• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

I guess it's true what they say, Bastion really does feed on tears. I had some dumbass on my own team, after a crushing victory, talking shit apparently just because I topped the charts. Guy was furious. Best part was when everyone laughed at him.

ISOM

D.Va is also incredibly good at clearing out turrets. Fly in and get up close with your shotguns. Or use self-destruct. Try it out.

There are so many ways to counter things, people complaining about a character being OP or whatever seem silly.

Yeah, I've played with some great random teams. Of course I've also played with some terrible teams, like the last match I played.

I think randoms will get better in general over time once people start realizing that it's an objective based game and how to play their roles. Right now people are experimenting with heroes, learning map layouts, or coming off other FPS games with different meta. I'm looking forward to going up against evenly matched teams once people grasp all that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you know who counters Bation nicely? 76. Rifle + rockets is some nice burst, I kept killing one earlier but they had 2 and the second kept killing me lol. But he takes that robot out fast man.

76 is fun

_Legacy_

you know who counters Bation nicely? 76. Rifle + rockets is some nice burst, I kept killing one earlier but they had 2 and the second kept killing me lol. But he takes that robot out fast man.

76 is fun

He's good, I prefer Widowmaker though. Sweetest thing is seeing them come out from the resplendent base as a different character.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
2016-05-2617_50_48-ov72kre.png

I love how you're posting this like some kind of badge of honor. You're so salty actually. Wishing death upon the player's mother is my go-to pull for Techies pickers in Dota.

i dunno, i'm pretty noob and i had no issues. i didn't even play the beta. maybe it's just game experience. :p

I mean he's easy to counter so I'm assuming the ones making an actual stink about the character are the ones who can't comprehend counterpicking or basic strategy in general. They're just mad they can't point and click at Bastion until he dies.

vypek

I know it will never happen but I would love some bonus damage to occur if all of Lucio's primary bullets hits a target. Often feels like I am the only one willing to take potshots at turrets/Bastions.

It is nice to see people run or move out the way when you are firing into them though

I have no idea how to be effective at D.Va. I always feel like I'm not really accomplishing very much with her.

Play her as a diversion tool rather than a flat tank. Her boost can get you in a sniper's face and her guns will shred them. The boost also knocks people back - you can use it to push a reinhardt or winston out of the way, bonk people off of the point/payload, or displace people starting their ult.

She's kinda the closest analogue to a jungler in a MOBA besides maybe Tracer. Get in, disrupt, get out.

ExVicis

Yup, would rather people pick hanzo on my team if they want to snip, takes less effort and does more than a widow does unless a person has skill, then it's reversed.
Absolutely, I feel like people really need to realize if they suck as Widow they need to stay off her if the match is in it's final minute.

What DPI are people using on their mouse on the PC version? I've brought mine down to 800 and seem to be doing OK with 10 sensitivity, just curious what other people tend to use.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Legit buff talk time? Symmetras shield should be a bit bigger. What is it, 25dmg?

FaintDeftone

Play her as a diversion tool rather than a flat tank. Her boost can get you in a sniper's face and her guns will shred them. The boost also knocks people back - you can use it to push a reinhardt or winston out of the way, bonk people off of the point/payload, or displace people starting their ult.

She's kinda the closest analogue to a jungler in a MOBA besides maybe Tracer. Get in, disrupt, get out.

I'm a D.VA player and I primarily use her as a support character. I stick to the background and take potshots at enemies and try to bait large groups into my self destruct ability. That seems to work for me. She seems effective against players with shield abilities.

Rhaknar

Honestly, I'm in favor of dumping her in the defense category and balancing her turrets/tele accordingly.

Well yeah but they wont do that. They didnt do it for Tassadar, they wont do it here.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What DPI are people using on their mouse on the PC version? I've brought mine down to 800 and seem to be doing OK with 10 sensitivity, just curious what other people tend to use.

800 / 16 sens. I could do with reducing the sens a touch as I tend to overshoot on a couple of heroes.

LordofPwn

7 Hours in, level 17

over an hour with Widow, almost an hour with lucio.

40W - 23L

kinda want to get a team later where i play mercy, and we bait out opposing team ultimates so i can just rez everyone after they die.

btw Mercy needs a *puts sunglasses on #DealWithIt" emote

Symbiotx

Widowmaker is so good! Use the grappling hook to get to a good vantage point and go ham when they pour out. I went 19/1 with her last night!!

I can't remember. Like 2,400 dpi/7 sensitivity? Or something?

I use a lot of highly mobile characters (Genji, Tracer, Winston) that need to be able to turn on a dime, though.

Onemic

Ya, this is how I play her. With her super high survivability you can keep the enemy in constant fits.

Jito

Banned
Damn Lucio is now my top played character, helps that every single match no one plays as a healer, well I guess I'll be healer this time guys...

Seriously hope people get over playing the offensive characters and Hanzo soon. It's a relief entering a game and finding someone else playing support for once.

I have no idea how to be effective at D.Va. I always feel like I'm not really accomplishing very much with her.

She's more offensive than most tanks, don't just sit on the frontline soaking up damage, use the boost to flank the enemy or pick off turrets and supports.

If you can distract the enemy with suppressive fire (that infinite no-reload ammo is super useful for controlling space), baiting attacks from the back or side, or using your ult (use it primarily for forcing the enemy to move out of cover, not just trying to rack up the perfect multi-kill) then you are doing your job. Or if the enemy team is already busy focusing on your allies, she is very dangerous if she can boost up behind their front line and take out the weaker heroes quickly from close range.

The sign of a good D.va is not how many people she can blow up with her mech, dont be afraid to just lose it in exchange for a kill, because if you are aware of your space you can very easily get out to safety and quickly re-mech to continue fighting. Like her armor and health is great and all but don't waste it by playing safe.

george_us

D.Va is also incredibly good at clearing out turrets. Fly in and get up close with your shotguns. Or use self-destruct. Try it out.
Definitely. I love flying up high towards a Torbjorn/turret or Widowmaker using D.Va and watching folks 'nope' out of there. This game is too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom