• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like that when I join somebody's game it puts me on the opposite team or some shit

like shouldnt they put me in their group. Cuz otherwise I gotta invite them in the middle of their game, they gotta leave that XP/bonus and shit, just to search for a new game

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I dont like that when I join somebody's game it puts me on the opposite team or some shit

like shouldnt they put me in their group. Cuz otherwise I gotta invite them in the middle of their game, they gotta leave that XP/bonus and shit, just to search for a new game

Yeah this is annoying. You spectate a match, then get plopped on the other side...

This happened last night despite there being a free spot on my friend's team. I actually backed out of the game and rejoined and was put on his team in the slot, but what the hell. If you join in on a guy you're obviously doing it to be with them.

Hm, well that explains why I die so fast but it only lasts for 2 seconds? Feels like she is shielded all the time.

Yea, 2 seconds seems like a lot when you can't do anything against it. Lasts 2 seconds and has a 10 second cooldown, se can also project a barrier to a teammate, so 2 people can be shielded at the same time (Zarya and another hero).

Is this console? Cause on PC whenever I join a friends group it backs us all out after the match to find a new one if there isn't any space.

Sianos

Okay Overwatch Bros and Sisters. I suck. I suck at FPS on KB+M or controller. Doesn't matter. I'm pretty bad. But I love playing this game. I have a group of friends and I think we'll play for a good long time. So, in the meantime as I practice and get better, which characters do you guys feel would be best for someone like me...who sucks but wants to help my teams while slowly getting better?

Lucio - you have an aura that you can toggle between speeding people up and healing them, and pressing e lets you amp it up and supercharge that aura for a brief moment. Your ultimate is a briefly lasting massive aoe overheal buff that decays quickly but can block tons of damage in crucial moments.

Just by speeding people to the poin and healing people by existing while spamming amp it up you contibutes a ton, but he also has a lot of small quirks you can use for more advanced plays as well. Wall-running that has a lot of subtle mechanics to it, the plasma gun that hits decently hard once you get used to it, the knockback, getting used to advantageously switching auras...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I've been pleasantly surprised playing with randoms on ps4, there's been the odd game where it's been a mess but mostly people have been happy to keep a good balance in the team and play what's required. That's a massive testament to how fun all these characters are.

Just had a look and my top 5 so far have been
D.VA
Lucio
Winston
Tracer
Mercy.

There isn't a character i dislike but D.VA's the one i'm most comfortable with, ran the show with her at times.

My man.

D.Va is bae.

dva.jpg

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
3 hours play time d.va
45 min tracer

Everything after that is under 30 minutes.

I'm getting really good with d.va. I mean I usually die around a 5-6 kill streak but for someone who has never played a shooter on PC before..yay

VertPin

for someone who really wants a fun multiplayer game to play with friends, and hasn't touched a fps aside from CoD, and never played a moba...would I like this?

Debating on dropping the $60

Damn! I had an 18-0 game defending the payload at Gibraltar as Pharah w/ about 1:08 remaining. All of a sudden BOOM disconnected from battle.net

Gaaaaaaaaaahd

MMaRsu

for someone who really wants a fun multiplayer game to play with friends, and hasn't touched a fps aside from CoD, and never played a moba...would I like this?

Im not sure but its no moba ^_^ watch some vids man

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The worst part about when I want to try playing more Zenyatta is I'll usually pick him when there's another healer like Mercy or Lucio. They'll see me pick him and go 'oh ok we don't need me to heal' and switch over

EVERY
TIME

SDCowboy

These loot boxes are killing me.
The mostly garbage loot boxes wouldn't bother me so much if the leveling wasn't so insanely slow once you get into the teens. IMO, they either need to speed up the leveling slightly, or stop including so much crap in them. That or have every crate include a small amount of cash.

You will probably like Soldier 76. He is designed specifically to appeal to Call of Duty players, right down to the way he controls. He's a grizzled soldier with a dash, an assault rifle, a mini missle launcher sort of thing, a self-heal, and an ult that lets him auto-target enemies for massive damage.

Of course, there's plenty of other fun characters in the game, which you will no doubt discover.

So, if you're still interested, go for it. Overwatch doesn't disappoint many.

Zomba13

Just played my first full match as Torbjorn or "___: I NEED ARMOUR I NEED ARMOUR I NEED ARMOUR I NEED ARMOUR"
Most annoying match I played. Constant I NEED ARMOUR from a Phara flying in the sky ignoring the pickups on the ground.

Oh and at level 18 and I got my second purple drop! A whopping 150 coins! Wow!

Btw, just want to give my love to everyone that plays Mercy, before coming to work I had a Mercy supporting me as Roadhog and we fucking tore shit apart, that payload barely stopped. When she wasn't on me and was healing others I used my heal and refused to go down (0 deaths). My heart broke when no one (apart from me) gave her/him a vote in the end.

Trey

what i do is message them to invite me to the group, which automatically invites you to the game and ensures you're on the same team.

I just took some time to look at some of the higher tier skins for some of these characters and my God they are incredible.

Btw, just want to give my love to everyone that plays Mercy, before coming to work I had a Mercy supporting me as Roadhog and we fucking tore shit apart, that payload barely stopped. When she wasn't on me and was healing others I used my heal and refused to go down (0 deaths). My heart broke when no one (apart from me) gave her/him a vote in the end.

Healers really don't get much credit at all.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah no legendary skin for me yet either :(

I just want to look as pretty as I feel.

The mostly garbage loot boxes wouldn't bother me so much if the leveling wasn't so insanely slow once you get into the teens. IMO, they either need to speed up the leveling slightly, or stop including so much crap in them. That or have every crate include a small amount of cash.

It really slows down to a crawl after a while. Even more so when you lose more games than you win.

Rokam

If you're on PC tell your friends to go to Options>Social> Open Group To Friends. Now you can just right click and join their group.

Really? I've never been so okay with losing. Something about overwatch makes losing not as salt inducing like other games.

I'm ok with losing, but it is mad frustrating when there are 3 people playing snipers and we need to push. If we lose pushing the objective that's fine, but there are some people really caught up on their k/d to the detriment of the team.

lolwut? Healers get the lion's share of the credit whenever they're up for vote.

Not in my experience thus far.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
You're welcome 👼

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the leveling speed needs a buff. When there is no lvl cap, the leveling speed should not be this slow in the teens.
Dailies would be a solution. Either giving you bonus EXP or some coins. Would help get chests faster or make it possible to buy something you want in between.
I'm looking forward to the first big patch. I'm wondering what, besides competitive mode, blizzard will bring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom