• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Welcome to my world, I play mercy and there have been times where the enemy straight up ignores the group and guns for me lol.

Youre the healer. Thats exactly what they should do.

217534009_hZ5oD-L-2-540x270.jpg

old

Getting a gold medal in kills mean you got the most kills in a match out of your entire team. A silver medal in kills mean you did second best compared to your team, and bronze means third best. Note that multiple people can get gold medals if they have the same number of kills/objective time/damage done etc.

This applies to all the stats you can have in a game except deaths.

I hate when I get 5 gold medals (subtle brag) with Soldier 76 but my "highlight" is getting X number of eliminations. Blizz needs to change the logic so that gold medals get weighted more.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I thought i would only play a few characters then i tried them all and now i'm having a hard time deciding who should i play with.

They're all so freakin cool.

Edzi

I'm tempted to jump into this game after all the hype it's generated, but I'm in a bit of a pickle when deciding which platform to get it on. Debating between PS4 and PC, since I've always played competitive games on consoles in the past and would likely feel more comfortable on PS4 against other pad players, but I've also been learning m/kb by forcing myself to play DOOM with it and so I may be able to slowly get up to speed on the PC version which I hear might have a bigger community/better support down the line? Any advice?

Any recommendations for a software that can record a set amount of time? Shadow play isn't working for me but I like how they have a system where you can record the last few minutes.

nOoblet16

It is kind of insane just how much damage Roadhog is capable of taking with his fast healing (only 6 second cool down), highest HP, Symmetry's shield and Torbjorn's armour which can get his total HP to 700.
Ou of which 75 is armour that causes reduced damage.

_woLf

I really, really hope Blizzard implements a way to somehow save the clips that are put into your Highlights section from the main menu.

You lose them all once you close the game. It sucks. :(

nOoblet16

Welcome to my world, I play mercy and there have been times where the enemy straight up ignores the group and guns for me lol.
Well that's what I do when I am playing against them as well. Although Mercy can fly away and get behind bigger teammates to save herself, so she has an escape option. Lucio because of how difficult he is to kill and his sound barrier special makes him an even higher priority for the enemy team but he unlike Mercy he can't fly away.

KyleCross

I'm starting to really dislike this game and it isn't Blizzard's fault. I play with randoms as I don't have any MP friends and it is hell. Half the time they have no idea what an objective is and they'll just go off and do team deathmatch, often time wandering aimlessly as they can't find the enemies. I literally just had a game that lasted under 2 minutes because none of my team was around and I couldn't hold either A or B by myself against the entire enemy team.

Sorry for venting, but a good 60% of my matches have been like this. I joined the GAF community on PSN, hope to find some cool peeps through that.

mikemandey

You know you annoyed someone when he unleashed his ulti just to kill you in 1 vs 1 encounter. Just killed a Reaper over and over with my bae, Mei. Then he decided to use his "Death Blossom" when we met again in a corridor. lol

Unfortunately, I died because my Cryo Freeze was in cooldown :/

I'm tempted to jump into this game after all the hype it's generated, but I'm in a bit of a pickle when deciding which platform to get it on. Debating between PS4 and PC, since I've always played competitive games on consoles in the past and would likely feel more comfortable on PS4 against other pad players, but I've also been learning m/kb by forcing myself to play DOOM with it and so I may be able to slowly get up to speed on the PC version which I hear might have a bigger community/better support down the line? Any advice?

If you can put up with KB/M controls, I'd go with PC for sure. This is coming from someone who bought it on Xbox One :p

Guru-Guru

Banned
I just got a pretty cool Symmetra skin (Devi), so I guess that will be who I will try out tonight. I have been trying to play a new hero for at least 1 hour every day, just so I am familiar with the mechanics of everyone. Any tips for Symmetra? I haven't played her yet, but I can see how she would be very strong on defense maps.

I'm starting to really dislike this game and it isn't Blizzard's fault. I play with randoms as I don't have any MP friends and it is hell. Half the time they have no idea what an objective is and they'll just go off and do team deathmatch, often time wandering aimlessly as they can't find the enemies. I literally just had a game that lasted under 2 minutes because none of my team was around and I couldn't hold either A or B by myself against the entire enemy team.

Sorry for venting, but a good 60% of my matches have been like this. I joined the GAF community on PSN, hope to find some cool peeps through that.
That's why I make sure to at least play with 1 friend. Going solo would drive me mad. Sorry you're having some rough games.

mbpm1

When I have a game like that I really miss ME3 multiplayer

At least people had to work together then

But most of my games are good so I don't think about it too long!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just got a pretty cool Symmetra skin (Devi), so I guess that will be who I will try out tonight. I have been trying to play a new hero for at least 1 hour every day, just so I am familiar with the mechanics of everyone. Any tips for Symmetra? I haven't played her yet, but I can see how she would be very strong on defense maps.

Arguably she should ONLY be used on defense maps, like Torbjorn. Im sure someone can and has make them work on offense, but that doesn't mean you should.

Anyway her ult is godlike and I miss it everytime there isnt one (its basically the TF2 teleporter but you just set up the exit). You can stick the sentries to walls and ceilings, dont put them on the floor they are very fragile. Stick them in archways, behind corners, basically where someone wouldn't see them first hand as they walk by.

Her weapon is VERY good. The left click is a close range beam that increases dmg the longer its in people. The alt fire is a orb you can charge, it moves slowly but bypasses shields, nice to throw them out to poke people passing by. And her support skill is a shield, you apply it once per person and forget about it until they die. It basically gives them a rechargeable small shield, youre not actually shielding them all the time as I initially thought. Make sure to shield everyone tho and shield them again when they run back from dying.

Hope that helps.

jacobs34

Level 12 and still no epics or legendaries, it's not a big deal given how much I'm going to play this game, but I do get jealous seeing people run around with all that new hotness.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Arguably she should ONLY be used on defense maps, like Torbjorn. Im sure someone can and has make them work on offense, but that doesn't mean you should.

Anyway her ult is godlike and I miss it everytime there isnt one (its basically the TF2 teleporter but you just set up the exit). You can stick the sentries to walls and ceilings, dont put them on the floor they are very fragile. Stick them in archways, behind corners, basically where someone wouldn't see them first hand as they walk by.

Her weapon is VERY good. The left click is a close range beam that increases dmg the longer its in people. The alt fire is a orb you can charge, it moves slowly but bypasses shields, nice to throw them out to poke people passing by. And her support skill is a shield, you apply it once per person and forget about it until they die. It basically gives them a rechargeable small shield, youre not actually shielding them all the time as I initially thought. Make sure to shield everyone tho and shield them again when they run back from dying.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the tips. Excited to play her when I get home from work...In 7 hours. :(

Rhaknar

MFpallytime started his Overwatch coverage with a Tracer/Hanzo/76 video. His stuff is always fun as he is usually a decent player and especially a decent person, and he tries to provide tips and explanations on what hes doing (which I bet isnt easy while playing)

https://youtu.be/tYm6W5WX-wA

Cool, thanks. What makes you say that as an Xbox owner though?

KB/M is just clearly the way to go for the pace of the game, and for the community aspect that you mentioned. I'm making a broad generalization here, but team focused games like this seem to just "click" better with the PC community. I would have got the game on PC if I wasn't terrible with KB/M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom