• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcium

Banned
Use E to deflect enemy shots when you're coming in or backing out. Use your vertical mobility to take alternate routes into close range. You have better vertical mobility than anybody in the game except Pharah. Don't shoot at range unless the enemy is really low, because your guns are basically automatic shotguns with infinite ammo. Your ult is not for getting kills, it's for destroying emplacements and clearing the point.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I play her which is part of the frustration. I just haven't had a good match with her so far.

Any advice on how to get better with Mei? I keep doing bad panic ice walls or just plain bad placement.
Flanking is great. Enemies start to slow after a second or so of fire so most can't react. When they're frozen, Always do an icycle to the head. On defense, Use the wall in combination with the ice block. Time it out so you hide in the block right after it breaks. The wall should be ready again right after. As far as placement goes, try to use it to block enemy movement more than protect people. If you do it to protect people, you'll find yourself blocking more of your teammates shots, and forcing them to move out of position.

You can also solo contest the point better than just about any other character. Take advantage of that. If they are near the payload, contest it and keep yourself alive as long as possible. The distraction should be good enough for your teammates to help.

Wanderer5

Had another PotG with Torbjorn today, which was a fail attempt at taking out my turret while me and a D.Va were attack from behind lol.

B.O.O.M

I feel that one capture point level (hollywood I believe) is incredibly unfair to attackers. There's one-two entrances to the area. Both real close to each other. So they are essentially convenient choke points for the defenders. Have a turret and bastion up with one sniper and shit is a massacre lol

NZerker12

So has anyone here fallen into the pit surounding the capture point in Lijiang Tower when trying to get the correct position to teleport to the open window as Reaper.

Anyone?....No doubt it is probably only me.

Stopping a Genji using his ultimate in his tracks is really fun.

hiding in my ice when hanzo's ult is active lol. along with d.va's suicide.

Does ice wall block some damage of his ult though or does it just destroy it. either way. RIP my team. didn't mean to live without you. but someone had to stay alive long enough on the checkpoint lol.

MGrant

Widowmaker, Winston, or Roadhog

Winston's ultimate heals him to full health, though. Which makes his job of getting in and scattering an entrenched team even easier.

Roadhog's can be good if you walk up behind a group and get it off at point blank, or sneak up on a Bastion, or even just want a guaranteed free kill off a hook. Synergizes well with Mei and Zarya's ults, too. You just can't run towards attacking foes with it.

I'm actually gonna say Pharah has the worst. It's essentially just "please hide now for five seconds. If I'm not looking at you, kill me for free."

I was playing a Bastion and a Reaper tele'd directly in front of me. He didn't make it out of the animation.

lol yeah. That's a mistake you only make once (hopefully)

I'm actually gonna say Pharah has the worst. It's essentially just "please hide now for five seconds. If I'm not looking at you, kill me for free."

I might agree with this, only because it's very situational and hard to use. Most opt for the shift jump into the air and fire on the point but that just makes you a target in skeet shooting for McCree, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Genji, Soldier 76, Zenyatta...anyone who can fire in a straight line, really.

Wow I guess according to that Master Overwatch site I'm 19-5 with Lucio. I kinda don't want to use him anymore in fear of wrecking that good winning percentage.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol

CjfEgVYWEAAYWYf.jpg

A reaper got mad at me last night because he teleported right in front of me while I was scoped in with Widowmaker lol

Not my fault his head materialized in front of me

Plumpman

Did they fix the shit where sometimes you'll pull enemies through yourself with the hook as roadhog?

This happens to me quite often and its infuriating.
It seems to happen mostly when I pull off a crazy hook from an awesome angle, and the game just nope nope nope's me. :D

pigeon

Banned
Winston's ultimate heals him to full health, though. Which makes his job of getting in and scattering an entrenched team even easier.

Roadhog's can be good if you walk up behind a group and get it off at point blank, or sneak up on a Bastion, or even just want a guaranteed free kill off a hook. Synergizes well with Mei and Zarya's ults, too. You just can't run towards attacking foes with it.

I agree with this, actually. The more I play Pharah the less I want to use her ult. Even if I get in the perfect position to use it, it doesn't kill people fast enough to prevent them from killing me.

It either needs to do more damage, or give Pharah some armor, or something to make it so that turning and shooting her isn't the natural counter to it.

sora87

Holy SHIT, just faced a genji who was impossible to kill and destroying us in seconds of getting back to the payload. He definitely shouldn't be getting paired up against level 7-10 people

nOoblet16

Widowmaker, Winston, or Roadhog
None of them are bad...especially Widow maker's and Roadhog's ultimate.

Widow's ultimate is not selfish, and it helps the team immensely. Roadhog's ultimate can pretty much push the entire team off from anywhere while killing low health characters and he can do so on his own due to his high health.

Winston's ultimate is a distraction, couple up with Lucio's ult he can hold any point or get people off purely on the basis of attrition.

I'd say Tracer has the worst ultimate since it is easy to avoid, she cant throw it far and it has a shit blast radius. On top of that it mostly just kills one person. Her Ult provides her with nothing that she can't do on her own...except for a kamikaze run straight up to a Bastion to kill him, but she can do the same without her Ult if she goes behind him.

Moonlight

Banned
"Retarded team", Hanzo says, and as his name comes up on Play of the Game he tells us 'see, only one who did shit'. On screen, he gets a 3 point elimination with an arrow and whiffs his ultimate. Clip ends.

yeah, amazing my dude

rrs

Okay, so who has the shittiest ultimate?

My vote is for Roadhog. It doesn't push people as well as Pharah's rocket or even Lucio's soundwave. It doesn't do enough damage to actually scare anyone off. It doesn't provide any shield, health or invulnerability so as to prevent just being shot to death.

It sucks. And I love Roadhog.
Tracer, a bomb that's pretty easy to avoid and you can only throw it like 3 feet in front of you
"Retarded team", Hanzo says, and as his name comes up on Play of the Game he tells us 'see, only one who did shit'. On screen, he gets a 3 point elimination with an arrow and whiffs his ultimate. Clip ends.

yeah, amazing my dude
I saw one of these awful POTGs when I felt I did better

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is anyone watching seagull right now?

how the fuck is he so damn good with Genji? holy shit, this is ridiculous.

If Blizzard sees this they will nerf his ult so hard lol.

Ambient80

lol yeah. That's a mistake you only make once (hopefully)

I might agree with this, only because it's very situational and hard to use. Most opt for the shift jump into the air and fire on the point but that just makes you a target in skeet shooting for McCree, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Genji, Soldier 76, Zenyatta...anyone who can fire in a straight line, really.

Yewh the few times I use her now I use her Ult on the ground. Jumping in the air is just suicide.

Zeliard

Is anyone watching seagull right now?

how the fuck is he so damn good with Genji? holy shit, this is ridiculous.

If Blizzard sees this they will nerf his ult so hard lol.

They aren't nerfing anything, Seagull and others have been playing Genji for months and Blizzard is aware of how he's played.

They've already nerfed his damage and nerfed Zenyatta's orb, so Genji is in a good place now.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Most fun ult?

Mine is D.VA's. Even though I rarely get many kills with it, I get excited whenever I have the chance to use it.

nOoblet16

Is he a pro in some other game or wtf is he
He was a top TF2 player (which makes him top quality in this one by default) and he has been playing Overwatch for a while nowhis, description says he is "waiting for the conpetitive scene to start".

What it doesn't say is that he is waiting for it to start so that he can smash everyone else.

I feel like Genji's ult and Reinhardt's hammer have really annoying hitboxes, but I dunno if they will fix that.

Most fun ult?

Mine is D.VA's. Even though I rarely get many kills with it, I get excited whenever I have the chance to use it.

D.Va's is great, I like anything that sends the enemy team into a panic and causes them to split up like D.Va or Mei.

But I love Reinhardt's. The satisfaction of a HAMMER DOWN! and watching them all fall flat on their ass to be picked off by my DPS friends.

I think pulling off a good Reaper or McCree ult is the most satisfying though.

fhqwhgads

This should be the official image of Overwatch

ozQuGXL.png
9 times out of 10 playing support on a team that doesn't ever pick them is never going to defend you at all. Can't count how many times I've been on teams filled with Roadhog/McCree/Reaper that won't ever defend support characters.

The hard bot match was actually sort of challenging and fun. The game I dropped into the humans were losing and there was a duo of bot Reapers running around unchecked. Got things a bit under control with McRee then we clustered around the payload and showed more teamwork than most pvp games I see.

Most fun ult?

Winston

Enemy team crowding on the point then you get to pop the ult and punch them off the cliff. It's one of the best feelings in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom