• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

got a great POTG coming in late to a game as junk. nope not riptire, hollywood, last section, jump all the wy, one nade to a widow, looked down, one nade to a moving junk, one to a bastion, turn the corner up top to see a mei and mercy, 2 nades out both dead

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
LiQuid!
I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Well it wasn't a badge of honor but I guess it is now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
A few quick questions:

So what is the level cap to this game? (if there is one)

No cap, reach level 100, you get prestiged back to 1, maybe special emblem or some shit
To get everything you need roughly 3.5 prestiges to get everything

And is leveling up going to be the only way to earn loot boxes without paying real money?

Looks like it. Maybe they do bonus loot boxes down the line, like log in everyday and get 1 or some shit
Event based loot boxes too...

And have they announced how competitive ranked is going to work? - Like is it going to be seasons that reset every month or w/e. and hopefully reward some loot boxes and other goodies depending on how high up you place.

I think Rank comes in June (end). 3 month seasons and then reset. If you go to your profile there's an insignia that says Challenger, in guessing the better you do in Rank, the better Rank play you'll get. Think Socom if you've ever played it. Captain ranks had their own lobbies, butterstick (Lieutenants) theirs. Lose your Captain wings brought dishonor, you always wanted them back haha

I think this what it is. Correct me if I'm wrong

So glad I played the beta so I knew which character to play as for the final release.

Let's see if I can rack up 100 hours of nothing but SYMMETRA <3

I knew playing Mei was the right choice. She's the Pyro of this game in both gameplay style and levels of salt they induce.

The levels of outplay she offers with both defensive walls and offensive walls to allow her to reach roof tops by planting the wall beneath her like an elevator are too great to be believed.

1st round we absolutely wreck the opposite team, making them not even able to get out of their spawn. Round 2, 2 people on my team switch to Widowmaker and I'm thinking to myself "guys plz don't do this" we get decimated. 3rd round they stay as widowmaker, this picture summarizes how I felt.
8f7.jpg
Every god damn time. When people switch up a team that's obviously working I just want to cry, then they're so slow to try and switch it again when we start to fail, if they ever switch at all.

Rockyrock

No level cap

Yes

In the closed beta it was said to be monthly seasons, but they've gone back to the drawing board after community bitching. No word on how it will appear when it goes live.

Thanks.

kinda weird people would complain about having seasons in ranked play. Is having a stagnant rank really better to people? once you hit max rank what is there left to do.

At least with seasons you the constant carrot on a stick mentality. And its also a great way to offer rewards for playing.

Every god damn time. When people switch up a team that's obviously working I just want to cry, then they're so slow to try and switch it again when we start to fail, if they ever switch at all.

My favorites are the sniper players (Widow, Genji) that ignore even attempting to capture the point. Even when the match will end if they do not help. What goes through the mind?

Tabby

I think this what it is. Correct me if I'm wrong
Just to add on to what you said about ranked

There's 5 ranks and 5 tiers within the ranks. The lowest rank is challenger and you won't be able to lose any elo, meaning you can only go up.
After that it works like you'd expect, win games you go up, lose games you go down. The last rank is like Challenger in League as in you can compare how you stand compared to other Challengers.

I might be wrong but Jeff talked about it a while back, it's on YouTube.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Pubs never ever fucking learn... KILL THE FUCKING MERCY!

2 Hanzos shooting at a Reinhardt's shield, yes keep agitating him, don't mind the free kill you can flank too

Stupid Hanzo players, most just want to pull their Ultimates, funny enough most people are escaping them, that intimate will become useless soon enough

It will go from a full offensive move to a disperse move ala Winston

LiQuid!

Where do you see your stats?

You can check your player profile in game, or just go check on the website:

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/us/LiQuitas-1110

Thanks.

kinda weird people would complain about having seasons in ranked play. Is having a stagnant rank really better to people? once you hit max rank what is there left to do.

At least with seasons you the constant carrot on a stick mentality. And its also a great way to offer rewards for playing.

I don't think it was the seasons itself that was the problem, it was the fact that they were so short and something about the way the way the progression wasn't skill based but time based. I didn't follow that part of the beta closely.

StayDead

Thanks.

I'd be fine if the rank reset, but if your level reset? That'd be annoying.

Jblanks

The levels just equals time played. Match making probably uses an internal MMR derived from wins/losses.

Those level 30s are probably just as bad as the level 4 and 6 as far as the game is concerned.

Yea that wasn't how the game turned out unfortunately lol.

How long will it take for randoms to realize this game isn't team deathmatch? My god.

Apparently forever. I normally play with 3-4 friends so going back to solo queues is jarring to say the least. Most people don't even get near the objective or aren't willing to play a character other than one that's an attacker or sniper.

Nottle

Whenever Hanzo gets POTG, it's always the lamest thing ever. He screams TOKI WO TOMARE and bam, everything dies. What an amazing player.
Can we just get a character that is DIO? Tracer is like right there. I just want a guy that actually freezes time as his ult.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dumb question: how do I change my emblem for my profile card thing.

In the tabs on the top left side, there's one that says "player icon" and it's where all the icons you unlocked go.

Uthred

Got into a game, second round of CTF, the enemy at 99%, shockingly we lost, amusing to see two Widowmakers on my team. The matchmaking should have a cut off point, there's no point putting someone into a match that close to the end.

Pubs never ever fucking learn... KILL THE FUCKING MERCY!

2 Hanzos shooting at a Reinhardt's shield, yes keep agitating him, don't mind the free kill you can flank too

Stupid Hanzo players, most just want to pull their Ultimates, funny enough most people are escaping them, that intimate will become useless soon enough

It will go from a full offensive move to a disperse move ala Winston
Sometimes I feel like the only Hanzo interested in using Sonic Arrow.

Use your damn abilities people.

How long will it take for randoms to realize this game isn't team deathmatch? My god.

Yeah, I first started out playing with 2-3 friends so I didn't notice, but my first REAL randoms I was flabergasted.

We weren't even losing, was just constant trading back and forth with the other team, except we were attack, so since no one was even going near the control point, we just lost, and since I was the only one trying to move towards it, I'd get destroyed as the rest of my team was way back.

The game does really need some more communication to what the Match Making is.

I think they should at least add a TDM, and then allow players to choose which modes they want to play. Maybe in the future, who knows.

The game has way higher highs than any other MP shooter I've played in ages though.

Apathy

My favorites are the sniper players (Widow, Genji) that ignore even attempting to capture the point. Even when the match will end if they do not help. What goes through the mind?

"I'm a bad ass 360 no scope sniper and can kill the whole team with one bullet cause I do it in CoD all the time"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Once I played a game where I, as Mercy, had the gold medal for eliminations for the first half of the game then the silver medal until the end.

I wasn't even trying to shoot people but my allies kept dying while I was left to fend for myself.

That wasn't a very pleasant game.

zoukka

Even gaffers can be stubborn -.-

Played attack in Anubis and opponent had a full on bastion/thorbjörn setup going on and our guys just didn't change heroes to match them at all. We had 6 minutes to win and it was painful to watch us bang our heads against their setup. I guess people changed heroes at the last minute after I whined, but it was too late :b

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when you have 4 gold medals and a silver in healing (lol) with 76 and you still lose.

Im just 1 man gaf ;_;

Once I played a game where I, as Mercy, had the gold medal for eliminations for the first half of the game then the silver medal until the end.

I wasn't even trying to shoot people but my allies kept dying while I was left to fend for myself.

That wasn't a very pleasant game.
raw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom