• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
50 is a melee hit, how is that too good? :/ I was gonna say make it at least 50 lol

Tracer and Genji can be annoying to kill when they're not running around with the 50 shields.

35 might be better, but I don't know if that would end up making her viable enough, tbh. Percentage might be a better solution.

Damn Lucio is now my top played character, helps that every single match no one plays as a healer, well I guess I'll be healer this time guys...

Seriously hope people get over playing the offensive characters and Hanzo soon. It's a relief entering a game and finding someone else playing support for once.

Heh, this is me. Lucio and Mercy are my two most-played characters.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Quick reminder: Competitive play is only available at level 25.

So if they patch it in and you're not level 25+ you can't play that mode.

Any tips to playing Widowmaker?
Create a custom game and run around the maps seeing what you can grapple and where you can get to. Learning the maps is huge for Widow. You can also cancel mid-grapple by jumping. And if you jump right at the moment of landing, you can kinda propel yourself onwards. All useful if you're being chased.

Find a rhythm for 100% charged shots, but don't be afraid to spam if an enemy is near death. Even a short pause takes the shot into the 30-50 damage range.

Don't bother aiming for the head on 150HP characters (Zenyatta, Tracer), as any charged body shot will do.

If you're finding it hard to land shots, go into the options and turn down both your sensitivity and the relative scoped aim sensitivity for Widowmaker (go into her custom controls to do this).

Your poison trap is less about dealing damage and more about alerting you to flanking enemies. Use it as an alarm system, not to kill. On this note, listening for footsteps as Widow is even more important than with other heroes.

Reposition after you get a few kills, because good enemies will countersnipe or hunt you down. Bail out if a Winston or Genji or Reaper comes after you; you are highly likely to lose those fights. Keep moving from your current spot.

Only use your ultimate when it will be useful, i.e. not when the enemy team is respawning or walking back to the point. If someone calls out a flanker in the backfield, use your ult to help people track the threat.

Kane1345

Hated Winston in beta, love him in the full game. Go figure.

Mei is my girl but I've hardly played with her because pub teams are nearly always missing a tank or healer for me so I try and fit that role. Well at least I like Winston now and he has that explorer skin thats kinda cool.

ExVicis

Just another D.Va play of the game

I managed to catch this on shadowplay lol, didn't realise at the time so I was tabbing to see stats.

I saw a PotG yesterday that was just a Mercy bringing one person back to life then dying as I shot her.

still more than Sym's shield :p
I agree with you, at least make it the exact amount of damage a melee does.

I could have sworn I was buffing alive teammates repeatedly.
I've only ever been able to buff alive teammates once before they died. I've never seen it happen twice on someone in the same life.

Zaventem

It's a nobody wants to push the payload episode. When you get 7 kills as a mercy and a gold medal you know your team was fucking shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I could have sworn I was buffing alive teammates repeatedly.

the shields recharge, thats the whole point :) I thought you would be applying them all the time myself at first (again, like Tassadar) and didnt understand why sometimes the button wouldnt do anything

I've been able to make some smart play against turrets using Winston's deployable shield - instead bubbling up your team, it pays off to block a Bastion's / Torbjörn firing lane. It'll only last briefly but it's enough to get a few teammates into a flank.

I usually put it up, wait for the turret to get distracted and gorilla-pounce them if within range.

This game is really, really fun, especially playing with even one friend / teammmate.

Character diversity is awesome so that you can try various playstyles. My actual favourite trio is D.Va as tank, Junkrat as defender and Mercy as support.

I've played for 3 hours today and the highlight today for me is being assaulted by D.Va next to the convoy in the Hollywood map, she ejected from her mecha for autodestruction, we were doomed my 3 teammates and I, and then a teammate playing Reinhart speared the mecha and dashed the danger away, sacrificing himself.

woah.gif

ExVicis

I've been able to make some smart play against turrets using Winston's deployable shield - instead bubbling up your team, it pays off to block a Bastion's / Torbjörn firing lane. It'll only last briefly but it's enough to get a few teammates into a flank.

Mei's Ice Wall is also useful for this. Mei's Icewall is probably the most useful Utility ability in this game I feel.

I am wrecking people with Mei

W r e c k i n g

How is she rated 3 stars? She doesn't seem hard to use at all.

she was arguably the most buffed toward the end of the closed beta. i think she got a buff in most patches.

her alt fire used to be useless, shot insanely slow, not good damage. its great now.

markwaters

Neo Member
honestly no idea.

I thought it was pretty much a known fact that she's absurdly good.

Nah. We're so ridiculously early in the game's lifespan, people are still getting caught out by things they aren't familiar with and just aren't as mindful as they should be because they're learning the game.

Mei is good, sure, but against experienced players, you need excellent positioning, perfect timing, and good teammates or her utility falls off a lot. A lot of heroes can escape her and harass her and make her waste her skills or draw her attention from the fight. McCree can completely shit on her. She's excellent at denying areas and isolating players, but it's not like it's trivial to accomplish those things.

styl3s

For the past 20 minutes it just puts me in a skirmish then boots me and puts me into another skirmish over and over and over it's getting infuriating. I wish i could just set a option that will keep me on the home screen till it finds an actual game.

azyless

For the past 20 minutes it just puts me in a skirmish then boots me and puts me into another skirmish over and over and over it's getting infuriating. I wish i could just set a option that will keep me on the home screen till it finds an actual game.
Good news for you, there is

Actual

So I had this great clutch moment last night where I held the payload at bay with my team for about 5 minutes in the same spot. I would love if some of you could watch it and tell me what you think about my play as Reinhardt. I want to improve, and he's easily my favorite hero right now, so if you could point out ways I could have been defeated, I would love that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL_iF6Oe1Ws

Had some great matches last night on teams that actually seemed to know what the goal of the game is. Discovered that with Lucio you can wall ride to a back-door entrance of the first control point on Volkskya Industries from right outside the spawn (Tracer, Reaper and Genji can get there too). A Tracer and I got there and held it long enough for the rest of the team to get there and we took the point in no time at all.

I think right now symmetra is the least useful hero overall. I think she needs a weapon more effective like Lucios.

Or maybe if her turrets gave her extra shields when they hit enemies.

Right now I don't see much reason to use her especially in capture the point maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom