• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Its super fucking annoying to lose because none of your teammates will switch. They have two fucking bastions. Snipe or use Phrarah.

At least they gave me votes for healing...

Gaz_RB

Winston is beast at knocking players out of contested zones/payload areas.

And disrupting concentrated offensives if you're playing him on Defense. If a Reinhart is coming up the lane followed by a couple other assholes hiding behind him, Winston can jump behind the shield, drop his own shield, play a bit of punchy punchy zappy zappy and then jump on out. Hopefully your team has taken advantage of the chaos you caused and the rest of them can be taken out.

lolwut? Healers get the lion's share of the credit whenever they're up for vote.

Yepp. Tanks and healers are always up there in the top. I always vote for whoever I think contributed the most, which is often a tank or a healer (and sooooomeiiiimes to the swagiest player, I admit).

vypek

Honestly, just because they switch to a character doesn't mean they'd be any good at it.

Thats true enough. It was a tough match. I have to commend them for at least trying to win instead of playing TDM. Someone eventually switched to Pharah but it was too late in the match.

Maybe they did stick with characters they felt more comfortable with.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Why is winstons ultimate damage so low, can never seem to get any kills with it, but maybe its cause its more of a diruptor ultimate

Can I play with the people you play with? It's always the one with the most kills.

Yep, exactly.

Its super fucking annoying to lose because none of your teammates will switch. They have two fucking bastions. Snipe or use Phrarah.

At least they gave me votes for healing...

A lot of the time you can tell a match is going to go bad from the jump by how the team selects characters. You have a balanced team? In most cases you will do alright.

Lulubop

Only played two games but I can already see myself becoming addicted to this.

Battletag is Lulubop#11192 if anyone wants to add me on PC.

SDCowboy

Dailies would be a solution. Either giving you bonus EXP or some coins. Would help get chests faster or make it possible to buy something you want in between.
I'm looking forward to the first big patch. I'm wondering what, besides competitive mode, blizzard will bring

I wouldn't mind dailies. And I also wouldn't mind a random amount of cash in each chest also.

Leveling speed caps at like 23 or something, doesn't get any longer after that.

Right, and if it's too slow in the teens, I can't even imagine how slow it is as the slowest point.

FrsDvl

I just had my best run as Winston ever.

77lhifv.jpg

And a little video cause it's fun to knock people off edges.

http://plays.tv/video/57462e28725bf63a76/bye-bye-winston-bye-bye-reinhardt-?from=user

When you play Pharah on Hollywood and Symmetra, Tracer and Toblerone all have multiple kills against you, it's probably time to I dunno why am I so awful :( :( :(

Also, seriously, is no one else still experiencing tons of lag? I feel like that "network is shitty" icon is on half the time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn, Lucio is so necessary in solo random groups. If we don't have one that means I'm him. Luckily I enjoy playing as him but hrmm :/

When you play Pharah on Hollywood and Symmetra, Tracer and Toblerone all have multiple kills against you, it's probably time to I dunno why am I so awful :( :( :(

Also, seriously, is no one else still experiencing tons of lag? I feel like that "network is shitty" icon is on half the time.

What happened in that game? Did you try switching heroes to counter them all?

Pharah is supposed to be a counter to Tracer and Tjorbjorn's turrets. Couldn't find a good spot to attack the turrets, though, and Tracer too good for my punk ass. Symmetra is just icing on the shit cake.

Maybe try Junkrat. He doesn't need direct line of sight for his main weapon unlike Pharah.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I may have to take a break from Reaper because I don't think I can top my last POTG for a while. I wish I knew how to upload/share it

My teams on the point, Symmetra and Farrah are behind the wall on the point in the third part of Lijiang. I go around, kill them go back on the point and as I'm on the point, I hear Mercy's ult. Turn around and Reaper's face went,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WSe9ugpXIw

Death Blossom. The Mercy, the freshly rezzed Farrah and Symmetra and an unsuspecting Winston all get killed in one Death Blossom

The worst part about when I want to try playing more Zenyatta is I'll usually pick him when there's another healer like Mercy or Lucio. They'll see me pick him and go 'oh ok we don't need me to heal' and switch over

EVERY
TIME
Definitely, he can do ok on his own but you can clean up when there's another healer. I was comboing him with lucio and mercy and destroying the other team.

Any ps4 players wanna group up?

Jblanks

Just had a 86% match on fire with Zarya but missed the screenshot button on PS4.. fuck. And I forgot the highlights don't save if you quit the game, I had to do something.

Pharah is supposed to be a counter to Tracer and Tjorbjorn's turrets. Couldn't find a good spot to attack the turrets, though, and Tracer too good for my punk ass. Symmetra is just icing on the shit cake.

I'm not too sure about that, the turrets can still get you while flying and they don't miss. It's worse when you're flying due to a lack of cover. Perhaps if you hop in and out of cover you might counter the turrets, but there are better options.

Pharah can only effectively counter Tracer as long as Pharah has a pretty big height advantage. If you're inside an area with a low roof and you come across a Tracer, you basically stand no chance.

Haha, 55 eliminations netted you a Bronze Medal?

Speaking of which what do medals mean? I got 3 gold medals in a recent match with Lucio and it was good enough to get my name up at the end of the match, but I have no idea what I did other than maybe playing well that match.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Had a zarya+reaper wombo combo dual ultimates on 5 ppl on the enemy team earlier. It was

giphy.gif

I had been avoiding playing as Hanzo because I generally suck with bows in these games, but I've been surprisingly effective (for me at least) with him the couple of times I've played him.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Speaking of which what do medals mean? I got 3 gold medals in a recent match with Lucio and it was good enough to get my name up at the end of the match, but I have no idea what I did other than maybe playing well that match.

Bronze means you're the third best of the team for that specific stat, silver second, gold first etc

So if next to kills you have a gold medal, it means you have the highest kills on the team

I'm not sure if it means you were best in the game or in your team. Regardless, as is explained in the OP, you get an experience boost, but only for one medal (i.e. three gold medals gives you the same amount of exp as one gold, but one gold gives more than four silvers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom