• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to disable spectator mode for myself? This might end up killing the game for me. I can't get into any games with friends without being in spectator mode. I would rather just not be able to join. Literally every friend game I join, I am in spectator mode. I even got an invite from a friend and landed in a party of 6, and the game had 4 of us (not me) plus 2 randoms. Wtf?? This is the worst party system I have ever seen, made especially bad by the need for a party in this game.

Why don't you just type /w YourFriendsName and ask if there is a spot open on their team? Or wait until the match is finished and have them back out and get you in the party?

I don't really get the complaint - maybe because I've experienced the hell that is shitty NAT party systems on Xbox but Overwatch feels extremely polished to me(on PC).

Can someone explain to me the difference between Health (White), Armor (Yellow), and Shields (Blue)?

Is there a difference at all, or is it just more numbers?

Like, do certain projectiles do more to health than armor or something?

abundant

The group is called support, not healers. I'm going to bet we are going to get more support people that aren't based around healing. Support is a broad scope.

The problem people are having with Symmetra being labeled as Support is that it's misleading. She's the only Support that needs another Support if you are attacking.

Misleading as in the message of No Supports goes away when picking Symmetra. For Attackers, you would still need a healer.

Nice try, Tracer.

npkTvGg.gif
I hooked a Pharah out of the sky and into the blast radius of a D.Va explosion. I was so proud of myself.

Baliis

Can someone explain to me the difference between Health (White), Armor (Yellow), and Shields (Blue)?

Health is normal, nothing special, can be healed. Armor can be healed like health and gives damage reduction. Shields regenerate over time.

Listonosh

I wish the hero skins fit in properly with their backstory. Some of them seem fairly random and don't seem to fit their persoality or what they do; Lucios hockey skin, Junkrats Scarecrow skin, Soldier 76s Daredevil skin etc. I don't know if i'm missing something but they seem out of place to me.

I think that does fit. I'm sure I've heard him say something about not bringing his equipment for a quick pickup game, or something along those lines.

markwaters

Neo Member

Health is how it is in every game. You die at 0 health.

Natural shields are like health, except they will recharge without healing or health packs. Symmetra's shields just act like extra health and do not recharge.

Armor reduces incoming damage and natural armor heals like health with health packs or support healing. Torbjorn's armor pack just acts like extra health with the benefit of the reduction. The damage reduction is a flat reduction of 5 points for any damage that is 10 or more (i.e. 25 damage does 20 to armor). It is 50% if the incoming damage is less than 10 (i.e. 6 damage does 3).

therapist

Any good strategies against 4+ bastions on defense?

I played a match yest , we took A in no time but B was just impossible , 4 bastion turrets seems a bit OP.

I guess maybe Genji , or the reaper to get close , or maybe the mech with the shield to counter it?

i got mcree's gambler skin its nice

Zemm

There's only one class I feel needs tweaking and that's Mei, like her freeze gun should be half the range it currently is and she'll feel more fair. All the other classes seem fine balance wise.

Whales

Banned

I played a match yest , we took A in no time but B was just impossible , 4 bastion turrets seems a bit OP.

I guess maybe Genji , or the reaper to get close , or maybe the mech with the shield to counter it?

all genji, reflect their asses

mbpm1

Heard people say to go Farah

Health is how it is in every game. You die at 0 health.

Natural shields are like health, except they will recharge without healing or health packs. Symmetra's shields just act like extra health and do not recharge.

Armor reduces incoming damage and natural armor heals like health with health packs or support healing. Torbjorn's armor pack just acts like extra health with the benefit of the reduction. The damage reduction is a flat reduction of 5 points for any damage that is 10 or more (i.e. 25 damage does 20 to armor). It is 50% if the incoming damage is less than 10 (i.e. 6 damage does 3).

Symmetra's shields do recharge.

Zemm

Also the amount of mcree's and reapers and soldiers and pharrahs you can destroy with roadhogs chain when they're doing their ultimate is so so satisfying.

I'm so glad they prioritise enemy sounds and voices over your own team, as soon as I hear one of their ultimate sayings it's time to hook them in.

mstevens

Do lifetime stats make any sort of difference in this game or matter at all? I'd like to experiment with several heroes but I know it's gonna be ugly for awhile.

Rize_21

A mlg Bastion will wisely shoot some preventive bullets and wait for Genji to finish his deflect animation before releasing the rain bullets. It works wonder.

abundant

all genji, reflect their asses

I found the best strategy to counter a stacked team is to go all in with their counters. I played a game last night where the Defending Team went with multiple Torbjorns, so we went with multiple Reinhadts and destroyed their puny turrets with ease.

nOoblet16

It's ridiculous how battle.net works.
So they have battle tags becuse people can change names at any time and have duplicates, but Battlestar separates that..yet if you want to add someone from a different region you have to change your own region to the person's you are trying to add..and when you do add you only see the friends who are from that region in your friend list and not any of your friends from your own region.

Multiple Genji and Winston's, two Winston's would disrupt the game enough to provide distraction for Genjis.

Permanently A

A mlg Bastion will wisely shoot some preventive bullets and wait for Genji to finish his deflect animation before releasing the rain bullets. It works wonder.

An mlg Genji uses the deflect as cover to close the distance, swift strike in and farm Bastion's core.

An actual mlg Bastion gets up and hauls ass when he sees the Genji coming.

And no one on your team thought to swap to widowmaker and two shot it?

Or Reinhardt and shield it?

Or Winston and shield?

Or...or...or...

I love how the game presents so many options but right now the meta is to complain about how something is broken as opposed to thinking of a character that can stop the "unbeatable"

Zeliard

I really like Zarya, but I hate how her ultimate is pretty worthless if you're not playing with friends or communicative pubs. It's one of the best ults for its utility, but only if your team is on point and can communicate well.

If you have a high enough charge when you pop the ult you can wipe them all out with Zarya alone. Just lob some bombs in there and finish off any straggler with your primary. You can literally get an entire enemy team wipe with Zarya alone.

vypek

I found the best strategy to counter a stacked team is to go all in with their counters. I played a game last night where the Defending Team went with multiple Torbjorns, so we went with multiple Reinhadts and destroyed their puny turrets with ease.

Did you win? Wondering if we played together. This sounds similar to a match I had last night. We were rolling with 6 Tor for a while but the enemy team couldn't finish pushing the payload.

nOoblet16

An mlg Genji uses the deflect as cover to close the distance, swift strike in and farm Bastion's core.

An actual mlg Bastion gets up and hauls ass when he sees the Genji coming.
This is true, if the Bastion is still set up and not moving then he is not 'mlg Bastion".

Also you can stand on top of Bastion and he won't be able to hit you if he is set up while you can keep hitting him. He wouldn't even know you are on top of him because he can turn just as fast as he normally can so he will just try to check his corners and by the time he is able to do something it's too late.

It's generally the better option if you've got a jump on a full health Bastion and are playing Genji because if you just shoot his core he will turn and then you'll have to fight him normally while he keeps shooting.

vypek

It was close (came down to two Overtimes), but we won in the end.

Ah okay. Sometimes I wonder if I run into gaffers while I am playing. Our opponents last night used multiple Rein for a while and it worked for some time until they got to a big open area where we could set up the turrets to flank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom