• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish it would have a prompt on the screen at all times if your team buildup isn't set, meaning the "No support heroes" or "No tank heroes" messages. It would maybe motivate people to pick smartly.

Really I just want a prompt to tell me our support decided to switch to be a second Bastion while we're on attack. I don't pay enough attention to the character change messages.

This is a bit out there but don't suppose anyone bootcamped their Mac for this game?

I was contemplating doing it but not sure whether to as it would involve buying the game with no guarantee if it will work.

fhqwhgads

Who thought it was a good idea to put the Emote command in the Communication menu
I lost count of how many times I accidentally taunted when trying to say thanks

Who thought it was a good idea to put the Emote command in the Communication menu
I lost count of how many times I accidentally taunted when trying to say thanks

Yeah, I've accidentally asked for healing when I was trying to say my ultimate was full too many times as Zenyatta. I wish there was a 2-press system like Rocket League has

Ambient80

Hi, my name is Zenyatta and I know my glow looks intimidating but rest assure it's safe to stand near me when it happens.

LOL, right? I've had multiple Tracers at super low health blink right past me and get killed when my ult is being used. "I can heal you, I promise!" Sigh....

Bsigg12

when you get skins for players you don't play. why Blizz

Play everyone? Each character is pretty fun to use and the game encourages you to switch if the match isn't going your teams way (something a lot of people refuse to do even when they're constantly getting their teeth kicked in).

I feel like every team has a bastion or two. Only hero I've seen spammed. Not an issue for me just kinda boring and disappointing. It's like people think he's a rare pokemon or something.

Ambient80

how do you counter mei ? so annoying to play against

Even as Zen I rarely have issues with her. Throw on Discord orb and a few shots later she has either frozen herself or is dead, because almost every Mei player tried to freeze you rather than shoot. I rarely get frozen unless they flank me and catch me off guard.

ramyeon

I'm pretty terrible at this but I'm enjoying it. I've never really been into shooters or online games in general (Closest I get is Dark Souls PVP and Monster Hunter co-op) but this just drew me in with visuals and amazing cast.

I tend to experiment a lot of characters and will change it up depending how a round is going. May switch from Mercy to Tracer and then to Roadhog all in one round. That said, I feel like I'm at my best with Roadhog and Reaper. I want to be better with Zenyatta because he seems seriously unique to play as - both healing and dealing sometimes massive damage with his negative orbs. Also would like to be better with D.va and Mei.

I noticed how important team dynamics are early on. I was in a game with two guys who were voice chatting and playing for the first time from what they said on voice chat - they decided two both use Widowmaker because another person on our team was doing well with her. It was really counter intuitive and threw off the team balance really badly leading to us getting absolutely decimated.

Also picked up my first gold skin from a loot crate box early on. Mercy's Devil skin, looks great!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not running head first into Mei would help most people I kill with her.

fuzzyset

Even as Zen I rarely have issues with her. Throw on Discord orb and a few shots later she has either frozen herself or is dead, because almost every Mei player tried to freeze you rather than shoot. I rarely get frozen unless they flank me and catch me off guard.

Wait, the Discord orbs reflect the users damage to themselves? How is Mei freezing herself?

Foshy

This is a bit out there but don't suppose anyone bootcamped their Mac for this game?

I was contemplating doing it but not sure whether to as it would involve buying the game with no guarantee if it will work.

should be no problem at all, i played titanfall on windows via boot camp on a macbook pro when that one came out.

what kind of mac have you got? (model & year)

Indignate

Just keep your distance and shoot her. If she gets the jump on you and you're a mobile character, get away and reengage from a distance or just straight leave. Don't underestimate her damage and don't get baited by her Ice Block.

Use the buddy system. She can't handle two characters at once.

Klyka

Banned
Played 2 hours as Tracer and 3 hours as Pharah now.

Good times.

Probably in two or three days or so I'll go back to switching characters, but right now I just want to get training in with the ones I didn't play much in beta.

Not like anything really matters in Quick Play anyway.

styl3s

I love throwing a concussion mine at her with Junkrat and knocking her the fuck away while lobbing frags at her. I don't think i have ever had a problem with Mei with any ranged character but that's because when i see her i get the fuck way back.

Shahadan

Guy on opposite team: "Are you FUCKING SERIOUS with that Mei bullshit? Fuck this shit. Any plan to nerf that?"

I guess I made someone lose his shit today. Feels good.

TheGrue

Just want to emphasize how much I love playing as Mercy and really hoping I get that Imp skin soon.

Highlight for me was resurrecting my entire team right near the end of a match to secure the win.

Klyka

Banned
I saw a Mercy + Pharah duo where the Pharah was so damn bad but her pet Mercy would save her over and over and over again.

I would believe it if someone told me that Mercy player went over to the Pharah player's house to wipe his ass, that's how dependent the Pharah was.

Guy on opposite team: "Are you FUCKING SERIOUS with that Mei bullshit? Fuck this shit. Any plan to nerf that?"

I guess I made someone lose his shit today. Feels good.

I ran into 4 people guarding the capture point today and I wiped them all out with Pharah. No one else on my team was in sight. XD

should be no problem at all, i played titanfall on windows via boot camp on a macbook pro when that one came out.

what kind of mac have you got? (model & year)

That's it below. Probably don't have the graphics card for it. It's just a process to install Bootcamp, get Windows and Overwatch if it's going to be for nothing.

Ms0BgWB.png

Ambient80

I saw a Mercy + Pharah duo where the Pharah was so damn bad but her pet Mercy would save her over and over and over again.

I would believe it if someone told me that Mercy player went over to the Pharah player's house to wipe his ass, that's how dependent the Pharah was.

I had a great duo earlier with me on Zen and a Mercy on our team. We both healed the tank but if someone else needed healing I broke off to take care of them. Then Mercy and I would heal each other as needed. Neither of us died a single time and I think our tank only died once cause he charged forward out of our range/LOS (He was a Reinhardt). I also put out a good amount of damage and offensive assists by throwing Discord on everyone I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom