• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

Does everyone get a speed boost around Lucio too?

As long as your speed song is on and their in your line of sight (not that your looking at them, they just can't be behind shit). There's a number in the center of the screen that tells you how many teammates are being healed/buffed, so keep on eye on that to see if you're doing a good job or if you need to move around to get more people effected.

Ambient80

FINALLY got a POTG with Zenyatta!!

Was playing KotH on that map with the big bell in the middle. Two Hanzos used their Ult at the same time and our team was gonna get crushed. Nope! Activated my ult and everyone lived through it and we won the match. It was lol.

Jb

To those of you who have purchased loot boxes. Did it seem like you got cooler stuff than in the free ones?

I had a couple of bucks left in my wallet so I got one to see for myself and no, I got pretty much the same stuff as with regular loot boxes (1 skin + some voice clips and sprays).

vypek

Damn, that is extremely useful. I have yet to see any Lucio players online! I'm going to start helping out with that on PS4 =)

Nearly half on my time is spent as Lucio because no one seems to like to play support. Its pretty easy to get on fire with him too since people get reckless but I just skate near to hell.

I'm about to re-map his jump when I play again so I can wall ride and get better mobility.

MUnited83

For you.
Is Lucio considered to be one of the best supports in the game? He seems really useful.
He's fucking awesome, my most played character so far. Can heal people directly, give them speed buffs, do these two in a AoE effect that also works on him, wallrunning that coupled with the speed buff can put you anywhere on the map and dodge most fire, as well as having alt fire that can throw people off cliffs. Oh, and his speed buff also speeds up the capturing of points.

He's so goooood. I've carried entire teams as him.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're in for a treat, that's all i gotta say.
:)

Didn't play the beta and I have read/watched very little so everything will be new to me. I will say that 21 heroes seems pretty overwhelming. Any suggestions on a good way to try everyone out to figure out who I like? Or are there some characters I should totally avoid as a newbie?

To those of you who have purchased loot boxes. Did it seem like you got cooler stuff than in the free ones?

Nah, in fact i got luckier with the free ones in the beta, got like 5 pink items from 13 or so loot boxes I unlocked, while I only got 2 out of the 10 boxes I bought.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I suck with Hanzo so much, cant hit anything lol

MajorMane

Speaking of Lucio, does his alt fire do damage or is it just a "get off me" move and a way to knock people off of cliffs?

It does some damage. I've gotten lots of kills with it.

Also one-shots Junkrat's tire, I think.

Nah, in fact i got luckier with the free ones in the beta, got like 5 pink items from 13 or so loot boxes I unlocked, while I only got 2 out of the 10 boxes I bought.

Honestly, felt like the drop rate was much better in the beta than now. But that could just be me.

finalflame

based on the Hanzos I've observed your problem may be that you're trying to actually aim instead of firing randomly and getting lucky.

Hanzo makes me angry about video games.

This makes me so salty. Also Junkrat's click2win bullshit grenades and his RIP-Tire.

This game makes me so salty. I love it.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I've seen complaints about the majority of characters in this game being overpowered.

For me, this is a good sign. When the characters are in the right hands and not being countered, they should be incredibly powerful. This is the same exact design philosophy as DOTA. Characters/heroes are incredibly strong at what they do, but can easily be shut down using the right strategies/picks. Rather than "everyone is equal" (the most common design philosophy), they went with "everyone is OP."

As long as your speed song is on and their in your line of sight (not that your looking at them, they just can't be behind shit). There's a number in the center of the screen that tells you how many teammates are being healed/buffed, so keep on eye on that to see if you're doing a good job or if you need to move around to get more people effected.

He's fucking awesome, my most played character so far. Can heal people directly, give them speed buffs, do these two in a AoE effect that also works on him, wallrunning that coupled with the speed buff can put you anywhere on the map and dodge most fire, as well as having alt fire that can throw people off cliffs. Oh, and his speed buff also speeds up the capturing of points.

He's so goooood. I've carried entire teams as him.

Very useful information! Thanks.

Hanzo POTG's are hilarious. "Nice Headshot. I don't know about that second one. Okay, that third one wasn't even close"

Exactly. Great aim guy... you deserve that stellar headshot that was 2 feet behind him and 3 feet too high. :/

Not saying Hanzo needs a nerf or buff... just maybe some tightening up?

Robin64

Are there skins that don't come up in the gallery? Or is what's there all we can hope to get?

The Origins Edition and pre-order Noire one aren't there without having them, are they? I expect there may be more that are unlocked by events and stuff that also don't show. But as for stuff from loot crates, what you see is what you (might) get.

vypek

Amazon just told me they are refunding me some money based on the lowest price the game was available for. :) Game cost me ~$39 now.

But seriously though, they're not trying to make the heroes balanced, they make them all OP with some specific tactic to counter one of them.

Afro

Triz

Dumb Lucio question incoming: When you have the healing up is it just an aura that heals, or do I need to press another button? Same goes for Speed boost. I like him but I know Im not using right.

jediyoshi

Dumb Lucio question incoming: When you have the healing up is it just an aura that heals, or do I need to press another button? Same goes for Speed boost. I like him but I know Im not using right.

It's passive. It happens automatically as long as they're a certain distance around you. The number in the center of the screen is how many people are being effected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom