• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's usually the case. 76 and Hanzo are my preferences but I prefer to think of the team as a whole versus myself. Got a few friends hopping on tonight after work so will be using that chance to play a bit more of what I want. Not to say I don't love playing Lucio or Torb, far from it, but when it becomes the -only- characters I play because of the lack of defense or support, it becomes just a bit tiring.

I love playing as D.VA but if the team has enough tanks..I try to switch and use Tracer or Mei.
Only thing I can't do is healing. I'm just not good enough at that >>

NeoRaider

Can i add this game to Steam? And start it from there?
I can add the shortcut but it only opens battle.net, and i need to press play in battle.net to start the game. Thanks

Boogdud

How the hell is Mei balanced?

I can understand her offense and her ability to fuck up positioning being so damn good.

But why in the hell does she also have the option to just go invulnerable for like 4 seconds and heal herself up?

She is literally the OG WoW Paladin of Overwatch. CC+Immunity+self heal, I wouldn't be shocked if they patched in a hearthstone so she could bubble hearth.

Manoko

The game desperately needs more content.
More game modes, more maps, and the ability to host our own servers with our own rules.

Also Mercy:
Why does she even have highlight intros? You're never ever ever going to see a Mercy highlight ever.

I barely play mercy, but last night playing her just for 1 section of 1 match, I got potg when I managed to revive my entire team. We still lost cause the payload was inches away from the end, but it was great. I've seen mercy potgs like that often.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
y'all have any more of that Overwatch?

man my irst session last night (this morning? lol), that sure was fun alright. No idea how long ill play this, I mean I burned out hard but to be fair I did play HotS for months, but its that feeling of "i already got my money's worth" and its been 1 session (one 7 hour sessions but still lol), which is very important for me these days when money is tight.

Its weird to qualify a game as just "fun", I mean what Is fun right? But its the best way I can describe it

Tecnniqe

Banned
The game desperately needs more content.
More game modes, more maps, and the ability to host our own servers with our own rules.
Custom match allows a good set of rules changes but I'm all for community driven servers as it allows for more than just rule changes

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Also Mercy:
Why does she even have highlight intros? You're never ever ever going to see a Mercy highlight ever.

You think getting a POTG with Mercy is hard? Try with the other supports. At least Mercy is almost guaranteed one if she can res 4+ teammates.
Seeing one with Lucio seems to be asking to the rest of the players to suck horribly, or you getting a lucky shot with the alt fire and pushing half the enemy team down a cliff.

valeo

Guys, getting a bug where it repeatedly tries to re-join a match but I never actually get to the character select screen.

Would appreciate any help if anyone has had a similar issue. It's basically a game-ender for me. I have never had this problem with Rocket League, CS:GO, TF2 etc.

One other thing I've noticed is that if I alt-tab to try and use Google Chrome/IE to get onto a webpage WHILE in the Overwatch game, it won't work (throws up a DNS error). BUT when I completely quit out of the game, it starts working again.

My PC is in the DMZ and I only have a software firewall (Windows). Everything Overwatch + Battle Net related is allowed through.

1. I play a game, works okay
  2. Match finishes, then tries to start another game
  3. Says 'Searching for game', then says it's connected
  4. Map screen comes up, says map name
  5. Then goes back to 'Searching for game', saying it's connected
  6. Gets stuck in that loop until I quit out
  7. I need to quit completely to desktop and then restart the game to get it to start working

Kinda sad right now; I have a leavers XP penalty for no reason :(

hohoXD123

Trying to play on an Intel HD 530, which is supposedly supported, but whenever I load it up I completely lose my display input and have to restart my PC. Is the graphics driver crashing or something?

Manoko

Custom match allows a good set of rules changes but I'm all for community driven servers as it allows for more than just rule changes

Right, that's what I meant.
I wish Overwatch had some kind of editor tools, imagine how creative the community would get, the current game is an amazing foundation.

StayDead

I wish Overwatch had some kind of editor tools, imagine how creative the community would get, the current game is an amazing foundation.

Considering the SC2 arcade and Blizzard's long and rich history with custom mapmaking, hopefully this will be something they release!

One of the things I like about Overwatch is that the game experience is relatively pure and predictable. Goofy community stuff tends to turn me off a lot of PC shooters; I jump on a server just trying to get a game, and there's some "hilarious," broken ruleset that everyone inexplicably loves.

I barely play mercy, but last night playing her just for 1 section of 1 match, I got potg when I managed to revive my entire team. We still lost cause the payload was inches away from the end, but it was great. I've seen mercy potgs like that often.

This is factually incorrect.

Heh, I saw two Mercy POTGs last night actually, both for her rez ult.

Seriously? Over 6 hours of Mercy play which includes many a team resurrection and even resurrections that led to like 3-4 kills and I never got a play of the game.

Well, at least I now know it's possible

Is there no in-game scoreboard? I can't figure out how to pull up a board with everyone in the game on it during a match (or after for that matter). Also how do you mute people? I'm on PS4.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
had to block the first player. feels bad ;_;

Is there no in-game scoreboard? I can't figure out how to pull up a board with everyone in the game on it during a match (or after for that matter). Also how do you mute people? I'm on PS4.

you can use TAB to see your team but no scoreboard to see the K/D of other players.

Manoko

One of the things I like about Overwatch is that the game experience is relatively pure and predictable. Goofy community stuff tends to turn me off a lot of PC shooters; I jump on a server just trying to get a game, and there's some "hilarious," broken ruleset that everyone inexplicably loves.

Then just play Quick Play, the content that is currently in the game.
One does not exclude the other.

Garou

Question: I am thinking about buying Overwatch but am a bit unsure how region-locks work/exist in Battle.net. I am currently in Europe but will soon return and play in Asia.
If I buy a retail-version of the game here would I have any disadvantage? Would I be missing languages?
What if I buy on Battle.net while being here? Would I be missing out on anything? Are game-keys sold online global keys?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
d.va has a good legendary skin?

scavengers looks good :D

Question: I am thinking about buying Overwatch but am a bit unsure how region-locks work/exist in Battle.net. I am currently in Europe but will soon return and play in Asia.
If I buy a retail-version of the game here would I have any disadvantage? Would I be missing languages?
What if I buy on Battle.net while being here? Would I be missing out on anything?

afaik there is nothing to worry about. you can switch your region for playing in the battle.net launcher

Kane1345

I love this game, everything is just so fun. Even when losing I'm still having a blast.

Barney-likes-you.gif

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Of course they are. But Blizzard probably made it easier to get cool stuff in beta because it was a short window for people to experience the game.

dunno about that. I got 7 skins in 12 loot boxes with 2 legendaries..in the Beta I got worse stuff.

without blizzard telling us, we will never know

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
forgot to rebind some keys last night and now it might be a pain to get used to the new bindings after that long ass session. Oh well ill try anyway

Spent an hour last night playing and had a great time. Going to hop on this morning for a while. Haven't had a game give me the "man this game is so much fun" smile in quite some time. Playing on PC, ShiftyChef#1638 if anyone feels like grouping up.

grimmiq

I've gotten 2 Legendary skins so far, Blackheardt and Comtesse (Widowmaker)

Most of my matches have been lopsided, either steamrolling or steamrolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom