• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions for other PS4 players:

- When someone asks for an invite, and it says press Y or N, how the heck do accept it?

- Is there no way to leave a lobby with your whole group? Everyone I've been playing with has just been quitting and reinviting.

These have all most likely been answered before, but this thread moves so fast.
And my work blocked NeoGAF. ;_;

Danj

Played against someone that was made entirely of salt.
Got super mad that he lost, told everyone to kill themselves, and to eat his shit.
We used "mindless tactics" to beat him. By piling on the objective to force overtime and capture it.
This went on for five minutes. What a lovely individual.

you know you can report people that do that right

All right I'm in let's go! thank you everyone for your help

nYGWvzg.png

Bienvenido, agregame, juego casi todas las noches OmegaMan#1511

that's just PS4. nobody talks ever.

haven't heard many speak during pub games either on PC.

I'm playing on PC, and it's one of my favorite things about the game. I never want to hear people in a public game. NEVER.

I'll talk with my friends while I play, but I've got no interest in chatting with people I don't know. And chatting of course, I mean basically saying anything at all to me about the way I play the game, or blasting music, or listening to their kids scream in the background, or racial slurs, etc. The benefits of speaking to a team or humorously quipping with a stranger can't outweigh all the negatives.

Rockyrock

Nah. We're so ridiculously early in the game's lifespan, people are still getting caught out by things they aren't familiar with and just aren't as mindful as they should be because they're learning the game.

Mei is good, sure, but against experienced players, you need excellent positioning, perfect timing, and good teammates or her utility falls off a lot. A lot of heroes can escape her and harass her and make her waste her skills or draw her attention from the fight. McCree can completely shit on her. She's excellent at denying areas and isolating players, but it's not like it's trivial to accomplish those things.

I've never played the game or even watched gameplay at higher levels yet (I probably will in the near future) so at that level you might be correct.

but just at a 'pub' level which the majority of users will experience the game on she is one of the best characters IMO, especially in capture matches.

- She has an easy to fire weapon (with an insane mag size)
- Great alt fire to give her range
- Great utility with her ice wall which provides area denial, shielding and be used for vertical movement
- Great self heal/sustain which recharges pretty quickly IMO
- Amazingly useful Ult

It's hard to find a place where yoou wouldn't want a Mei on your team in a public match

Rize_21

I am wrecking people with Mei

W r e c k i n g

How is she rated 3 stars? She doesn't seem hard to use at all.
Her icewall game has an extremely high skill level, most of Meis are all about M1...M2 rinse and repeat, imo her real role is to be a disruptor, she can block snipers position/ separate enemy team just like she can trap her own allies to their deaths, and block some ults like D.Va to save her team.
She has much more utility than freezing peeps here and there.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing on PC, and it's one of my favorite things about the game. I never want to hear people in a public game. NEVER.

I'll talk with my friends while I play, but I've got no interest in chatting with people I don't know. And chatting of course, I mean basically saying anything at all to me about the way I play the game, or blasting music, or listening to their kids scream in the background, or racial slurs, etc. The benefits of speaking to a team or humorously quipping with a stranger can't outweigh all the negatives.

Yep. Plus it's easy enough to keep up with what needs done without chat in this game, and on PS4 the few randoms on mics I ran into before muting/going into a private party have mostly been annoying.

Do you guys have any theories on the character's origins?

I think that Mcree is a movie star, hence the western set in the hollywood map and his overall over the top cowboy getup.

Roadhog and Junkrat are bros who live in an apocalyptic earth, but time traveled back to current day to join the fight. That, or Australia got nuked and became all apocalypse-y.

Actually got to play with two Gaffers last night (invite was from GunViolence) and had some fun, even if the other three on our teams wasn't great. a Rein/Mercy/Mccree combo moved payloads pretty effectively while everyone else kinda did whatever.

Her icewall game has an extremely high skill level, most of Meis are all about M1...M2 rinse and repeat, imo her real role is to be a disruptor, she can block snipers position/ separate enemy team just like she can trap her own allies to their deaths, and block some ults like D.Va to save her team.
She has much more utility than freezing peeps here and there.

Aye

This is true

Roadhog is so much fun. He's a one-man apocalypse after all.

"DEATH FROM AB-" *hook*

"IT'S HIGH NOO-" *hook*

"DIE! DIE! D-" *hook*
"Experience Tranquili-" *hook*................................

...............……............................................

"There is chaos within y-" *Dead*

Timeaisis

I am wrecking people with Mei

W r e c k i n g

How is she rated 3 stars? She doesn't seem hard to use at all.

I agree she should probably be two stars, but it's really easy to screw your team with the ice wall. A good rule of thumb is use it to cut off movement, not projectiles, unless your team is taking lots of damage. Otherwise, throwing it up every five seconds just for disruption usually disrupts your team just as much as the enemy. Apart from that, yeah she's relatively easy to use. And she can rivals Roadhog for survivability (I think Mei is better at it, actually).

Fun tip: Mei's ice wall blocks D.Va's ult.

I think that Mcree is a movie star, hence the western set in the hollywood map and his overall over the top cowboy getup.

Roadhog and Junkrat are bros who live in an apocalyptic earth, but time traveled back to current day to join the fight. That, or Australia got nuked and became all apocalypse-y.
A lot of this stuff has been fleshed out in the comics, animated shorts, etc.:

http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/McCree
http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Roadhog
http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Junkrat

Recall

so where are the PS4 players? is there a spreadsheet or list of active players as i woild like to see how itgoes grouping with others. cheers

Dad

How does Mercy's revive work exactly? Is it entirely based on line of sight with player souls or is there a range too?

Real Hero

Just got the game and played through the training stuff, first impressions are it feels like a proper Tf2 sequel so its pretty amazing.

Jolkien

Wtf the other team always gets overtime but when we are seconds away we dont.

Really inconsistent.

It's not inconsistent at all. If someone is contesting the objective after the timer runs out you are in overtime. When they don't contest it the overtime goes down when it clears the game finish.

Both sets have origin stories. McCree was head of a gang. Recruited by Reaper.

Roadhog and Junkrat have their own video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kTATxt7bE&index=2&list=PLAYFVhxsaqDvyfbAiUIz7TLA23E_tRbC7

Yep. Plus it's easy enough to keep up with what needs done without chat in this game, and on PS4 the few randoms on mics I ran into before muting/going into a private party have mostly been annoying.

I think it's a sign of a good game. Similar to something like Splatoon, the goals are self-explanatory enough that people should be able to understand what they should be doing without some a-hole yelling at you.

Realistically, if people are going to play poorly, or not play the objective, listening to someone yell at them isn't going to improve things.

Drewfonse

Mei and Tracer make me feel dead inside.

This man speaks the truth. They both annoy the shit out of me. Although Tracer IS fun to play as.

I count punting MEI with a Lucio alt fire off of a cliff at the beginning of ROUTE 66, just as she had fucking frozen two teammates, as a high point so far. I literally yelled yeah bitch! at the Tv.

antitrop

Which character(s) make you the most Triggered™? Junkrat and Genji for me.

It's definitely Junkrat for me. I was hearing the sound of his ult in my sleep last night.

For those that are higher level (I am at 10 right now) does the pub experience improve at all as far as team compositions go? I am almost always playing support classes and sometimes tank because most get pair up with gravitates towards Genji/Widowmaker/Hanzo. I don't mind playing support classes I just don't want to always have to play them out of necessity because everyone else is trying to lone wolf.

I'm level 21 and people are still just picking whatever heroes they feel like playing without any real consideration for the warning messages.

For those that are higher level (I am at 10 right now) does the pub experience improve at all as far as team compositions go? I am almost always playing support classes and sometimes tank because most get pair up with gravitates towards Genji/Widowmaker/Hanzo. I don't mind playing support classes I just don't want to always have to play them out of necessity because everyone else is trying to lone wolf.

For the guy asking what sensitivity, Im playing on 10/5 on the ps4 version.

Guys gonna echo some of this D.VA and tracer love. Maneuverability is awesome. When I die with tracer I feel like its my fault for putting myself in a bad situation and/or not timing my abilities right to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom