• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overwatch gives me so many flashbacks to the early days of TF2 - when Engineers would just turtle up next to their turrets and folks hadn't quite figured out how powerful a good Spy was at countering them.
Haha, yep.

Even in TF2, I can understand staying by your turret a bit more, but here, there's really no excuse. Your shotgun is fantastic and your armor packets are invaluable!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Friendly reminder: Don't sit at your turret. Go and kill things with your shotgun, get scrap and distribute armor. It can make a huge difference.

By make a huge difference you mean "play the character correctly?" :p

So imma jump in when I get home...

Are there any other characters I should absolutely avoid as a new player? Is there any method to trying out lots of different characters to get a feel for them at first? 21 seems super overwhelming to me!

You can jump into the training grounds to read and get a feel for the heroes' abilities. Other than that, just pick a character that looks cool or any you think you'd enjoy playing and jump in to quick play.

So imma jump in when I get home...

Are there any other characters I should absolutely avoid as a new player? Is there any method to trying out lots of different characters to get a feel for them at first? 21 seems super overwhelming to me!

Jump on who you like, at a low level you're going to be matched with other people of low level who are going to be doing the same thing you're doing, trying a little bit of everything.

Zomba13

I don't feel like holding Blizzard responsible for people having no self control and spending inordinate amounts of money on loot boxes because they have an irrational need to own everything right away. I think the loot box system makes things more fun. If everyone could just shell out $5 to buy whatever skin they want, it would be much less exciting to me.

But Blizzard is responsible for implementing the gambling system. Just like Square Enix are or Valve or any other developer who sell boxes of random stuff

Heel

People really don't appreciate supports do they :(

In a 7 minute game I had 10K healing and I was on fire for 95% of it with my ults and stuff. Commends all go to the Pharah with 15 eliminations smh.

I dunno, I've seen great healers get recognized post-game. It just depends on the group, I guess.

Big Brett

If you feel compelled to complain to your team about how bad they are, do your best to not. You sound like a fucking crybaby. Jesus christ the game's not been out 18 hours and people keep bitching about "bad team." Not everyone played every beta.

wamberz1

His ult is still quite useful as a zoning tool in higher-level games. It only costs 50% of his charge and he can zone a team out for 6 seconds each time, which is quite good.
I would totally just use it to clear oppopnents of an objective, then cancel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you feel compelled to complain to your team about how bad they are, do your best to not. You sound like a fucking crybaby. Jesus christ the game's not been out 18 hours and people keep bitching about "bad team." Not everyone played every beta.

My favorite thing about that, in any game, is... dude you were on this team. That means you are also shit :p

And if you think you aren't, there are 5 others you are thinking they aren't also lol

Wanderer5

I hope people realize how important support is especially when attacking shortly. It makes a huge difference.

I gotta say though this game is something else when you have a two balanced teams.

I trying to see if I can get into Lucio, cause while I like Mercy, Lucio is more outgoing in ways, and I think I might end up liking him more.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
His ult is still quite useful as a zoning tool in higher-level games. It only costs 50% of his charge and he can zone a team out for 6 seconds each time, which is quite good.

You mean if you let the ult lapse without left clicking it only costs 50% of his ult meter? Iiiiiiiinteresting.

_Legacy_

People really don't appreciate supports do they :(

In a 7 minute game I had 10K healing and I was on fire for 95% of it with my ults and stuff. Commends all go to the Pharah with 15 eliminations smh.

It's true but you need to get over it, the best films don't always win the Oscars.

They did something with retail version of the game. :(

On some maps i am getting fps drops to 40. I am sure that it's not drivers issue. In beta i had stable 60fps.
Also i have some weird input lag, or i am not even sure what it is. For example with Soldier: 76 when i want to shoot or use the rockets it's like game doesn't even register it at all, and i have to click twice to start shooting.

Am i the only one? I never had these issues when i was playing the beta. :/

Frame rate is fine for me....but i had similar issues with 76 and Mei with the game not registering that i pulled the trigger....very frustrating...

Are ID's being swapped here? I am on PC and mine is: CyanideFuse#2838

I am going to try to play in the evenings where possible (UK - BST).

I am loving the game; had a rum-fuelled session this afternoon and only lost one game and that was a late arrival.

Edit: Doom cured me of my obsessive reloading issues and I am not sure I am happy about it...

I trying to see if I can get into Lucio, cause while I like Mercy, Lucio is more outgoing in ways, and I think I might end up liking him more.

I swap between Lucio/Mercy/Zen very often, sometimes in the middle of the game. Each is best in different situations but they all serve very well as support.

Zen is probably the 'worst' healer of the three but he brings serious damage and a debuffto the table.

If I see one more Reaper Q POTG...

I know it doesn't matter, but it's pretty much all I see.

My favorite play of the game so far.

Reaper: DIE DIE DIE! kills 5
Mercy: Heroes NEVER DIE!! 5 respawns.

we capped the zone and won but of course the POTG was officially reapers, lawlz.

Fliesen

just had an a-mei-zing moment with a perfect wall of ice / hook combo, catching a fleeing Mercy.

hclXLRDCOoKuA.gif

Is there any system to Mercy choosing to say her Ult quote ("Helden sterben nicht" / "Heroes never die") in German vs. English?

is there any way to tell whether it was OUR mercy who popped the ult or the enemy's?

Hey guys, if you see a Zenyatta glowing and in full tranquility it's ok to stand next to him. He's not going to hurt you, in fact, he'll do the exact opposite. Also you can use this opportunity to push while your all being healed. I don't know, just spitballin here.

But Blizzard is responsible for implementing the gambling system. Just like Square Enix are or Valve or any other developer who sell boxes of random stuff

And players are responsible for the money they spend in these systems. We're talking about player skins you can't even see most of the time here.

Whales are fully aware of what they are spending, and on what. You guys act as if developers have some moral obligation to make things "fair" to people who have no self control at considerable opportunity cost to themselves because some people have addictions to randomness.

Whales

Banned
Hey guys, if you see a Zenyatta glowing and in full tranquility it's ok to stand next to him. He's not going to hurt you, in fact, he'll do the exact opposite. Also you can use this opportunity to push while your all being healed. I don't know, just spitballin here.

but he scares me

just had an a-mei-zing moment with a perfect wall of ice / hook combo, catching a fleeing Mercy.

hclXLRDCOoKuA.gif

Is there any system to Mercy choosing to say her Ult quote ("Helden sterben nicht" / "Heroes never die") in German vs. English?

is there any way to tell whether it was OUR mercy who popped the ult or the enemy's?

Wow, well done.

Odrion

Banned
Zenyatta is practically a support class. Buff damage and snipe.

Edit: Defense class. Not support.

Nah, his healing spells are very potent and the debuff could be seen as another buff for your teammates. Everything about him aside from his basic attacks directly supports your team.

Symmetra though, she's a defense class. The shield buff is pretty weak, and that leaves her with... Her teleporter? Even then, her role isn't about running around on the front lines strengthening the rest of your team but instead fortifying a position... Which is a defense role...

hclXLRDCOoKuA.gif

Is there any system to Mercy doing her Ulti quote in German vs. English?

That was awesome. Something similar happened to me, only I was the Mercy and the Mei was on my team, leaving me to the wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom