• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Berry

Banned
I think I'd like to try Junkrat more and get better with direct shots if I can. Like using his ultimate a lot
Yeah direct shots is where it's at. I'm using old school quake 2 muscle memory or something lol. I'm landing almost all my pineapples, I even manage to hit pharah when she's in the air.

My favorite thing in this game is just watching people get their ult interrupted and die.

It's high...shot in the head.

I always see Reapers get demolished mid-ult.

"Die...DIE...D *gets killed*

Quick question: does Zarya's ultimate do dmg as well or just pull enemies in?

Azoor

http://www.strawpoll.me/10313747

Not really surprised at the top 6 :p My most played is Reinhardt and Winston according to my stats. Then Mercy in 3rd. I'd love a chance to do some damage one day if people would stop only picking dps characters

I kid I kid... kinda ;)

I'm glad Pharah is popular, she is my favorite of all the heroes. She is a blast to play especially in Arcade where I can fly and shoot unsuspecting foes :)

I wish the hero skins fit in properly with their backstory. Some of them seem fairly random and don't seem to fit their persoality or what they do; Lucios hockey skin, Junkrats Scarecrow skin, Soldier 76s Daredevil skin etc. I don't know if i'm missing something but they seem out of place to me.

DrArchon

Most of the epic loots I get are only gold... currently sitting at 2 800 G, gonna wait a new batch of costumes as I got that epic Thunderbird skin for Pharah, the only one that matters imo.

I've only seen one good gold drop, and that was a legendary one for 500 gold. Everything else is 50 or 150.

On a side note, whoever decided that you should be able to get doubles of stuff you've already unlocked should be taken out back and beaten with sticks. Getting doubles from random boxes is unbelievably annoying, and yeah they get turned into gold, but they get turned into such pitiful amounts of gold that it doesn't even matter.

A double of a rare Zenyatta skin -> 15 gold. Yeah, that seems fair.

kendrid

Banned
I was playing last night and one guy (finally) had a microphone. He was obnoxious though, saying things like "I guess you guys picked an okay team loadout." "I guess you guys are doing okay at this."

At the end we won and were going to be on offense the next round. He started to say "I am going to do something crazy, I am going to be Widowmaker on offense." Before he said Widowmaker someone else already picked her. He then said "oh, you want to be Widowmaker. I guess that is okay... fuck you! I want to be her! fuck you. I am out of here!"

After he threw his tantrum two other people started talking and asked WTF was up with him.

Dude, if you are on here, chill out. There can be two of the same class, even if it doesn't make sense. Or you know what, be someone else until the next round. And when you are talking to teammates stop being condescending. You aren't that good.

Ark

I wish the hero skins fit in properly with their backstory. Some of them seem fairly random and don't seem to fit their persoality or what they do; Lucios hockey skin, Junkrats Scarecrow skin, Soldier 76s Daredevil skin etc. I don't know if i'm missing something but they seem out of place to me.

They're supposed to be fun. It'd be boring if everything was tied to the reality of the game's lore.

Most played characters so far:

1. Roadhog
2. Zenyatta
3. Pharah

I love when a Mei fucks over their own teammate by blocking their escape path with an ice wall.

T.O.P

Banned
Mine are:

-Zenyatta
-Hanzo
-Reinhardt
-Reaper

Only thing about Zen that i don't really feel it's his Ultimate, other than that, best character

I always see Reapers get demolished mid-ult.

"Die...DIE...D *gets killed*

Quick question: does Zarya's ultimate do dmg as well or just pull enemies in?
It does a tiny amount of damage. 22, I think.

Only thing about Zen that i don't really feel it's his Ultimate, other than that, best character
His Ultimate is amazing! I don't use him much because his survivability has been nerfed too hard, but the ult is still fantastic.

Manoko

Did a game as the dwarf that builds turrets and man, so many eliminations. My turret placement wasn't even that amazing but it did a bunch of damage. And I only realised you could upgrade him on the next game. So good.

I can see myself being a builder when we are on defense.

Wait what ?
People died to your level 1 turret ?

How is that even possible ?

grimmiq

My top 4 are

Reinhardt
Symmetra
Mercy
Pharah

Though they're all pretty close.

Still haven't touched Genji, Hanzo, Zarya, Winston, Mei, Bastion, Junkrat, McCree yet...Their time will come.

w0s

Can someone explain to me why playing against AI takes time to find a match? I want to play at work and not worry about other people. Is this actually against real people? ...and if not then why the hell are there people talking in chat.

DrArchon

I feel like his ultimate is almost like Lucio's. It basically makes everyone around you invulnerable to normal attacks because the healing rate is so high. Use it for pushing objectives or counter-pushing the attackers. I never wait for everyone to be on low health before I pop it because they're probably gonna die anyway. I use it proactively.

grimmiq

Can someone explain to me why playing against AI takes time to find a match? I want to play at work and not worry about other people. Is this actually against real people? ...and if not then why the hell are there people talking in chat.

I thought VS AI was teammates are people enemy are CPU.

Most played characters so far:

1. Roadhog
2. Zenyatta
3. Pharah

I love when a Mei fucks over their own teammate by blocking their escape path with an ice wall.

i try to build the wall behind the opponent but my aim is so bad it just somehow end up in front and block my team from killing them. RIP. #badaimIRL

T.O.P

Banned
His Ultimate is amazing! I don't use him much because his survivability has been nerfed too hard, but the ult is still fantastic.

He had higher hp or something before?

The Ultimate itself could be good, it's the pugs i got in the last couple of days that had no fuckin clue what it does lol

He had higher hp or something before?

The Ultimate itself could be good, it's the pugs i got in the last couple of days that have no fuckin clue what it does lol
I don't think he had higher HP, but his orbs didn't require LoS to maintain. So you could pop a harmony orb on a Tracer or Genji and let them run rampant, or just peek discord orbs and let your teammates mop up. The LoS requirements force you to put yourself into harm's way more, and a single charged Widowmaker shot to the body ends you.

Ferny

It really is awesome how everyone has a different favorite hero and it's not a situation where people gravitate to just a couple of ones. It really shows how diversified the roster is.

It really is awesome how everyone has a different favorite hero and it's not a situation where people gravitate to just a couple of ones. It really shows how diversified the roster is.

I'm completely blown away by the balance of the roster. Every single character brings something to the table and is fun to control. Excellent job by Blizzard.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Your team mates are all real people and the AI uses common chat phrases like "GG" at the end of a match.

Except in the Weekly Brawl.

I've seen soooo many Meis. They're impossible to kill in that mode.

TheFatMan

I'm debating buying this game, but I just can't seem to convince myself. That makes me nervous.

I need something to do now that I get no No Mans Sky next month.

I'm debating buying this game, but I just can't seem to convince myself. That makes me nervous.

If you enjoy team based fps games get this game. It is just fun. I don't know how else to explain it. It's like fun incarnat

vypek

I've sort of been noticing that if a team only has a single teammate with a card at the end, they will typically all vote for that player to get epic.

Wondering if it is the same for GAF. Do you guys vote for your teammate if they are the only ones who got a card a the end?

Its kind of nice to see when a person is recognized by both teams and get like 7 or more votes

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Holy smokes this thread moves fast.

I've taken a liking to the lovable rat as well. I've been missing a go to defender, and slowly have been playing junkrat more and more on defense.

I really like Junkrat, he's my go-to on certain maps. He's a higher skill cap hero though, since you can't just blindly fire your grenades and expect to be OK. Setting up your mines and traps properly is a key aspect of his game, and when done properly he can really make the attackers' lives miserable.

Bittercup

First time I played Junkrat. Now that's a fun character.
Leveled up after the match and got his legendary hayseed outfit. Best outfit in the game :D
I think I'll pick him more from now on.

Can someone please explain to me why anyone would play Zenyatta solely as an offensive character? Sadly, I've ran into two in the past two days.

Another GAFfer said something along the lines of this, and I am tending to agree, that the general player mentality of lone wolfing it, choosing clone characters, and not playing for the objective are really ruining my enjoyment of the game.

I never played the beta and thought "isn't this just Battleborn in a different package?"

I've never been more wrong in my life. This game is fun, frenetic and spit-shined to hell and back.

I personally guarantee you will be happy with your purchase.

5d7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom