• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which what do medals mean? I got 3 gold medals in a recent match with Lucio and it was good enough to get my name up at the end of the match, but I have no idea what I did other than maybe playing well that match.

Getting a gold medal in kills mean you got the most kills in a match out of your entire team. A silver medal in kills mean you did second best compared to your team, and bronze means third best. Note that multiple people can get gold medals if they have the same number of kills/objective time/damage done etc.

This applies to all the stats you can have in a game except deaths.

FireRises

never played the beta so this is new to me, but I'm really digging the game so far. I like Reaper for the teleport shenanigans and Bastion for defense.

edit: although Reaper's battitude voice is annoying

I bought $10 worth of loot boxes after hitting level 12-ish with no decent drops. I'm the problem.

The problem is you can get doubles. If you were guaranteed to get stuff you don't already have, it would be considerably better. Also if you could sell shit you just don't want (goodbye sprays).

Maffis

Bronze means you're the third best of the team for that specific stat, silver second, gold first etc

So if next to kills you have a gold medal, it means you have the highest kills on the team

it is possible to share a gold medal if your stats are very close to another

J3ffro

Really? I've never been so okay with losing. Something about overwatch makes losing not as salt inducing like other games.

Exactly. I don't enjoy losing, but it doesn't really make me mad in any way. I've been a part of some super close games, a few we won, a few we lost, but all were great.

Parham

Banned
The worst part about when I want to try playing more Zenyatta is I'll usually pick him when there's another healer like Mercy or Lucio. They'll see me pick him and go 'oh ok we don't need me to heal' and switch over

EVERY
TIME

I did this once before, but only realized my mistake afterwards.

pls forgiv

wetwired

Had a 2 or so hour session last night and snagged two legendary skins from level up loot boxes. Both characters I play too!

Excite!
428px-Bastion-Gearbot.jpg

461px-Reinhardt-Blackhardt.jpg

But it isn't equal "money". Like, if I get a dupe legendary, I don't receive 1000 credits back...which is pretty bullshit if you ask me.

No, of course not, that would be ridiculous. It's much better balanced the way it is now, I'd say.

And relax, the game has only been out for two days, you'll get the stuff you want before too long.

Arcteryx

No, of course not, that would be ridiculous. It's much better balanced the way it is now, I'd say.

And relax, the game has only been out for two days, you'll get the stuff you want before too long.

I'm relaxed (who said otherwise).

My point is, if you're dropping actual IRL money on a box, you shouldn't be able to get dupes (give the cost equivalent for whatever tier of skin/item you would have got as a dupe, not some arbitrary % of that cost).

Hawkie

I understand that, but 1) it's a piddly amount that they give you, and 2) it does nothing to increase the odds of getting something you really want and don't yet have.

If you don't fork up the cash to buy the boxes, the reality is, you're in it for the long grind to get what you want.

My point is, if you're dropping actual IRL money on a box, you shouldn't be able to get dupes (give the cost equivalent for whatever tier of skin/item you would have got as a dupe, not some arbitrary % of that cost).

Well, I couldn't disagree more. I totally see what Blizzard is going for with their progression system.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I'd be very bothered if people paying real money got 'dupe protection'

They might as well just allow you to buy specific items if that's the case.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I don't get a leg by the time I hit 20 (in 2 levels) I'm sending Blizzard a strongly-worded letter!

Took me until the level 23 (22? Something like that) to get my one and only so far. Hang in there fellow bad luck bro

SDCowboy

I wish you could sell shit you don't want instead of it only being for duplicates.

Kind of like dismantling carts for dust in Hearthstone.

Xyber

Man, had a game of capture the point that was pretty crazy. First they got to 99% when we had 0, we managed to grab it after a bit of fighting. We got to 99%, then they recaptured it and all hell broke lose. The overtime before someone won was almost 4 minutes of constant fighting. We got it in the end and it felt so good.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I swear I'm bugged, over 10 boxes that have all been triple grey, it's just not possible to be this unlucky :(

CrazyHal

The though that there will come a day that every players will learn that confronting Bastion in turret mode directly is suicide.

It fills me with determination.

Ken

any tips for playing as reinhardt? i probably need to expand to another tank that's not roadhog

barrier only when you have ppl behind you

whack when they come up close. you win against most heroes but the tank killers (reaper, mcCree etc)

charge for style

honestly reinhardt is only strong if his team utilizes him

Wanderer5

Damn, Lucio is so necessary in solo random groups. If we don't have one that means I'm him. Luckily I enjoy playing as him but hrmm :/

Yeah I been through quite a few pug matches that no one wants to do support, so I mostly just do Lucio then when it comes to those. I enjoy playing him a lot through.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I swear I'm bugged, over 10 boxes that have all been triple grey, it's just not possible to be this unlucky :(

A quick read of the thread would show you yiu are not alone, much less bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom