• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love playing around with the sprays with other players. Overwatch just got a new best waifu:

9qEbfGb.png

My favorite is this -

Zarya and Reinhardt's arm wrestle sprays can line up!

So seriously am I the only one getting a problem where my character keeps moving forward after I let go of the forward key? Also needing to press the back key twice before my char starts to move backwards?

jacobs34

I don't know what the tier lists are right now, but I think Mercy has to be topping it. On a team where she is protected she will turn the tide of a match. I have been in a situation where basically we took out everyone at the first capture in hollywood. Mercy had just enough health, got away and revived everyone and we got stomped. In attack I like playing mercy, or I'll play an offensive character and keep an eye out for her.

There is no doubt Mercy is the most important character in the game. The only character that comes close in competitive is Widow.

Exile20

So seriously am I the only one getting a problem where my character keeps moving forward after I let go of the forward key? Also needing to press the back key twice before my char starts to move backwards?
Using a wireless keyboard?

I had a logitech keyboard that did the same thing.

Tier lists are far from stabilized at this point but I think its fair to say Mercy/Lucio, McCree and maybe Winston are up there. Depending on your team and if you want a powerful single target heal/powerful damage boost and a soul crushing resurrect or speed boosts and AoE healing with an armor boosting ult that makes you nigh invincible for 5 seconds they can both be great. Of course, if you have both of them on your team (if you have enough damage to afford that) its even better.

But as far as "characters who HAVE to die" go Mercy is #1 and it's not even close. Using all your ults to wipe the enemy team only for them to get resurrected will lose you the game straight up.

Mercy is the ultimate counter to the try-hards that save their ults for an entire match in hopes of using it to stop or finish a push at the very end. Love it.

Hasney

84th best Lucio on PS4 on those leaderboards? Considering I have a job and all that, I'll take it.

Mercy is the ultimate counter to the try-hards that save their ults for an entire match in hopes of using it to stop or finish a push at the very end. Love it.

I have some some Mercy's completley screw that up and rez them to die from the same ultimate :lol

Pharah finally gets that rocket barrage that kills four people. You know they're excited, after all they just... Wait... Did you hear that? It sounded like... "HEROES NEVER DIE!" D'oh!

I have some some Mercy's completley screw that up and rez them to die from the same ultimate :lol

Yeah that can happen. I got killed by Mei's ult twice because of that once.

What's the best way to use Reaper's teleport? Does it have invulnerability frames?

Out of sight, but its quite loud and a telltale sign Reaper is lurking about. His boots are very loud as well.

Do NOT use it right in front of someone, you are open to fire when entering and ending the animation. You don't get any invuln frames during those and you will just get headshotted by any semi competent player. Use it as a way to go behind enemy lines without being seen.

pigeon

Banned
That has been my experience with Mercy in pubs lately. I which the chatwheel had a "I NEED HELP" option because using Group Up on Me never works.

There is actually an automatic chat for people near Mercy where she says "get this guy off me." I'm not sure if it's her "watch your back" or if it's a custom chat to let you know that the person healing you is under attack. But if you're playing Mercy you probably don't hear it.

Exile20

It is so satisfying to throw a mine under a Reaper who is ulting and watch him flail in the air killing nothing. When he finally lands, everyone gangs up on him and he is dead.

Xeteh

There is actually an automatic chat for people near Mercy where she says "get this guy off me." I'm not sure if it's her "watch your back" or if it's a custom chat to let you know that the person healing you is under attack. But if you're playing Mercy you probably don't hear it.

Oh, I definitely hear it but no one else does. If there was something on the chat wheel then it'd pop a message up in chat as well as her saying something. No one listens to when Mercy says "Get them off of me!/I need assistance".

It is so satisfying to throw a mine under a Reaper who is ulting and watch him flail in the air killing nothing. When he finally lands, everyone gangs up on him and he is dead.

D.Va's defense matrix will eat up his shots too, that feels pretty fantastic.

Onemic

I like Zarya alot. I feel like I've gotten worse with her since beta. I think I'm finding myself in situations where I can't get her damage up because people are either dead around me or I'm timing the objective push right. The latter is what I'm gonna try to push going forward to get better. What's your style?

What I do is always try and get my energy up by finding the area where the bulk of the enemy team is pushing, getting to an area where I can easily take cover, act like Im a noob and mindlessly rush in, pop my self shield, and retreat to cover. Easy 50 energy. Once I get at least 50 energy I play extremely aggressive as Zaryas alt fire is amazing at keeping people at bay.

At the same time I play a semi-support role with her ability to give teammates shields. Usually I do this if Im doing my first strategy I talked about before or Ive retreated to cover to recharge my shields. Zarya is actually a pretty good pick if you have terrible team comp.(like if you'll have a team comp warning no matter who you pick because your teammates picked really badly)

I'd argue she has one of the best attack oriented ults in the game. Alone it's pretty damaging, but man when you pair it up with another aoe ult it's absolutely nuts.

Whenever a Zen discord's me as a tank I start to get really nervous.

It's easily one of the best if you have a coordinated team or you're at 80-100 energy. Id actually say it's one of the worst if not, simply because by itself it does barely any damage(25 I think)

Lol it took me a few games to take note that as Zarya, I better have a full charge if I want my ult to be useful on its own. I felt so dumb throwing it out and trying to Rambo a whole team, realizing they can still blast my face off

Zarya was one of the characters in the beta that I just didn't understand how to use but people on here keep saying she is pretty good. Maybe I should try her out in a couple of matches.

Yo, Zarya has a Grenade launcher alt attack...Zarya gains more damage output on her cannon when her shield and I believe the shield she puts on other people takes damage...Zarya's Ult drags everyone near it into a central point....guess what happens next...booooom.

Zarya is great. Praise Zarya.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I play with a couple friends but I'd enjoy having more people to play with.

Pretty solid tanking efforts on my end (though I'd like to get to use more than 1 character..)

Quote to see my BNet Screen ID, just let me know if you add me (PC)

Scirrocco

I've usually be a solo player when playing online, but after playing with some gaffers that needs to change. Even if you're not chatting a lot, it seems to make such a huge difference if you can guarantee at least one other person on your team has at least half a brain. And its so nice not having to be the one who plays the healer every time.

My battlenet name is gunviolence. I'm already on the PC list, but its pretty far down, so posting it here for people who don't add the whole thing.

Out-sniping the enemy Widow makes me feel alive

Getting outsniped makes me feel dead, and i am such a terrible shot...

aka_bueno

Considering I actively play about 6-7 different heroes all pretty much neck and neck in time played. #21 as Winston on global PS4 isn't too shabby.

Wow, I played a ton in the beta and this week, but I just now realized the difference between "eliminations" and "final blows."

I was wondering why it often gave me an elimination when it seems like someone else made the actual kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom