockets cannot penetrate shields. Her ultimate is a bit powerful, but a good sniper can make quick work of her.

D. Va's ultimate, while powerful, cannot kill you if you're behind some sort of obstruction. However, keep in mind that good D. Va players will probably send the Mech flying forward/up in order to decrease the time you have to react.

McCree is built around the flash bang, fan the hammer, roll, fan the hammer combo. He can destroy anyone in a 1v1, but struggles to take on multiple people and is severely less effective if his flash bang misses.

akileese

I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of the (amazon excl.) Origins edition! I was expecting to get the coin/badge just separately next to the game, not as a rather swish looking boxed set!

And yes, that is a Master Chief figure sitting on a miniature toilet

I almost dropped my CE picking it up because I figured Amazon (as they always do) just hilariously overpackaged it to be safe. Boy was I wrong! This is the nicest looking CE Blizzard has ever put out. The artbook being soft with a slipcover is a great aesthetic choice and I love everything about it.

The game is pretty damn awesome too.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So are people buying loot boxes already? I would have thought it would take a few weeks/months before those purchases got going, but seems like people are already diving in...

Mupod

So are people buying loot boxes already? I would have thought it would take a few weeks/months before those purchases got going, but seems like people are already diving in...

In the 5 man group I was running last night 3 of them were buying loot boxes. Two of them spent at least 40, dunno how many the other guy got.

I almost dropped my CE picking it up because I figured Amazon (as they always do) just hilariously overpackaged it to be safe. Boy was I wrong! This is the nicest looking CE Blizzard has ever put out. The artbook being soft with a slipcover is a great aesthetic choice and I love everything about it.

The game is pretty damn awesome too.

Yea, it seemed very nice from the various youtube vids. I probably would have gone for one myself if the statue weren't of S76, I just don't find him all that interesting sadly (Quite fun to play though)

I miss the mode in the beta that made your next hero a random pick on death.

It was such a cool way to play characters I normally wouldn't due to my playstyle preferences and really highlighted the need for team interaction.

Brawl is fun as hell, though. Skill spams everywhere.

raviolico

Anyone getting random FPS drops during the gameplay and hero select screen?
I feel like performance was better for me in the beta compared to this version on the same setting. And i don't see anything new added to the graphics settings. I installed latest AMD drivers yesterday.

Weird.

Yep, same here. 970GTX. Small drops in hero selection. The beta ran flawless.

vypek

It was such a cool way to play characters I normally wouldn't due to my playstyle preferences and really highlighted the need for team interaction.

That was Mystery Hero. Loved that people couldn't stay with just who they picked the whole match. Seems like people aren't used to the idea of counter picking.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm checking out Overwatch streams (since I can't play this game until July), and man some people are already at level 20?? The game has been live just a little over 12 hours, have they been playing non-stop since the game launched?

Also Overwatch still has more viewers than LoL. I wonder if it will be able to maintain this interest in the long run.

Interfectum

I'm checking out Overwatch streams (since I can't play this game until July), and man some people are already at level 20?? The game has been live just a little over 12 hours, have they been playing non-stop since the game launched?

Also Overwatch still has more viewers than LoL. I wonder if it will be able to maintain this interest in the long run.

Probably not LoL level interest, no... but I bet it remains relevant on Twitch for quite some time. Honestly it depends on how Blizzard maintains post-launch updates.

Mupod

Hot damn, son.

Well, guess we're getting new maps and heroes sooner than we thought. :)

Funny, that's what Destiny-gaf said when everyone was buying the Thriller dance...

I found that mode a bit annoying even as someone who likes playing every character. It was VERY skewed towards defense, as attackers die more often as a rule. They'd start getting characters like Widow, Bastion, Torb and you'd end up with Symmetra or something.

It was funny getting Soldier 76 in that mode though. I typically go on a rampage every time I play that guy and it was even more ridiculous against people unused to their characters. I should really use him more. Played him once last night and went on a massive kill streak + POTG (which is very hard when playing with my friend who is extremely good at McCree).

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Funny, that's what Destiny-gaf said when everyone was buying the Thriller dance...

I found that mode a bit annoying even as someone who likes playing every character. It was VERY skewed towards defense, as attackers die more often as a rule. They'd start getting characters like Widow, Bastion, Torb and you'd end up with Symmetra or something.

It was funny getting Soldier 76 in that mode though. I typically go on a rampage every time I play that guy and it was even more ridiculous against people unused to their characters. I should really use him more. Played him once last night and went on a massive kill streak + POTG (which is very hard when playing with my friend who is extremely good at McCree).

Soldier: 76 is great. I started playing him during the open beta (never really touched him in closed beta) and he can really put out the hurt. Flanking the objective with his ult is incredibly effective, especially if you've got a bunch of high mobility heroes trying to stall it. Plus he can just put out some serious and consistent DPS from a distance.

I've spent 120 bucks already lol.

IN ADDITION TO $60 ON THE GAME??!!

Is it possible to leave a match with my group? Loving the game but it's kind of annoying to have to leave manually and rebuild the group every time we want to back out.

Misha

Banned
Is it possible to leave a match with my group? Loving the game but it's kind of annoying to have to leave manually and rebuild the group every time we want to back out.
Idk about console but when you leave a game when you're in a group on October it gives you a checkbox to have the entire group leave

Maybe it's only group leader though?

Baleoce

because of Lucios passive heals if you're always making sure to be near at least 3 people you build Q so fast. The right click is so damn nice for crowd control too. I use that hold to crossfade option as well to make sure I have more heal uptime. Such a satisfying character especially on things like payloads and capture points.

Yea, it's one of the options but it isn't the default (I assume so that you don't force a group of people out of a game by default). Can't remember exactly where the option is, but it is in there somewhere.

vanty

My loot box from hitting level 4 gave me Junkrat's Jester skin. What a shame you can't cash it in or trade for something equal since I'll almost never use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom