• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would ever buy loot crates?
I said as I paid $40 within the first three hours of playing

Got some decent stuff at least and about 1700 gold.

>picks hero before anyone else
>everyone is picking their hero
>guy picks the hero I picked

vjGXdGz.gif

It's okay. Stand firm. Keep your guy. Worst thing that could possibly happen is everyone picks the hero you picked. And even then, it'll be okay. It'll just be a funny round.

Kyonashi

My Origins Edition just arrived from Amazon UK - it's crazy, wasn't expecting a box this big. Totally makes up for the fact I haven't even got to play it yet, I was even on holiday during the open beta...

Some pics:

When you're losing and you see your team, in an attempt to change the tide of battle, just swap between every Offensive (and only Offensive) hero available.

It hurts.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
My Origins Edition just arrived from Amazon UK - it's crazy, wasn't expecting a box this big. Totally makes up for the fact I haven't even got to play it yet, I was even on holiday during the open beta...

Some pics:

wtf that's how the origins edition looks like in the UK? daaaamn.

Some pics:

I nearly went with this version but I wanted the digital copy last night, it looks nice.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Well, I bought the game for PS4 and I'm already regretting not going PC. Not that it is bad on PS4, it just feels so much smoother to play with a kb/m.

How the hell is Mei balanced?

I can understand her offense and her ability to fuck up positioning being so damn good.

But why in the hell does she also have the option to just go invulnerable for like 4 seconds and heal herself up?

Also Reaper:
Why is he allowed to pick up health kits when he's in his ghost/floaty form?

Also Mercy:
Why does she even have highlight intros? You're never ever ever going to see a Mercy highlight ever.

Lren

The one thing that I enjoy about coop matches at the very least, I can play any hero I want (which is usually 76) and still just have some good ol' fashioned fun. I can't force myself to stubbornly stick to one hero, even if I do happen to select them first or just feel really good with them, as I do want balance out a team comp which usually means playing Lucio or more shockingly, Torb at the moment.

Ambitious

So, it sounds like this game is pretty good, eh?
As I'm getting really tired of Battlefront, I'm now looking for a new go-to game, something I can play for like an hour late in the evening when I don't feel like playing anything with a story. Unfortunately, I missed the beta, but what from I heard so far, the game might be right up my alley. Gonna watch a few gameplay videos.

m4st4

The one thing that I enjoy about coop matches at the very least, I can play any hero I want (which is usually 76) and still just have some good ol' fashioned fun. I can't force myself to stubbornly stick to one hero, even if I do happen to select them first or just feel really good with them, as I do want balance out a team comp which usually means playing Lucio or more shockingly, Torb at the moment.

If someone picks the same hero as me I usually switch to Reintheardt or Symmetra, in a team where people pick same heroes there's no defense/support - general rule.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Watching streamers you follow that normally play other genres hop onto Overwatch is the best.
Gotta get in on the gold rush!

I know Lirik couldn't stop talking about OW after the beta closed down. Quite cool to see multiple streamers go together and play a few rounds of OW constantly.

Shifty

I've been having average luck with loot boxes. Got two legendaries during the beta, but the best I've managed to score so far in the release version is an epic (that's the name of blue things in Blizzard land, right?)

Hah, stopped a Hanzo ult with D.va's Defense Matrix. Didn't know you could do that.

Whattttt

D.va is now my favourite.

MMaRsu

GOING TO PICK UP THE GAME NOW ADD ME ON PS4 MMARSU OWWWW YEAH BABY LETS DO THIS

HYPE HYPE

Also dont forget on PS4 we have a community you can join, see all the parties and games going on right then and there.

Its called Overwatch Gaf Squad. Feel free to join! Anyones welcome in the community

Lren

If someone picks the same hero as me I usually switch to Reintheardt or Symmetra, in a team where people pick same heroes there's no defense/support - general rule.

Yeah, that's usually the case. 76 and Hanzo are my preferences but I prefer to think of the team as a whole versus myself. Got a few friends hopping on tonight after work so will be using that chance to play a bit more of what I want. Not to say I don't love playing Lucio or Torb, far from it, but when it becomes the -only- characters I play because of the lack of defense or support, it becomes just a bit tiring.

Mupod

You jerks and your epic/legendary skins in your first few loot boxes. ;(

(Grats)

I never play D-Va, and my friend only plays D-Va (we usually queue together). Her Junker skin is his most wanted thing. Of course I pull one of those in my second box. If the beta was any indication I won't find anything else for another 30 levels.

Hasney

Try this Destiny trick (I assume you're talking about PS4) - run the game on your main account and log in > switch to the US account > buy from the US store.

Might work, going to try it myself after I get home.

Didn't work. I assume it's like FIFA Points where it's a server side unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom