• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgejjvr

A few questions for other PS4 players:

- When someone asks for an invite, and it says press Y or N, how the heck do accept it?

- Is there no way to leave a lobby with your whole group? Everyone I've been playing with has just been quitting and reinviting.

These have all most likely been answered before, but this thread moves so fast.
And my work blocked NeoGAF. ;_;
I have the same questions..

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Level 23 lootbox is worse than a Level 1... why Blizzard?

2016-05-2620_48_29-ovijjwd.png

Both sets have origin stories. McCree was head of a gang. Recruited by Reaper.

Roadhog and Junkrat have their own video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kTATxt7bE&index=2&list=PLAYFVhxsaqDvyfbAiUIz7TLA23E_tRbC7

Oh. Well that's not nearly as fun :(

exYle

Does anyone know how McCree's 'Whoa There' achievement works? It says you have to interrupt another player's ultimate with your flashbang. I hit Soldier 76 with a flashbang while he was using his ultimate then I dropped him, but it didn't drop.

antitrop

Does anyone know how McCree's 'Whoa There' achievement works? It says you have to interrupt another player's ultimate with your flashbang. I hit Soldier 76 with a flashbang while he was using his ultimate then I dropped him, but it didn't drop.
Maybe you have to do it just as he says "I've got you in my sights", like before the visor actually gets set up.

Maybe you need to stun and kill them before they kill anyone else?

I got it from a Reaper Death Blossom shutdown.

ExVicis

Oh. Well that's not nearly as fun :(
Well yeah your imagination can come up with all sorts of crazy nonsense that is far better than the reality. It's the principle Dark Souls was basically found on.

If it helps, before Roadhog became who he is today and Junkrat's partner he did live in the Australia Outback fighting Omnics(Robots) out of anger.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
And my crate streak continues, yet another triple grey, we'll hit the 15 in a row mark soon.

SUPARSTARX

I have no idea how to be effective at D.Va. I always feel like I'm not really accomplishing very much with her.

She moves slow when she is shooting but she has unlimited bullets and the range diminishes a bit but I like to use this to harass people from kinda mid range. Once they start hearing the pip sounds they run and disorganize themselves.

She's pretty good in close range as she can just spray and pray away and kill people.

Defense matrix is nice to use when there's a big burst of shots coming and you can unload a bit on them during their reload.

Learn to launch her suit detonation with shift and then Q. Point up in the sky and lob that baby over. It's pretty good to surprise people sometimes. A lot of people will scramble sometimes but I think if you shoot it high enough at an angle it'll detonate before it lands and kind of blow up mid air--which they may not be looking too far up above their heads sometimes.

Out of the suit I think it's pretty easy to spray and kill people with her pistol. The reach is great and fire rate is sufficient. I like to zigzag left and right and send a flurry of bullets at people around the head area and it usually does the job if I'm not pinned down.

Pretty much nobody crouches in this game. Aim for the chest to head area and you're set.

pantsmith

Amusingly, a friend and I were paired up against an entire team of Torbjorns last night and made absolutely no progress against them.

A big part of that is my lovably, clueless teammates who proceeded to feed turret kills the entire match and refused to switch up what they were doing. But still. Making any kind of progress was brutal while being shot from six different turrets and their respective Torbjorns any time I tried to get in close to flank them.

My question: whats an ideal counter to this? I was thinking Reinhardt popping a shield while a Bastion picks them off from behind it. Anything else glaringly obvious you can think of?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone having issues with voice chat on PC? Google returns a lot of results for people having issues. Microphone works for everything else, other games, Discord, setup on Windows. It's the default device and anything else I've disabled. I've yet to hear a person since the beta too, so I'm not sure what's up. If I toggle the headset icon off and on, I can hear the 'chrip' for that game when I hit the tap to talk button, but no chirp for the following game unless I toggle it again. Definitely in the group and everything too. A bit frustrating.

I'm level 21 and people are still just picking whatever heroes they feel like playing without any real consideration for the warning messages.

Yeah I was assuming so. I guess once the honeymoon phase of the game is over and people move on to the next big release more team minded players will be leftover.

Brandwin

I was having trouble backing out after a game ended last night. It's the options button right? I am probably getting that -75 exp for not backing out in time.

ISOM

Amusingly, a friend and I were paired up against an entire team of Torbjorns last night and made absolutely no progress against them.

A big part of that is my lovably, clueless teammates who proceeded to feed turret kills the entire match and refused to switch up what they were doing. But still. Making any kind of progress was brutal while being shot from six different turrets and their respective Torbjorns any time I tried to get in close to flank them.

My question: whats an ideal counter to this? I was thinking Reinhardt popping a shield while a Bastion picks them off from behind it. Anything else glaringly obvious you can think of?

Reaper and use his invincibility to close the distance. You may have to plan out a route so you have cover. Pharah and her rockets are good as well.

Apathy

I am sick of roadhogs chain 1 being so fucking long, 2 that I get stunned. Like ok fine, drag me in, but why stun me if you can instant kill me, how about giving me a chance to defend myself, and 3, pulling me through fucking walls

pigeon

Banned
Any good strategies against 4+ bastions on defense?

I played a match yest , we took A in no time but B was just impossible , 4 bastion turrets seems a bit OP.

I guess maybe Genji , or the reaper to get close , or maybe the mech with the shield to counter it?

i got mcree's gambler skin its nice

We recommend you try countering Bastion as Genji, Hanzo, or Widowmaker.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm level 23, have 22 loot boxes to open, should I wait till I get 50 or hell 100 then pop all of them lol

Just stockpiling them, I'm OK just collecting them

Had a great game with some Gaf peeps, we kept nearly losing and turning it all around at the last moment. Awesome games, certainly night and day playing with people from here who think about what they're doing as opposed to random matches.

I'm on PSN: InciteSyne and always open to more Gaf players :)

pigeon

Banned

D.Va. One E eliminates every turret shot you can see while teammates attack. Then ult to destroy the turrets, they can't run from the self destruct.

LordofPwn

so i kinda made a working OW health meter in after effects...

like i can input or drive total health manually or with a spreadsheet and animate taking damage, how much shields or armor a character has, etc. could make some cool shops with this to troll reddit... now to build character frames and index referenced player portraits...

it's been a slow week at work

Torbjorn is great. My most played character. The problem is that when you play in public lobbies, you often end up with 2-3 Torbjorn setups, which is shit, and you often end up with Torbjorns who don't lay down armor, which is even more shit.

I poop out armor.

But you're right - I had no idea he was capable of doing that until I played as him, because I had never seen someone else as Torbjorn drop them lol

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to the gaffers for the gamers earlier today. Was fun and we won quite a few games!

Still only level 14..I've now 6 hours play time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom