• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrant

My fear of Roadhog when I play as Mercy is very real.

giphy.gif

LordofPwn

Wow, I played a ton in the beta and this week, but I just now realized the difference between "eliminations" and "final blows."

I was wondering why it often gave me an elimination when it seems like someone else made the actual kill.

overwatch is the only game that makes me feel good about getting assists, like i've never felt bad about getting a kill stolen by a teammate. not having a k/d constantly breathing down your neck is also nice.

This should be the official image of Overwatch

ozQuGXL.png

I feel pretty lucky, I can't recall very many matches where someone on my team didn't pick a support. And the few times we haven't had one, I've filled in the gap myself.

overwatch is the only game that makes me feel good about getting assists, like i've never felt bad about getting a kill stolen by a teammate. not having a k/d constantly breathing down your neck is also nice.

That is probably my favorite thing about this game, it gives every player a chance to shine in their own way. The medals and commendations awarded at the end of a match, combined with the lack of a KDR scoreboard during matches, mean you can relax a little bit and focus on your role and helping the team rather than saving your own skin.

Calcium

Banned
I just can't get a handle on D.Va whatsoever. When I'm going up against her she seems really capable, but when I'm controlling her my mech goes down so fast and the guns feel so weak. I want to like D.Va, but I'm much better with Reinhardt and Winston. Haven't even touched Zarya and Roadhog yet. So many characters, so little time.

It will never happen but I would kill for a DJ Professor K skin for Lucio (or any Jet Set Radio skin for that matter). Just seems so perfect.

Also OT2 suggestion:

Overwatch |OT2| Torb, have Mercy on Mei

LordofPwn

Level 20 and no skins -at all- for me... not even gold...

have you gotten any legendaries? if not i think your next loot box will have one. i think there's a pitty drop after 20. could be mistaken though.

my first loot box was legendary young Hanzo, my lvl 19 loot box was legendary Reinhardt. lvl 20 and no drops for Genji yet.

Okay, so who has the shittiest ultimate?

My vote is for Roadhog. It doesn't push people as well as Pharah's rocket or even Lucio's soundwave. It doesn't do enough damage to actually scare anyone off. It doesn't provide any shield, health or invulnerability so as to prevent just being shot to death.

It sucks. And I love Roadhog.

have you gotten any legendaries? if not i think your next loot box will have one. i think there's a pitty drop after 20. could be mistaken though.

my first loot box was legendary young Hanzo, my lvl 19 loot box was legendary Reinhardt. lvl 20 and no drops for Genji yet.

I didn't get mine until 27, I don't think the pity drop exists.

Xeteh

Any advice on how to get better with Mei? I keep doing bad panic ice walls or just plain bad placement.

Keep at it. Ice Walling takes practice, hell I'm still bad at it. Just get out of the habit of throwing up ice walls in the middle of a fight to block random stuff. You're blocking both teams.

Ice Walls are great for separating a team when they walk through a choke, blocking ultimates like D.Va's or McCree's. I also use it for an escape when I'm iceblocked around a couple enemies, once you get out of the block, place an ice wall below you and climb to the other side.

Try to be aware of your team too, if you have a Roadhog your walls can destroy him. Can't tell you how many times a Mei has blocked my hooks. If you do, you can instantly bust your wall down by pressing the hotkey for it again.

Okay, so who has the shittiest ultimate?

My vote is for Roadhog. It doesn't push people as well as Pharah's rocket or even Lucio's soundwave. It doesn't do enough damage to actually scare anyone off. It doesn't provide any shield, health or invulnerability so as to prevent just being shot to death.

It sucks. And I love Roadhog.

Widowmaker, Winston, or Roadhog

Keasar

This should be the official image of Overwatch

ozQuGXL.png

The world doesn't derserve or should have this game cause it is incapable of playing it.

So fucking tired of picking support all the time cause I am 100% sure nobody else and we will loose the match even fucking harder unless someone goes with it. So tired of seeing nobody with flexibility to actually choose ANY OTHER HERO than the first they pick.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
today I'm finished. Like..I want to delete the game lol. Something went horrible horrible wrong in most games. two games won, every other game lost :/..

Kurita

So huh I want to buy the game but Battle.net seems fucked right now?
Keeps telling me my login infos are wrong, I changed my password, still the same error.
What

I don't know what the tier lists are right now, but I think Mercy has to be topping it. On a team where she is protected she will turn the tide of a match. I have been in a situation where basically we took out everyone at the first capture in hollywood. Mercy had just enough health, got away and revived everyone and we got stomped. In attack I like playing mercy, or I'll play an offensive character and keep an eye out for her.

Yeap her ult is game changer, it's so good. <3 Mercy

Matt Frost

No, no legendaries at all so far... No even purple ones, just white and blue all along... I should start to worry if there is a drop after level 20... Damn

The world doesn't derserve or should have this game cause it is incapable of playing it.

So fucking tired of picking support all the time cause I am 100% sure nobody else and we will loose the match even fucking harder unless someone goes with it. So tired of seeing nobody with flexibility to actually choose ANY OTHER HERO than the first they pick.

I really don't understand it either because Lucio should be crazy popular. Mobile, passive boosts galore and does just enough dmg to be a threat.

pigeon

Banned
I just can't get a handle on D.Va whatsoever. When I'm going up against her she seems really capable, but when I'm controlling her my mech goes down so fast and the guns feel so weak. I want to like D.Va, but I'm much better with Reinhardt and Winston. Haven't even touched Zarya and Roadhog yet. So many characters, so little time.

Use E to deflect enemy shots when you're coming in or backing out. Use your vertical mobility to take alternate routes into close range. You have better vertical mobility than anybody in the game except Pharah. Don't shoot at range unless the enemy is really low, because your guns are basically automatic shotguns with infinite ammo. Your ult is not for getting kills, it's for destroying emplacements and clearing the point.

NZerker12

Equip it with pride.

I tried but it is so hideous I had to go back to default
her best costume anyway

Don't complain, level 25, first legendary, it was Zarya's arctic skin. A character I don't play and an even worse skin

Well you can understand my disappointment when I get a legendary skin and its not for the character I wanted it for.

Level 20 and no skins -at all- for me... not even gold...

Funny enough I got it at level 12 I believe, I am now currently lv 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom