• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

rObit

Banned
Winston's another fun one in the Arcade brawl. His leap CD is only like a second and you can use it mid-air. Awesome for bounding after Pharahs.

The only arcade round I played, it was 5 Winstons vs. 5 Winstons. Like one person per minute would die, it was pure mayhem. After around 2 minutes of overtime on defense, I started rotating through some different heroes to try to counter before finally figuring out that D.Va's ult was good enough to clear them off of the point, and then the remaining Winstons on my team kept them off it long enough for overtime to finally end. It did not leave a pleasant impression of the arcade mode.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay Overwatch Bros and Sisters. I suck. I suck at FPS on KB+M or controller. Doesn't matter. I'm pretty bad. But I love playing this game. I have a group of friends and I think we'll play for a good long time. So, in the meantime as I practice and get better, which characters do you guys feel would be best for someone like me...who sucks but wants to help my teams while slowly getting better?

Winston's another fun one in the Arcade brawl. His leap CD is only like a second and you can use it mid-air. Awesome for bounding after Pharahs.
One game I played with Pharah in Arcade mode was amazing. I was flying in the air for literally the whole game raining down rockets. Pretty sure the other team hated me. I got so high in the air the other teams Pharah couldn't reach me

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hooked 3 reaper ults in a single round of KOTH, about 5 the entire game.

Hurhuhurhur

DrArchon

I'm starting to appreciate all the PotGs that I see that are just Hanzo jumping around like an idiot firing randomly and getting kills. Much more fun than just seeing Bastion sitting in one spot and getting a triple kill because it was the start of the game and no one knew he was there.

Also I'm trying to learn how to play D.Va because of her mobility, but I'm unsure as to when to use her defense matrix. Firing cancels it, so when would be best to use it?

Redmoon

Spent most of today in the weekly brawl.

Yes. Just yes. All of it. Everything that goes on in that mess....i LOVE it. The damage, speed, chaos, healing, cooldowns/charge rates, everything...

Also, the amount of healing I was racking up on 76 was just insane. Popping those heals every ~3 seconds, by the end of the games i'd have near 20k healing.

I hope this side of the game stays alive.

Zomba13

I think out of all the characters I hate Mercy the most. So fucking frustrating to wipe out the team or a troublesome player and for her to be "nah man". Like you get a good push and it doesn't mean shit because there was a mercy around the corner or just coming out of the spawn.

Okay Overwatch Bros and Sisters. I suck. I suck at FPS on KB+M or controller. Doesn't matter. I'm pretty bad. But I love playing this game. I have a group of friends and I think we'll play for a good long time. So, in the meantime as I practice and get better, which characters do you guys feel would be best for someone like me...who sucks but wants to help my teams while slowly getting better?
I suck too, trust, me, but I've been doing a lot better with Zenyatta. His skills auto-lock, so it's really easy to just throw on a healing orb to a teammate or throw an Orb of Discord on the enemy. Just stay in the back and throw orbs all day, then rush in with an ult to negate a lot of other heroes' ults. I've been doing really well with him. Even my damage is higher than with other heroes because I die a lot less.

213372bu

Banned
Saw my first hacker.

A Widow who stared blankly out at the ground and instantly snapped out of her fov and headshotted me as soon as I popped out.

After I reported and sent a chat question asking why that happened she cussed me out in all caps the whole game.

lol

I think out of all the characters I hate Mercy the most. So fucking frustrating to wipe out the team or a troublesome player and for her to be "nah man". Like you get a good push and it doesn't mean shit because there was a mercy around the corner or just coming out of the spawn.

Focus mercy then

Ferrio

Banned

C4QgwPf.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Was happy with this Pharah round, apart from the start lol. Their premade had just beaten us so it was nice to get some revenge. You can't hear my mic but Shadowplay still picks up TS for some reason, I have it set to in-game audio only so if anyone knows how to fix it let me know please.

https://youtu.be/aEwgjH9na_8

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I suggest Lucio: buffs are passive and the right-click push has a big forward area. Also, he has the best mobility in the game.

abundant

I suck too, trust, me, but I've been doing a lot better with Zenyatta. His skills auto-lock, so it's really easy to just throw on a healing orb to a teammate or throw an Orb of Discord on the enemy. Just stay in the back and throw orbs all day, then rush in with an ult to negate a lot of other heroes' ults. I've been doing really well with him. Even my damage is higher than with other heroes because I die a lot less.

I also suck at FPS as well,so I'll add my thoughts. Play Mercy or Lucio if you can't get the hang of Zenyatta. Both are healers as well that have more mobility then Zen, making it easier to stay alive.

Gaz_RB

SERIOUS QUESTION: I've been playing a lot of Winston today and he almost feels under powered. I know to zap and launch behind opponents and such, but it takes forever to kill someone. Hell, even when I have his ULT activated it takes forever to beat someone in the corner to death. Was he OP in the closed beta or something?

Yeah you're using Winston wrong. He ain't a killer.

Winston. You don't really have to aim.

Man, I didn't have winkyface equipped. No wonder my games have been going so south.

Lucio, Mercy, Symmetra, Winston, Tolbjorn, potentially D.va, and Reinhardt are all good picks for the accuracy-challenged. If you're OK at close-range skirmishes then try someone like Reaper or Roadhog, who have deadly close-range skills. Also, I'd say Soldier 76 is a regular accuracy character that's good for learning basic accuracy skills--and then you get to use his ult and forget about everything.

Overwatch has a good variety of characters to use, to fit all playstyles.

Lúcio. He's relatively easy to play, fun as hell and is a great help to any team.

Why am I doomed to always encounter the most toxic players?

I don't even say anything in voice or text chat, and yet I get paired up with these genuinely furious 30-to-40-year-old-sounding dudes screaming at me for choosing Widowmaker so I could snipe the Pharah that was killing us all because they were too inept to just kill her themselves. I die, and I have to walk back to the payload, and they all died and they're actually full-on screaming at me calling me a "shitter" and to "fucking do something" while I'm walking to the payload as fast as I can.

Experiences like that make me want to play singleplayer games exclusively unless I have friends to play with. IT'S UNRANKED and they're going batshit crazy over this.

Assholes.

Braag

By playing with terrible randoms, that'll put you off playing for the day. Fucking awful games tonight.

Yup, playing in an awful team is a great way to make yourself not want to play anymore. I was so happy to see that huge "Defeat" in the middle of the screen during the final match tonight, cause it meant the ass kicking which the other team gave us was over.

LAM09

Yup, playing in an awful team is a great way to make yourself not want to play anymore. I was so happy to see that huge "Defeat" in the middle of the screen during the final match tonight, cause it meant the ass kicking which the other team gave us was over.

It really does kill the vibe.

Xeteh

Mercy is an obvious choice since she can have a huge impact without requiring too much from the player. Once you start learning to move around with her to avoid damage you'll feel pretty useful.

Mei gives you tools to survive on your own or help out your team. She can snipe people with her right click but its something you can learn to use while still being a pest. Only thing to keep an eye out for is her Ice Wall, try not to throw up one that locks your team in or saves an enemy player. Press E again to drop it. It can also be helpful for blocking enemy ults like D.Va's or McCree's.

Reinhardt is pretty easy to play, you hold up a shield in front of your team and smack people with a hammer if they get close. You can poke at people from range with his E ability, and kill people by charging in to them and smashing them in to a wall.

Why am I doomed to always encounter the most toxic players?

I don't even say anything in voice or text chat, and yet I get paired up with these genuinely furious 30-to-40-year-old-sounding dudes screaming at me for choosing Widowmaker so I could snipe the Pharah that was killing us all because they were too inept to just kill her themselves. I die, and I have to walk back to the payload, and they all died and they're actually full-on screaming at me calling me a "shitter" and to "fucking do something" while I'm walking to the payload as fast as I can.

Experiences like that make me want to play singleplayer games exclusively unless I have friends to play with. IT'S UNRANKED and they're going batshit crazy over this.

Assholes.

8 hours in I've only heard one dude saying "Guys, get on the payload" twice, haven't heard anyone else, I honestly thought it would be worse in terms of saltyness, name calling, etc.

Lord Phol

Who's a good counter against Zarya? I honestly can't find anyone who can break through her shield easily :s. Windowmaker maybe?

I've been pleasantly surprised playing with randoms on ps4, there's been the odd game where it's been a mess but mostly people have been happy to keep a good balance in the team and play what's required. That's a massive testament to how fun all these characters are.

Just had a look and my top 5 so far have been
D.VA
Lucio
Winston
Tracer
Mercy.

There isn't a character i dislike but D.VA's the one i'm most comfortable with, ran the show with her at times.

By playing with terrible randoms, that'll put you off playing for the day. Fucking awful games tonight.

I've only been playing with randoms and honestly I haven't had many problems. Playing with randoms work pretty well. Even when there's little communication, most people have the common sense to work as a team. The team almost always end up with at least one tank and healer. And even when you lose, the game is still usually pretty fun, except for a few instances where you're indeed just happy that it's over. Comebacks are always fun though.

Naw, the game is fun with randoms. At least the PS4 community of randoms is. I'd say at least 80% of the games I've played I've also had a good team in.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
8 hours in I've only heard one dude saying "Guys, get on the payload" twice, haven't heard anyone else, I honestly thought it would be worse in terms of saltyness, name calling, etc.

The only thing I'm noticing is a lot of people teabagging.

They're always McCree, Tracer or Genji

Yeah, there are a billion Youtube videos if that sorta stuff interests you. Just search for your heroes name and add "guide" to the end and find your favourite youtuber.

I suppose I should amend that I'm interested in a recommendation of videos/write ups that people have found to have some good informative quality amongst the billions 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom