• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator86

So one of my games today had some stuff I feel I should mention. Overall it was still a good session (im well over the 50% win rate again), but a couple of things were noticiable in this particular game:

A) the completely oblivious player. Had a game with a Mcree that all he did was left click. From a distance, never engaging. I was Mercy and one of the times I was healing him, we get ganked by someone and he proceeds to just continue to left click him while he murders me, and then him. No stun, no dump. I very rarely call people out, but I actually typed "Jesus dude kill him, I cant do shit while im healing you" and "if you dont know, you can right click to dump your entire clip on people". He continued to not dump.

So when you talk about "bad players" remember that these people exist, these are the actual bad players, someone that clearly didnt even bother to look at his skills or even try his buttons.

And then B) the classic "no tank, no healer". Unsurprisingly, it was the same game. So at the start I pick Zarya and then everyone is on dps so I say "yo someone pick a support, or at least a tank and ill heal" and nobody did. Wasnt even a silence thung either, people actually typed "im not doing it" etc. Fast forward to the end of the game, where we are trying to capture the second point, and cant because of course, we have no one to engage, to get in there and draw fire, to disrupt. We have a bunch if squishies shooting from the sides and me trying to heal them.

Dont be this guy. Either the oblivious guy, or the refuse to change guy. Thats what makes you a actual noob, the skill comes with time/practice and most people dont mind or notice. But these type of fundamental shit, you cant learn that.

Honesty, stuff like this doesn't bother me that much. But if you're going to be useless garbage, do it on the fucking objective. It feels like the average Overwatch player is actually just a cat pawing at its owner's controller half the time. Blizzard should just play the COD level up sounds the entire time you're near an objective to condition low attention-span players to want get near them.

mbpm1

So one of my games today had some stuff I feel I should mention. Overall it was still a good session (im well over the 50% win rate again), but a couple of things were noticiable in this particular game:

A) the completely oblivious player. Had a game with a Mcree that all he did was left click. From a distance, never engaging. I was Mercy and one of the times I was healing him, we get ganked by someone and he proceeds to just continue to left click him while he murders me, and then him. No stun, no dump. I very rarely call people out, but I actually typed "Jesus dude kill him, I cant do shit while im healing you" and "if you dont know, you can right click to dump your entire clip on people". He continued to not dump.

So when you talk about "bad players" remember that these people exist, these are the actual bad players, someone that clearly didnt even bother to look at his skills or even try his buttons.

And then B) the classic "no tank, no healer". Unsurprisingly, it was the same game. So at the start I pick Zarya and then everyone is on dps so I say "yo someone pick a support, or at least a tank and ill heal" and nobody did. Wasnt even a silence thung either, people actually typed "im not doing it" etc. Fast forward to the end of the game, where we are trying to capture the second point, and cant because of course, we have no one to engage, to get in there and draw fire, to disrupt. We have a bunch if squishies shooting from the sides and me trying to heal them.

Dont be this guy. Either the oblivious guy, or the refuse to change guy. Thats what makes you a actual noob, the skill comes with time/practice and most people dont mind or notice. But these type of fundamental shit, you cant learn that.

This makes me feel better about myself for some reason

I thought i would only play a few characters then i tried them all and now i'm having a hard time deciding who should i play with.

They're all so freakin cool.

Same here. I love them all! Lucio has been my favorite of the healing class.

By the way, if anyone on XBL wants to play, I'm LibrarianGMR

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I was just in a game with a junkrat who was a straight up game ruiner. He was too fucking good. Like dude has been playing this game for years, coming in from every angle and shit.

VandalD

This game is straight up anti-fun when you get into a bad group. It doesn't feel like there's much room for one person to be able to turn things around, as group composition seems to matter so much. Not that I think I'm so amazing that I could turn things around on my own.

Are solo queuers being put up against group queuers in this game?

Woohoo! Just got my favorite highlight intro, D.va's eject and my favorite Tracer winning pose, Sitting and a pretty hefty currency drop! I still really miss my stuff from the beta though, my luck has been so much worse until now with the release version.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This makes me feel better about myself for some reason

It should. I myself constantly say im shit at games (and I am probably) but these people are ACTUALLY baffling.

Really enjoyed MFpally's first video, looking forward for more.

Zomba13

Level 15 and not a single Epic or Legendary skin....

Level 19 and my only purples have been an emote for Widowmaker, and emote for Mei, a Play of the Game pose for Soldier 76 and 150 coins. In the end I did have enough to buy the Anubis skin for Phara though. Now I just need to save up 1000 to get Lucio a nice Frog suit.

I really really really want to enjoy this, but I can't. This fucking mouse problem I keep having... it just won't go away. I thought I'd fixed it on like 3 separate occasions, but nope. It wasn't even a THING for most of the open beta! Then it started cropping up towards the end, and now it's a factor in every game. My mouse just... seizes up. The cursor stops, and the buttons don't work.

It's not the mouse, either. It works just fine in literally every other game than Overwatch. It's not about rapid inputs or anything either, I can just be standing in spawn, drawing circles with the cursor, and it'll hitch. Absolutely maddening.

Ugh all my teams were awful tonight. Can't heal the team when they're in every corner of the map not at the control point, so I hold it down. Then I had to play Reinhert and was the only person pushing the payload and just kept getting picked off because no one was taking out snipers or tracers.

Had to take a break.

Already with the mass rage quits.

I really, really hope mid game quitting gets a much harsher penalty. Right now it's far too lenient and now people are dropping the instant things go awry.

I feel a 15 minute lock out from queuing again would be a good start, maybe even deranking if it keeps happening.

vypek

COUNTERPICK
COUNTERPICK
COUNTERPICK
COUNTER FUCKING PICK.

Lol. Why won't people choose crowd control characters at all? Your healer shouldn't be the one getting onto the point.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
One of my earlier matches was at Ilios and a Pharah (I believe) knocked me down the hole in the center of the stage. Had I been any other hero I would've been fucked, but seeing how I was Lucio I motherfucking wallrode that shit back up to the top! I couldn't control my hype and I ended up popping off on the mic. XD

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really, really hope mid game quitting gets a much harsher penalty. Right now it's far too lenient and now people are dropping the instant things go awry.

I feel a 15 minute lock out from queuing again would be a good start, maybe even deranking if it keeps happening.

It'll never happen in Quick Play, once Ranked hits I hope for very severe penalties for leaving.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tracer seems super fun to play but im trash with her. I also get more bummed out when I die on her than any hero, like I think "Tracers dont die, they blink and recall so you are obviously shit" which is probably silly lol

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just got the lamest goddamn POTG with Bastion. I got on those moving platforms in the mech factory and just killed fools that didn't see it coming while I was passing by.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fuck Junkrat

I agree with this. Every way that he kills you is so annoying lol

tumblr_o697agC9tR1s6jzc5o1_500.gif

Wanderer5

I just got the lamest goddamn POTG with Bastion. I got on those moving platforms in the mech factory and just killed fools that didn't see it coming while I was passing by.

I once saw a Bastion AND a torbjorn turret on one of those platforms lol.

ExVicis

I think what upsets me about this game is the reluctance of people to change heroes. CHANGE HEROES PEOPLE. If you're running to the objective as a Tracer and dying every goddamn time to turrets maybe you should stop being Tracer. Getting tired of getting mowed down by Bastion? Change goddamn heroes. Not getting a lot of kills as Widowmaker, despite her being your favorite and best hero? You better believe you should change goddamn heroes. Entire team has trouble staying alive and is eating a lot of damage? Do I even need to say it?

This is a fluid game where a good play can turn around the whole game. You can't just be rigid and think "I really like Reaper and I'm the best at Reaper! Someone else be a Tank or support" because that's the kind of thinking that leads to the other team stomping you. Don't be stubborn about it, change heroes folks.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
is it better that there is no live scoreboard to look at while in game?

I think it's better. objectives should b #1 not k/d.

Yeah you can still see your k/d ratio but others not, Blizz wants people to focus on the capture point or payload instead of trying to be the nr. 1 fragger of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom