• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jblanks

What's with the matchmaking?

I'm level 20, friend is level 15, puts a level 4, and 6 on our team and the other team has 4 30+s ...

Mupod

Amusingly, a friend and I were paired up against an entire team of Torbjorns last night and made absolutely no progress against them.

A big part of that is my lovably, clueless teammates who proceeded to feed turret kills the entire match and refused to switch up what they were doing. But still. Making any kind of progress was brutal while being shot from six different turrets and their respective Torbjorns any time I tried to get in close to flank them.

My question: whats an ideal counter to this? I was thinking Reinhardt popping a shield while a Bastion picks them off from behind it. Anything else glaringly obvious you can think of?

I always laugh when I see this setup and then I switch to Zarya. The turrets fire mindlessly at her barriers which means 100 charge at all times. You can peek through cover and lob energy orbs at the turrets, which usually also have a Torbjorn standing next to them. Two balls will usually do the job for each one. Molten Core upgraded turrets are more of a problem, but still temporary. And in my experience a fully charged Zarya can generally 1v1 an ult-ing Torbjorn in close range.

Man, I don't know what happened to some of the community today, but it seems fucking toxic. Like CSGO level. People are just talking crazy shit and calling teammates out like crazy this morning. Didn't see that at all yesterday.

I noticed that today as well. I couldn't stop laughing at some of the shit being flung.

One person was calling Tracer one of the easiest heroes in the game because he kept dying to one.

What?

s3MytxD.gif
Can you walk me through this GIF? I'm curious to know your thoughts.

I never get any cool loot. I'm at level 23 now and the coolest thing I've gotten was the tracer mach 10 something outfit. I want some genji shit. I've been spamming him and I'm getting pretty good with him if I do say so myself. Quite the learning curve. (didn't beta)

Sifl

1st round we absolutely wreck the opposite team, making them not even able to get out of their spawn. Round 2, 2 people on my team switch to Widowmaker and I'm thinking to myself "guys plz don't do this" we get decimated. 3rd round they stay as widowmaker, this picture summarizes how I felt.
8f7.jpg

Apathy

People need to learn what teamwork means.

Don't just go alone wait for the others.

They also need to learn to not overextend consider there are full team clear ults. Lost nepal cause we captured the point, and instead of staying near, no my team decides to push their spawn,

One zarya ult and my team is dead and the other team came and capped and then the idiots I was with could never get it back

Quonny

Man, this game is not fun without a premade group or even just a friend or two.

This was going to be my "unwind from League and shoot some fools" game, but now I care too much. I play a game solo and there's no urge to play another.

It's sad. :(

Trace

Banned

This was going to be my "unwind from League and shoot some fools" game, but now I care too much. I play a game solo and there's no urge to play another.

I agree with the friend statement, however I have not had success with large groups. You go up against other 6 man premades and get shit on when they're actually good.

Moonlight

Banned
I don't think any stack of heroes in the game frustrates me more than doubling or tripling up on Hanzo. Fuck you. You're not Seagull. You're just sitting there in the rafters a million miles from the objective getting your ass killed because you can't aim and getting maybe like one kill off a ryuu ga waga go fuck yourself then doing it all over again. Meanwhile the actual team is basically playing 3v5.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's with the matchmaking?

I'm level 20, friend is level 15, puts a level 4, and 6 on our team and the other team has 4 30+s ...

The levels just equals time played. Match making probably uses an internal MMR derived from wins/losses.

Those level 30s are probably just as bad as the level 4 and 6 as far as the game is concerned.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
i love how you're posting this as some kind of badge of honor lmao

Nah, not a badge of honor, just funny how pretty tame insults by Dota standards send people into a tizzy in this game. I know it's different crowds tho.

Onemic

I disagree. I've had tons of fun alone and in groups.

Uthred

Nah, not a badge of honor, just funny how pretty tame insults by Dota standards send people into a tizzy in this game. I know it's different crowds tho.

Yes I too find it hilarious that people don't default to wishing death on others parents when they lose in a videogame.

MGrant

Hanamura? More like Chokepoints: The Map. In the first area, a defending team who knows what they're doing with snipers and turrets can turn the whole area in front of the main gate into a killzone. That means attackers are reliant on having at least two of Pharah/Genji/Reaper who can get in the upper left path and be a distraction without dying instantly. But too bad, your team has two Hanzos and a Bastion for god knows why, so good luck, asshole.

/salt

Trace

Banned
Hanamura? More like Chokepoints: The Map. In the first area, a defending team who knows what they're doing with snipers and turrets can turn the whole area in front of the main gate into a killzone. That means attackers are reliant on having at least two of Pharah/Genji/Reaper who can get in the upper left path and be a distraction without dying instantly. But too bad, your team has two Hanzos and a Bastion for god knows why, so good luck, asshole.

/salt

And then you get into the last point against a Widowmaker that knows how to aim, a Bastion, a Torbjorn, a Reinhardt defending the Bastion, a Mercy damage boosting the Widow, and a Soldier 76 that seems to have a permanent aimbot.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yes I too find it hilarious that people don't default to wishing death on others parents when they lose in a videogame.

The death wish isn't the funny part there. The bunched undies are. Toxicity in video games rolls off of me. Dota has battle hardened me.

De_Marco

I wasn´t sure if the game was for me, but traded in some old ass games at gamestop and really had a lot of fun yesterday.
But when I reached level 10 some hours ago, the game put me in teams with equal level guys but always against level 20-29 players. Needless to say we always got crushed and after 10 or so matches I just couldn´t go on. Hopefully it will change again.

Dad

/salt

Don't worry, my defending team always just runs out to the enemy gates and dies with zero regard for chokepoints

/salt

The maps all look super pretty, but a lot of them have some Dustbowl tier chokepoints.

I wasn´t sure if the game was for me, but traded in some old ass games at gamestop and really had a lot of fun yesterday.
But when I reached level 10 some hours ago, the game put me in teams with equal level guys but always against level 20-29 players. Needless to say we always got crushed and after 10 or so matches I just couldn´t go on. Hopefully it will change again.

If the teams were that stacked, I would have gotten out after one match.

Rockyrock

A few quick questions:

So what is the level cap to this game? (if there is one)

Is leveling up going to be the only way to earn loot boxes without paying real money?

And have they announced how competitive ranked is going to work? - Like is it going to be seasons that reset every month or w/e. and hopefully reward some loot boxes and other goodies depending on how high up you place.

LiQuid!

/salt

Chokepoints don't stop a determined Reaper/Tracer/Genji.

There's always a solution.

A few quick questions:

So what is the level cap to this game? (if there is one)

And is leveling up going to be the only way to earn loot boxes without paying real money?

And have they announced how competitive ranked is going to work? - Like is it going to be seasons that reset every month or w/e. and hopefully reward some loot boxes and other goodies depending on how high up you place.

No level cap

Yes

In the closed beta it was said to be monthly seasons, but they've gone back to the drawing board after community bitching. No word on how it will appear when it goes live.

Ken

Level 23 lootbox is worse than a Level 1... why Blizzard?

https://abload.de/img/2016-05-2620_48_29-ovijjwd.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Cmagus, post: 204747966"]I managed to get two legendary outfits from one loot box for Mercy and Torbjorn.[/QUOTE]

Destroyed.

mstevens

Hate to ask again but:

Any way to check to see if you have the xp penalty from quitting matches?

and

Do you get the penalty if the server disconnects you? Because that has been happening a lot to me.

Tabby

Had 6 Meis on Arcade mode. Just the 6 of us constantly putting up walls and stopping them from leaving. I'm going to miss Arcade when it leaves.

pigeon

Banned

/salt

Going the upper left path is a fool's game. I know you're going there and I know you're alone. Also your team was definitely playing Hanzos to climb up there.

Crossing the courtyard is the hardest part of Hanamura but you should occupy the building immediately to the right of the gate and use that as your staging to get across the courtyard to the bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom