• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Spend entire match as Pharah

Get 33 eliminations, including a time where i kill 5 people in quick sucession

Got POTG

POTG is me killing one dude with a rocket then starting my ult and instantly getting shutdown by a turret without killing a single person

ffs

Zarya is no joke. So satisfying to use her. She's the only tank with a decently ranged weapon and it can become buffed as fuck with the right amount of damage blocking. Gotten really successful since I started using her.

What are your guys average energy at with her? Last I checked I think my average was 39.

Also hot tip, use your primary beam (for single targeting mind you/1v1 situations) up until you get down to about 5ish then finish off with a grenade shot. Normally it takes 25 but using it while having less then 25 ammo still produces the same amount of damage.

He`s not someone you want to be up close with. Dude can take a pounding, plus he has a good self heal. And that hook...

He has a mean left hook, yeah.

His biggest problem is being a battery for enemy ults.

Roadhog protip: Be careful about hooking D.vas. They have a tendency to explode.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally got a legendary skin, Young Genji.

POTG is me killing one dude with a rocket then starting my ult and instantly getting shutdown by a turret without killing a single person

ffs

I've gotten 3 POTG as Junkrat, the last one being nothing but me fucking up and killing myself with his ultimate then someone getting taken out by my body.

Seriously, did everyone need to see that? :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Finally got a legendary skin, Young Genji.

Ah too bad it's not this one:

maxresdefault.jpg

Tawpgun

Spend entire match as Pharah

Get 33 eliminations, including a time where i kill 5 people in quick sucession

Got POTG

ffs

Blizzard said they are working on potg selection.

I finally got a chance to play today for the first time since the beta. My first game I get a 15+ killstreak including one point where I seemingly kill 5 people in a row. Potg went to a solider 76 who got one regular kill and 2 with his ult

Josh5890

I just did my first game as a medic with mercy. Yea I'm going to be playing as her a lot. Resurrecting 4 players at once is awesome

Ken

I really wish they went the HotS route of giving out palette swap outfits and increased the amount of unique models instead. Like, maybe the current rare palette swaps could be slight model changes instead (like small hat and armor attachments), epics are model changes, and legendary could be model, voice and effect changes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How should I be playing Zarya? Thanks for the tips.

Get out there and spam right click grenades, self shield when you are taking dmg to both prevent dmg and boost your dmg, shield people near you to do the same on them, ult groups of people and spam right click on them.

1v1 use left click unless its speedy guys like genji or tracer, in that case just spam right click grenades at the floor around you lol

How should I be playing Zarya? Thanks for the tips.

Use the particle barrier as much as possible in long and medium range combat to absorb damage directed at yourself and convert it into damage for your weapon, and tag anyone who needs your projected barrier to also passively protect them AND add even more damage to your weapons. And use the ultimate to drag multiple targets together and leave them wide open for yourself and teammates to wreck.

I've gotten 3 POTG as Junkrat, the last one being nothing but me fucking up and killing myself with his ultimate then someone getting taken out by my body.

Seriously, did everyone need to see that? :(

I dunno, that sounds pretty magical to me.

In my experience, some PotGs are real whiffs, though it does a pretty good job overall of capturing the "key moment" of the match. Generally it's a play that was a deciding factor, like a team wipe or near-team wipe.

Though granted, a lot are Bastion just being Bastion.

Durden77

Wow, just got this game tonight and was psyched as fuck to play it.

8 hour update.

Way to go modern games. Guess I won't be playing until tomorrow night.

Ugh blocking like almost 40k damage as Reinhardt and still lose sucks. Nobody cleared the Pharah shooting rockets from the roof. >_> Would have rather played another character and have fun instead.

Well I certainly get some fun out of being a nigh unkillable wall and charging at squishies foolish enough to test me.

Had one game with another Reinhardt on the enemy's side and it was a blast trying to maneuver around and charge him while protecting the payload.

If people support them especially. When I see people not backing up their Mercy, I go in for the kill.

This has to be one of my favorite things about Tracer. Not only is she a great counter to Reinhardt she's also fantastic at zipping in to assassinate that damn Mercy they always have on tow.

Thoraxes

Damn, Lucio is so necessary in solo random groups. If we don't have one that means I'm him. Luckily I enjoy playing as him but hrmm :/
I always try to but my team is usually not good enough to coordinate in randoms.

And when they don't all work together, my healing as Lucio is just completely wasted.

Gilby

After playing more my biggest gripe is running back to the front lines after spawn and "no-skill-ults".

TF2 had shortcuts all over the maps to prevent running back for too long, and any ult that is basically "run into the middle of the other team and kill them all" is annoying as hell (reaper for example).

I really hope that as the game evolves they steer away from this stuff (better map and character designs) and while they're at it maybe tone down the character cringe (but that's always been a blizzard thing).

TF2 had shortcuts all over the maps to prevent running back for too long, and any ult that is basically "run into the middle of the other team and kill them all" is annoying as hell (reaper for example).

Always operate under the assumption the enemy has their ult, unless you know they just used it. If you see Reaper trying to come in you can probably guess what he's gonna do.

Thoraxes

Yo, how should I be playing Mei? I feel like I'm not being effective enough.
Don't attack the groups. Wall off approaches, wall off snipers picking off your team, take out stragglers that push solo, ice block on points/cart for either capping or defending, etc.

Always single out people and don't try to hit more than 1 person with your ice spray at a time.

Don't focus on killing as much as harassing. You should just make it unbearable for people to try to come near you.

Don't attack the groups. Wall off approaches, wall off snipers picking off your team, take out stragglers that push solo, ice block on points/cart for either capping or defending, etc.

Always single out people and don't try to hit more than 1 person with your ice spray at a time.

I love putting a wall between one guy on the enemy team and his partners as we go firing squad on the straggler lol

Reaper and McCree are my two biggest nuisances. I see some crazy good McCrees or some absolutely awful. I absolutely book it when I hear Die, Die, Die lol.

I just love when teams who were running around like headless chickens suddenly go "oh yeah objectives and shit" and turn games around. Doesn't happen often but it feels great.

Thoraxes

I love putting a wall between one guy on the enemy team and his partners as we go firing squad on the straggler lol
My favorite is when I get a Lucio trying to back up into a wall I used to separate him from his team :D

Seeing the panic in enemy movements in those last few seconds as the firing squad starts up is just priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom