• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rize_21

Yall are ready for that motivational speech?

TUDU DUDU TU DUUUUUUU

and less than 12 hours remaining now, it's time to buy some Redbull cans for tonight( 1am release here!)

I need to remember to rebind the shift skill to Q, kept forgeting to do that in beta

and then ults to...tab I guess. I hate using shift, my pinky game is weak fam ;_;

Does any character really need crouch to be mapped?

I can't find a good use for it, and I'd rather reassign it to a button that doesn't matter.

Xater

77 dollars on PSN
Bloody EU pricing

I know. The EU pricing on PSN is bullshit. Still bought this digitally though. That way it's always available and I am not going to sell a Blizzard game anyway.

Was considering picking this up for the PS4, but I'm afraid the community won't be that big. Decided to go for the PC version. Now hopefully it's already for sale here, or i end up making a trip for nothing.

PS4 community will be big. Just looking at amazon sale ranks here in Germany the PC and PS4 version are selling equally well. It's just the Xbox One version that is far behind.

Brohan

For those in the Netherlands, Mediamarkt has a Get Three, Pay for Two deal on their games and movies this week.

So if you have some friends that are also planning to get Overwatch then Mediamarkt will be one of the cheapest places to get the game (Only €33 each for the PC version).

Thought some might want the heads up.

Repost for new page.

OneUh8

Going to end up buying this game twice. Getting it on PS4 today, and then on PC when my build is done. Just waiting on a GTX1080/1070. This might be the only game I need all summer.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fine. my fault. Just meant to mention my disdain for it.
Someone should make a GAF script that replaces all mentions of the word "waifu" with "favorite" for me.

More like "[TRIGGERED]"

MEI is my [TRIGGERED]

Kane1345

Going to end up buying this game twice. Getting it on PS4 today, and then on PC when my build is done. Just waiting on a GTX1080/1070. This might be the only game I need all summer.

Ye, I have it on PS4 right now but no doubt I'll get it on PC at some point.

Boogdud

And the spreadsheet part is still bs, team-based objective-centric FPS like Overwatch have so many factors deciding the outcome of a match that hard data is of little relevance. If you're super skilled with a low tier character you're still going to wreck faces at any level that isn't the biggest tournaments which is the only place where every last tiny detail matters because it's those players' job to excel at the game.

I see what you did there. ;)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Wait, the physical copies are already out? Does that mean I've missed the preorder bonuses if I want to buy a physical PC edition?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bastion was buffed actually, they gave him back his shield

and Mei can move around and attack while in the ice block now

:3

SexyFish

Banned
have they nerfed bastion yet

9tEsW0f.gif

Nah.

You guys do know that in a multilayer game with 21 characters the thread was always going to be full of people saying which character they like, and are going to use.

Why do you care if they happen to call their favorite character waifu instead of 'favorite character'?

I dont even know what button crouch is lol

On PS4 it's mapped to Circle by default, which seems like a waste. I moved it to R3, but go figure I found myself accidentally pushing it all the time.

I'd like to just leave it unmapped, but I only got to try like 5 characters during Beta and don't want this decision to bite me in the ass.

Convinced 4 of my friends to purchase on ps4 yesterday. PSN needs a refer a friend campaign lol. Still willing to play with other Gaffers. How do I get my name on the spread sheet?

Trickster

I need to find a proper dps that suits me for when the need arises. I was using Mei as dps, and even D.Va, but yeah, I need to try one of the proper dpses. Reaper maybe? /shrug none of them appeal to me :(

Reapers visual design is pretty shit. But he's pretty fun to use since he can use his teleport ability to get into great positions and catch teams off guard, and the same ability allows him to often get out of trouble if he can break line of sight for a second.

Pharah is also pretty fun thanks to her rocket boost and her weapon being good at long distances and low aiming requirements.

It's some sort of fox/dog human version of Tracer? you'll have a nicer day not watching it.

So it's a furry drawing, yeah, not gonna open that at work lol

Interfectum

You guys do know that in a multilayer game with 21 characters the thread was always going to be full of people saying which character they like, and are going to use.

Why do you care if they happen to call their favorite character waifu instead of 'favorite character'?

Saying waifu adds an unneeded sexual connotation to the conversation that "favorite character" does not.

Drewfonse

You can store 3 charge of blink. Nothing tells you in the game where you will rewind, you gotta remember where you were and your health level at that time (your HP also rewind to what it was).

The cooldown of blink is 6 seconds.

Well, if you're getting jacked up, 6 secs ago would ususally be an improvement, regardless. Normally works for me.

GraveRobberX

Pretty much where I'm at. Gonna play the hell out of it on PS4 with friends, get the plat then get it for PC down the line. (maybe amazon sale)

The platinum is gonna take awhile, its no cakewalk
So much is based on luck, skill, and even the right positioning to pull off some of them

Feasible, but nothing gotten within a weeks whim, unless your godly with all chars or there's a way to boost within this game which highly unlikeable due to trophies stating certain modes can only net you said trophy

Klyka

Banned
Are people really mad about people calling characters "waifu" because it might mean they find the character attractive?

Hell, I'd jump in the sac with like 90% of the characters if they asked me to.

GraveRobberX

Saying waifu adds an unneeded sexual connotation to the conversation that "favorite character" does not.

Wait wut?

Are we seriously having this debate over a term that's just a harmless playful banter in this thread till the game goes live

Goddamn some of you really are "No Fun Allowed" grouches

JCH!

Must say I am quite impressed by the marketing campaign behind this. I have never seen such promotion for a game (tv ads, youtube ads, theatre events, etc.) at least not here in Spain.

N° 2048

Wait wut?

Are we seriously having this debate over a term that's just a harmless playful banter in this thread till the game goes live

Goddamn some of you really are "No Fun Allowed" grouches

It's like one or two members. Some people are just sensitive to anything..

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
odds on everyone's first match when it launches having at least 1 bastion in it?

:3

GraveRobberX

Must say I am quite impressed by the marketing campaign behind this. I have never seen such promotion for a game (tv ads, youtube ads, theatre events, etc.) at least not here in Spain.

Game has been Marketed like crazy here in the US on ESPN
Heavily
OverWatch and Uncharted 4 during mid afternoon till before sport telecasts for the night time you see Drake and Tracer appear at least 3-5 times within a 3 hour block

I watch The Jump @4pm EST till 6pm EST SportsCenter and its shown constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom