• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaterTots

Banned
SERIOUS QUESTION: I've been playing a lot of Winston today and he almost feels under powered. I know to zap and launch behind opponents and such, but it takes forever to kill someone. Hell, even when I have his ULT activated it takes forever to beat someone in the corner to death. Was he OP in the closed beta or something?

Ferrio

Banned
SERIOUS QUESTION: I've been playing a lot of Winston today and he almost feels under powered. I know to zap and launch behind opponents and such, but it takes forever to kill someone. Hell, even when I have his ULT activated it takes forever to beat someone in the corner to death. Was he OP in the closed beta or something?

He's the same from open beta, still considered really good. He's not about doing damage, he's about causing chaos among the enemy team.

Winston is not underpowered, he's one of the best characters in the game. You are supposed to harass people like Mercy or Widowmaker, don't try to fight Reapers or Roadhogs by yourself because you will lose. Your ult is supposed to make them scatter so someone like Soldier 76 or McCree can pick them off, and to top it off your insane mobility for your HP and useful barrier make you a threat.

He does have little killing ability, but he is a massive annoyance.

he's not supposed to kill people fast, he's supposed to get into the backline and force them to peel off of objectives

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Listen, I am up close and personal with Mac ports.
It's a rarity, but even I can agree with people who put porting at the bottom of the barrel; sometimes, it's not even cost effective, because the gaming market share for Macs is much lower than for Windows.

When asked why it wasn't coming to Mac though Blizzard commented that the tech wasn't quite there yet, specifically regarding OpenGL which has been a bottleneck for ages. Now that Metal is released Blizzard has been moving their Mac games away from OpenGL internally. I would suspect that an Overwatch Mac port will just come later on once they are comfortable with their Metal builds.

Of course this is a team game, but damn, blinking ahead of the pack as Tracer can be damn fun. I was playing a game on Hollywood as attackers. I blinked ahead and single-handedly took the control point right as the game started. The enemy team (the defenders) were busy fighting my team at our spawn point. Two of them managed to come after me but I took them both out.

I love this game. So many strategies, so many situations, so many playstyles and so many fun heroes.

I see what you did there lol. However, even with his ULT its kinda weak. He just knocks people back. I'd imagine a rage ULT would include increased damage.

His ult also fully heals him and gives him 1,000 HP. You'd need most of the team to take him down and he's one person.

His jump jets in ult do HUGE damage if you land on someone as well.

Of course this is a team game, but damn, blinking ahead of the pack as Tracer can be damn fun. I was playing a game on Hollywood as attackers. I blinked ahead and single-handedly took the control point right as the game started. The enemy team (the defenders) were busy fighting my team at our spawn point. Two of them managed to come after me but I took them both out.

I love this game. So many strategies, so many situations, so many playstyles and so many fun heroes.

It is a team game but Tracer, Genji and Reaper are supposed to go solo for the most part. They move in behind enemy lines and wreak havoc while your main force of Reinhardts, Lucios and Soldiers pushes in. That's why you don't chase them, they are a distraction.

pigeon

Banned
I find it really scary going up against Winston 1 on 1. Even moreso when he Ults.
Just nope outta there

Right thing to do, honestly. Winston can probably kill you if you stand in melee with him just by virtue of having three times as much health as you and not having to aim.

Well thanks to a good friend, I got it. I had way more fun with the beta than I thought I would and last night was a blast. I'm really, really enjoying this game. So fun and so chaotic at times. I've never been much of a Blizzard fan but this just has that something that grabs me.

MUnited83

For you.
Not about damage, rather disrupting the enemy strategy by jumping on their backlines. His ukt is not to meant to kill, rather just move people away. For example, you can activate it close to a control point full of enemies and proceed to throw all of then far and let your team close in.
His zapper is also great for dealing with traps/mines/symettra turrets, since it automatically targets them when close. He's also a great counter to snipers.

Right thing to do, honestly. Winston can probably kill you if you stand in melee with him just by virtue of having three times as much health as you and not having to aim.

I normally put some distance before attacking but im usually fine against Roadhog or Dva but Winstons lunge and canon which doesnt let me deflect just make me go "im not dealing with you"

Donalp15

Neo Member
If there is a PS4 group that wants to add me, that be great. Only been playing with randoms so far and its very hit and miss.
European just to throw that out there.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

winstonu2lh4.png

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can you turn off tips? i don't want to see all the time that i can change my hero with H.

AlanOC91

After 5 matches with massive killstreaks as Solider 76 I decided to try out Zenyatta and I really like him!

Love the idea of passive heal buffs and enemy debuffs all rolled into one character. Managed to top the healing of our round and received 5 upvotes for it. I definitely prefer this style of play over Solider 76. Feels good just managing to rescue someone who was about to be killed.

CrazyHal

I love driving the enemie team insane with Torbjorn's turrets. There was this one game where they were all trying so hard to get rid of it but couldn't no matter how much they tried. I could just FEEL the anger emanating from them!

Also pretty much no one ever wants to play as him so I'm stuck using him in every defence match.

Ark

It would seem that the two weeks since open beta has made me rusty as all heck for this game.

Can't wait for the weekend so I can no-life the shit out of this game :D

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

Only people you can really take 1 on 1 are snipers, tracer, and genji.

His main role is a disruptor. He's excellent at helping your team break through chokepoints or to capture objectives

Winston is soooo good :D

I main him now when i play with groups and stuff

really can distract people and i can focus the snipers or the mercy when they get alone

two winstons strat is really op though unless the enemy really turtles

Zeliard

Winston's another fun one in the Arcade brawl. His leap CD is only like a second and you can use it mid-air. Awesome for bounding after Pharahs.

I suck with Winston but I've got his Safari skin so I mind as well learn to play him.
Winston sucks with randoms. You need coordination so your team can capitalize on you distracting the enemy. Also so that can back you up when your health gets low and you need to get out of dodge/pop your ult.

Xater

Yeah i can't find anything on PC either, that's pretty weird.

I tweeted to Blizzard about it. Maybe some more people are letting them know that this is a thing that would be a nice option to have.

How does one stop playing overwatch? I can close battle net, only to open it up 10 minutes later and say "one more game".

The matches are so quick is the thing. So even after a bad one I am often like "Just one more. This one will be better."

Klyka

Banned
Two hours of Genji later and I am a Ninja.

I'll say it again guys: Take a character you don't/barely play or one you have trouble fighting against. Then play that character exclusively that one day.

Works wonders.

Xater

Two hours of Genji later and I am a Ninja.

I'll say it again guys: Take a character you don't/barely play or one you have trouble fighting against. Then play that character exclusively that one day.

Works wonders.

I did that with Widowmaker and Hanzo since the retail release. They didn't click with me during beta, but now I like them.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
How does one stop playing overwatch? I can close battle net, only to open it up 10 minutes later and say "one more game".

I do the same thing. I close the game, go on gaf, see the overwatch thread and say 'you know what, i should be playing overwatch'. Rinse and repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom