• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Genji isn't a sniper whose main job is to do long range shots.
Yet Hanzo fires faster, does more damage and has bigger hitbox in CQC than Genji, eventhough Genji is a CQC character. The fact that the hitbox is generous is what makes it problematic in close range.

I'll be damned if I can find a Hanzo that actually plays long range. Since despite being a "sniper" Hanzo is most effective in close and medium range and that's where most players use him.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Yet Hanzo fires faster, does more damage and has bigger hitbox in CQC than Genji, eventhough Genji is a CQC character. The fact that the hitbox is generous is what makes it problematic in close range.

I'll be damned if I can find a Hanzo that actually plays long range. Since despite being a "sniper" Hanzo is most effective in close and medium range and that's where most players use him.
If you are being destroyed by a Hanzo in close range I don't know what to say. He's so easy to kill close range, he has barely any mobility and one missed shot causes way too much downtime.

Am I the only one getting kicked out of games? Now I appear to be stuck at reinstancing.

I get the error "The server closed due to an unexpected behavior." On PS4, by the way.

I feel like im having a harder time then the Open Beta, games feel harder to win with people of better skill suddenly jumping in the fray, expected the opposite, might just be my luck.
Nah I feel the same. Seems like everyone has been watching Seagull videos since the beta ended + are running in premade teams. Solo queing is definitely a toss up for me.

So addictive. Played two games in a row not dying once with Torbjorn. Mwahahahaha!

The whole assists = kills thing makes the game feel more fun. It's a weird sort of mind game but it works on me at least.

Uthred

Some tank got salty that I wouldnt heal him and was healing offence guys instead, because he was running off trying to kill people while the offence guys and I were on the objective. Its a big blue square, how tough is it to realise you should be standing in it?

This is a huge issue, regardless of class. Groups not sticking together. Too many times in PUGs, people are just running all over doing their own thing instead of sticking together and helping each other.

Yeah its a big issue, or people who get killed running in one by one to the meatgrinder that killed them, as opposed to waiting a few seconds to group up

Mr Cool711

Neo Member
This is a bit out there but don't suppose anyone bootcamped their Mac for this game?

I was contemplating doing it but not sure whether to as it would involve buying the game with no guarantee if it will work.

I'm playing it on my bootcamped 4k iMac. I'm able to run the game fine at medium settings and having a blast!

ebil

People are starting to demand healers in chat while they insist on running with 2 Widowmakers and 2 Hanzos on attack.

Then you somehow manage to win by pushing the payload by yourself as Lúcio while everyone is randomly pew-pewing (to be fair defense obviously is too - otherwise I wouldn't be able to complete the objective almost all by myself), get 4 gold medals, best of the game on objective, and get no commendations or thanks.

It's definitely going to be more fun when people start playing the game as intended instead of trying to line up kills or fishing for PoTG.

Had a Hanzo complain that we didn't stop the payload that had a Reinhardt/Bastion on it.

Maybe stop being Hanzo.
Had a team using that strategy on us just last game (with two of those pairs no less), and our Hanzo was key to stopping the Reinhardt and Bastion. The dragon super was amazing at stopping them cold on the payload every time it was up.

Some tank got salty that I wouldnt heal him and was healing offence guys instead, because he was running off trying to kill people while the offence guys and I were on the objective. Its a big blue square, how tough is it to realise you should be standing in it?
There's lots of people that either A) Don't know how to play B) Don't know their characters and/or C) Don't understand the function of classes.

I was in an objective game about 20 minutes ago where I, as Reinhardt, was getting zero heals while capping. All the player did was attack as Zenyatta and occasionally heal DPS only. At one point I was blocking damage with my shield for about 20 seconds, capping the point, and the player was just running around.

It's hard not to get frustrated when a game balanced for teamwork has players that, well, don't play as a team. It's just important to remember this is only day two.

Sifl

Its pretty obvious some people don't understand how certain healers heal. Had a Bastion raging because I wasn't healing him as Lucio, which was because he was sitting in a corner away from the objective 90% of the time. 4 people on the objective>>>>>>>you.

J Range

Hanzo is most definitely not a medium or close range character. At all.

People are starting to demand healers in chat while they insist on running with 2 Widowmakers and 2 Hanzos on attack.

Then you somehow manage to win by pushing the payload by yourself as Lúcio while everyone is randomly pew-pewing (to be fair defense obviously is too - otherwise I wouldn't be able to complete the objective almost all by myself), get 4 gold medals, best of the game on objective, and get no commendations or thanks.

It's definitely going to be more fun when people start playing the game as intended instead of trying to line up kills or fishing for PoTG.

When I play support, snipers are absolute lowest priority. Tanks/people actually doing the objective are first

deoee

Its pretty obvious some people don't understand how certain healers heal. Had a Bastion raging because I wasn't healing him as Lucio, which was because he was sitting in a corner away from the objective 90% of the time. 4 people on the objective>>>>>>>you.

also 80% of the players don't know that the primary goal of a match is the objective.

I have lost so many matches cause people rather stay behind and shoot stuff than join my approach and camp the point.

I'm crying.
I hate it

Shitty Widowmakers on the team making me play Mercy very annoying but I'm learning fast now to be a decent healer. Tried Junk Rat and hated his fire rate. I keep trying Mccree and I just don't do anything with him. Pharah kinda clicks. I wanna try Tracer but there are so many.

When I play support, snipers are absolute lowest priority. Tanks/people actually doing the objective are first

If your sniper can't stay alive that's their own problem even when I play Widowmaker I don't ever expect to be healed.

As soon as I see my team on attack with a Widowmaker and a Hanzo I know it's time to put on my tryhard pants cause it's gonna be an uphill battle.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish 'No Sniper' wasn't a Team Tip. You really don't always need a sniper. Just like you don't always need a builder for defense.

inb4 hanzoboy420 says otherwise

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
What kind of Tank is D.Va? Her mech is destroyed within seconds.
She's good for chasing snipers and other people that are pestering your team from afar. Her shield also completely negates several ultimates, so that's why she's a tank.

How big do you guys think the Esports scene will be? Currently, on second day release it's at 113k viewers on Twitch at 5:30PST and Summit makes up roughly 23% of those viewers. He's mainly a CS and variety streamer so he probably won't stick with Overwatch long term. We will also see other streamers lose new release viewers overtime. Do you think this will be another Heroes of the Storm or will it be able to compete with the top 4 in Esports and viewership? Why or why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom