• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximo

How do you find that?

Its in the OP few last lines of it I believe you have to quote to reveal so its Members only.
Edit: Will mention since im up the top If anyone is playing on PC come join the Discord server we have going, just quote the OP to reveal it. Just below the Community image.

Tomorrow is payday and it'd be nice to see "You have 50 loot boxes" again.

Actually I might try to find a copy of the Collector's Edition artbook instead. Is there a lot of lore stuff in there? Or is it just mainly stuff taken from the site

LiK

Had a pretty mixed session today. Started out bad but ended up fun especially after I got a group together altho we ended up against a pretty strong team and kept losing to them.

I like JunkRat. Surprisingly powerful character.

Kadin

Happens to me every single time I walk away from the PC for a break. I come back to the game being in window mode on desktop and I have to manually switch it back to fullscreen under options every time. Don't know if it happens if you have set it to Borderless Window.
Just tried it on borderless windowed and it doesn't do it but I take a pretty big hit to fps. Guess I'll have to wait until they figure it out.

Sianos

How do you push through the first chokepoint on Anubis? It feels absolutely brutal versus a competent defense.

Edit: That competent defense couldn't push through our team either, so I'm not sure what's up.

Thoraxes

Reaper is OP as fuck.

G9uUoEA.png
Hey now, I got a 50 Elim/20k damage round with Junkrat!

sgjackson

How often do randoms pick support? I enjoy maining Mercy but if people are going support a decent amount of the time in pugs I feel like I should have a tank (probably Reinhardt) and a defense class (probably Torbjorn or Junkrat) in my pocket. If nobody ever heals I'll just continue riding the Mercy train because I'm having a blast.

Ambient80

How often do randoms pick support? I enjoy maining Mercy but if people are going support a decent amount of the time in pugs I feel like I should have a tank (probably Reinhardt) and a defense class (probably Torbjorn or Junkrat) in my pocket. If nobody ever heals I'll just continue riding the Mercy train because I'm having a blast.

My own anecdotal evidence shows that tank and support are almost always the last two chosen, meaning usually the last two people aren't particularly thrilled with choosing either of them (and sometimes just won't lol).

LiK

My own anecdotal evidence shows that tank and support are almost always the last two chosen, meaning usually the last two people aren't particularly thrilled with choosing either of them (and sometimes just won't lol).

sometimes i think people should just choose who they're good at. can still win.

I didn't like playing tank until I got my Blackhardt skin for Reinhardt.

sometimes i think people should just choose who they're good at. can still win.

I agree, I've won plenty of games with no tank or support.

TheRed

No. Welcome to my world.

Spent about 300+ so far.

Well damn, I can't imagine if you played Dota 2 with all it's really nice cosmetics, or do you? That game has got me to spend around $100, but that's with thousands of hours in game and it was free so I felt I wanted to throw some money their way.I have no urge to buy any loot crates at all.
Yet

Ambient80

Well damn, I can't imagine if you played Dota 2 with all it's really nice cosmetics, or do you? That game has got me to spend around $100, but that's with thousands of hours in game and it was free so I felt I wanted to throw some money their way.I have no urge to buy any loot crates at all.
Yet

For god's sake, don't mention CS! Lol.

did you get what you wanted tho?

Yup got my favorite skin color for Mercy and got the Gundam Skins for Pharah.

You've honestly spent $300+ buying cosmetic items?

Well yes, I honestly hate the loot boxes are randomized instead of favoring your most played characters.

So instead of just grinding and hoping for a small chance of actually getting something I want, I said F--- it. Not bragging or anything but with all the overtime pay I get, it's not that big of a hit.

Savitar

Pharma has become my favorite character to play, I'm always zooming around the sky and getting more use to the control of it, being above enemies raining down death upon them.......it makes me feel warm inside.

jotun?

So Zenyatta.. is he just awful, or is there something I'm missing?

With little health, no maneuverability, no CC, no self-heal or shield or anything, he seems way too vulnerable to.. everything. Get into the action and he'll die to splash, stray bullets, and real snipers. Try to hang in the back, and he'll die repeatedly to any half-competent Reaper, Genji, Tracer, Pharah, or Winston who decides to go after him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At this point, they're going skinner box with it, but I honestly think your chances to get Legendaries/Epics should go up the higher level you get

Pharma has become my favorite character to play, I'm always zooming around the sky and getting more use to the control of it, being above enemies raining down death upon them.......it makes me feel warm inside.
Pharma eh? Is she a new healer? Does she drop antibiotics, pain killers, anti-inflammatories, and some Xanax for Winston to use so he can calm down after using his ultimate? ;) :)

Just kidding. :)

KuroNeeko

Hey everyone,

Just curious what you all think is the best way going about learning a character. I'm at player level 9-ish on PS4 and didn't participate in the Beta.

The characters I like playing the most are D. Va and Mei. I also enjoy Lucio, Zenyatta, and Zarya at times.

So far, I usually switch characters to try to fill whatever role my team is missing, but the end result is that I'm not really familiar with any characters. I'd like to learn how to use Mei better, but she seems to contribute very little to the team.

I just don't feel like I'm contributing anything (except when I play Lucio). I'd like to learn how to play Hanzo, Widowmaker, and Symmetra one day.

tl;dr: Should you just pick one or two characters and stick with them even if it means a wonky team composition or just keep playing and switching and it will come to you eventually?

I feel like I should wait for ranked to come out. At the moment there are too many frustrating pub stomping tactics and no one uses a mic and would rather play as edgelord and call of duty it dying to a bastion turret all game without switching to a counter.

Dear GAF, today I learned that hitting Mei's Ice Wall ability twice while placing it rotates it 90 degrees.

Game Changer.

It's a great way to get up to high places. Do that, spawn the wall directly beneath you, and get somewhere Mei couldn't otherwise go. Mei isn't exactly the most mobile character in the game, but she can definitely get around in ways people don't expect.

Slixshot

Banned
So Zenyatta.. is he just awful, or is there something I'm missing?

With little health, no maneuverability, no CC, no self-heal or shield or anything, he seems way too vulnerable to.. everything. Get into the action and he'll die to splash, stray bullets, and real snipers. Try to hang in the back, and he'll die repeatedly to any half-competent Reaper, Genji, Tracer, Pharah, or Winston who decides to go after him.

I would say he's the most offensive support. You gotta use his debuff all the time and pop around corners to attack. Heals are dealt out whenever needed, of course!

Hey everyone,

Just curious what you all think is the best way going about learning a character. I'm at player level 9-ish on PS4 and didn't participate in the Beta.

The characters I like playing the most are D. Va and Mei. I also enjoy Lucio, Zenyatta, and Zarya at times.

So far, I usually switch characters to try to fill whatever role my team is missing, but the end result is that I'm not really familiar with any characters. I'd like to learn how to use Mei better, but she seems to contribute very little to the team.

I just don't feel like I'm contributing anything (except when I play Lucio). I'd like to learn how to play Hanzo, Widowmaker, and Symmetra one day.

tl;dr: Should you just pick one or two characters and stick with them even if it means a wonky team composition or just keep playing and switching and it will come to you eventually?

Play everybody as you see fit, eventually you'll be familiar with everyone enough to fill in any team lacking a role. Otherwise, you're relying on other to switch to complement your teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom