• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
All the waifu stuff around the game is annoying me. I hope to gods that most people are doing it ironically. I'd still prefer it if wasn't a part of this thread at all.

14623736817121is4t.gif

Jolkien

whats the cooldown on Tracer's recall thingie? and how do you know where it will recall you to? I never used her

You can store 3 charge of blink. Nothing tells you in the game where you will rewind, you gotta remember where you were and your health level at that time (your HP also rewind to what it was).

The cooldown of blink is 6 seconds.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just a few hours later, and the OT is almost past Battlebored.

thats unnecessary tbh. Lets not turn the thread into that

You can store 3 charge of blink. Nothing tells you in the game where you will rewind, you gotta remember where you were and your health level at that time (your HP also rewind to what it was).

The cooldown of blink is 6 seconds.

hmm dat skill cap

Ayumi

If people want to refer to their favorite/preferred characters as "waifu", then just let them? It's not like they're having waifu wars in here (...yet).
Please disregard my joke-tag, lol.

No Overwatch for me today thanks to timezones, I'll go waste some more time on Diablo 3. :v

Banzai

You can always, you know, ignore what doesn't interest you.

Sure, that's what I try to do now. Still annoys me. All I'm saying.

i just know one of these days I'm gonna browse this thread at work or school and suddenly a picture of the tits of a character will fill my screen. The LoL thread is like that.

bill0527

Should we pull out our spreadsheets and meta this game by min/maxing DPS, speed, stability and go on tangents why a Reaper with a Sombrero might have 0.04% more of a hitbox

This is my problem with most Blizzard games. At some point you hit this wall where if you don't become a spreadsheet master and have a degree in math, you can't really progress anymore.

Every character makes a noise when they drop below 75 HP. Tracer's is sort of a sharply taken breath. Dive in, do some burst damage, and when you hear the noise, recall.

Sometimes I do a rough three-second count in my head from when I was last in cover, too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need to find a proper dps that suits me for when the need arises. I was using Mei as dps, and even D.Va, but yeah, I need to try one of the proper dpses. Reaper maybe? /shrug none of them appeal to me :(

『Inaba Resident』;204415899 said:
Waifu stuff in general is annoying tbh. There's nothing wrong with having a favorite character or anything but some people take it too far. And its not like there's tons of discussion to be had around it.

This. Is this place populated mostly by hormonal teenagers?

Jolkien

I need to find a proper dps that suits me for when the need arises. I was using Mei as dps, and even D.Va, but yeah, I need to try one of the proper dpses. Reaper maybe? /shrug none of them appeal to me :(

Reaper or Soldier 76 are very easy to pick up.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
She does, though.

I can't believe I am actually discussing about a character's butt.

Do you need to call a character your wife or husband to enjoy the game?

No but having light hearted conversation amongst posters in this thread just to pass the time by

When I said Mei is my Waifu, I didn't mean Rule 34 and objectify her, it was just of all the females I enjoyed her power set the most and felt natural to my play style

I called Bastion my bro, because when I play him, he's like a bro who has your back, my play style for him with any team is to cover flanks

Reaper I enjoy from the Gameplay trailer Day 1, the Death Blossom montage with that beat made me want to play as him

Its not labeling or objectifying, just casual talk, hell someone quotede and went Meifu and Hanzo as their Husband, its just light hearted talk to pass time

If it bother you guys so much I apologize and will refrain from talking like that

Sure, that's what I try to do now. Still annoys me. All I'm saying.

i just know one of these days I'm gonna browse this thread at work or school and suddenly a picture of the tits of a character will fill my screen. The LoL thread is like that.
I'd turn off images at work/school as a precaution anyways lol
Try Pharah out

Manoko

Just ordered on CDKeys.com

How long does it usually take for them to send the key ?
I'm scared of not having it early to get the Noire skin.

Oh man! Picking this up today! Pretty sure I can barely run it.

:lol :D

And thanks all, yeah I think I can wait a few more days till things settle.

It's a boy so no to Mei (and we already have a Mia) so possibly Sebastion?
I have a brother named Sebastian, I think the second A helps people pronounce it more accurately

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Waifu stuff in general is annoying tbh. There's nothing wrong with having a favorite character or anything but some people take it too far. And its not like there's tons of discussion to be had around it.

The Persona 5 OT will be a graveyard :p

Klyka

Banned

they said you'll get the keys before 6pm GMT today

no worries, cdkeys has never been late

besides, it doesn't matter WHEN you enter the cdkey.
it's a pre-order cdkey, that's all that matters

Tracer "paints" her targets with close-range damage in a way that's not unlike Mei's garbage trolling annoying bullshit snow gun!

This is why I stay away from Persona threads.

D.va isn't really a bad choice for that purpose because she's really a cross between an attacker and a tank. You're actually using her how she's supposed to be used unlike a lot of people

ViviOggi

This is my problem with most Blizzard games. At some point you hit this wall where if you don't become a spreadsheet master and have a degree in math, you can't really progress anymore.

Not only is this a gross exaggeration when skill-based matchmaking has been the industry standard for many years, it's also not a Blizzard thing. Any competitive game develops "metas" and there'll always be a segment of the playerbase that likes to optimize and tinker with the game's systems to improve their game. Either you're content with playing balanced games at your natural skill ceiling or you adapt.

Reaper, 76 and McCree are the easiest ones to work with, Tracer and Pharah require some more getting used to. Genji is probably the most difficult one to play.

Manoko

they said you'll get the keys before 6pm GMT today

no worries, cdkeys has never been late

besides, it doesn't matter WHEN you enter the cdkey.
it's a pre-order cdkey, that's all that matters

Thanks a lot !
Can't wait to play tonight. :)

wilflare

I'm undecided between getting it on CDKeys.com for the extra skins or just the standard version from Battle.net

Boogdud

Not only is this a gross exaggeration when skill-based matchmaking has been the industry standard for many years, it's also not a Blizzard thing. Any competitive game develops "metas" and there'll always be a segment of the playerbase that likes to optimize and tinker with the game's systems to improve their game. Either you're content with playing balanced games at your natural skill ceiling or you adapt.

In short, "use your spreadsheet or be happy sucking"...

Quonny

roadhog is a softy both on the outside and inside

you can just imagine him holding a bunch of puppies and giggling

fite me nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom