• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
14623736817121is4t.gif
Someone needs to photoshop overwatch characters on them.

Really? "incessant"? What is the complaint to waifu/art/<3<3/ (&#9679;´&#969;&#65344;&#9679;) post ratio? 1:100?
&#9734;*:.&#65377;. o(&#8807;&#9661;&#8806;)o .&#65377;.:*&#9734;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really? "incessant"? What is the complaint to waifu/art/<3<3/ (&#9679;´&#969;&#65344;&#9679;) post ratio? 1:100?

nobody is doing that here tho. You are making assumptions that it will happen

Quonny

Like literally almost any other thread about a game with characters that people enjoy/identify with, once it actually comes out the discussion will swerve hard back to gameplay. There's just nothing to talk about right now, so people are having fun.

Y'a'l'l need to chillz.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Reaper, 76 and McCree are the easiest ones to work with, Tracer and Pharah require some more getting used to. Genji is probably the most difficult one to play.

Casual will pick Hanzo for Go Fuck yourself Dragon or Reaper for that awesome death dual wielding character

Reaper is am easy pick up, but general players suck with his abilities
Most use teleport into the heat of the battle, which most of the time gets them #REKT
Its suppose to be a flanking or positing tool or is real good escape out or backstab move
His other ability is the real problem players adjust to, most think hey I'm invulnerable, let's float in area of fray for 3 seconds, not realizing they'll get followed unless or shot up as the come out

McCree and Soldier carry themselves like FPS veterans
Handcanon for McCree, AR for Soldier
You can adjust to them quickly from a FPS playing background

Tracer looks fun, but those abilities are essential to her
Health is an issue so her Fast Forward and Rewind are essential

Some players Rewind to lower health forgetting how that ability work
The fast forward if used up to quickly makes you stand out, Fast Forward should be used like how FPS do staggered shot, not use up one after the other, almost use them like a beat, so your never out of them, a slow Tracer is a DOA Tracer

Pharah I think you have to adjust your controller scheme
Her floating and flying is essential to her and if positioned in a different key bind or controller setup, you can fly the Overwatch skies indefinitely

ViviOggi

Waifu talk is vapid af but what can you do

Read the first time. You basically echoed his complaint, while telling him he was mistaken. It was a valiant effort though.

So where's the issue? If you want to compete at a high level you gotta put in work, that's how it works literally anywhere. That's like the most basic concept, how you could complain about that is beyond me when skill-based matchmaking exists so players who aren't into that kind of stuff don't have to play with the more dedicated ones.

And the spreadsheet part is still bs, team-based objective-centric FPS like Overwatch have so many factors deciding the outcome of a match that hard data is of little relevance. If you're super skilled with a low tier character you're still going to wreck faces at any level that isn't the biggest tournaments which is the only place where every last tiny detail matters because it's those players' job to excel at the game.

GraveRobberX

Like literally almost any other thread about a game with characters that people enjoy/identify with, once it actually comes out the discussion will swerve hard back to gameplay. There's just nothing to talk about right now, so people are having fun.

Y'a'l'l need to chillz.

Here! Here!

My Meifu is at your service!, chill the whole place down

Complaining about waifu wars when there was barely any in here from what i saw sparked the bigger discussion. Take the blame now for what you deserve

Raxious

Was considering picking this up for the PS4, but I'm afraid the community won't be that big. Decided to go for the PC version. Now hopefully it's already for sale here, or i end up making a trip for nothing.

Interfectum

Was considering picking this up for the PS4, but I'm afraid the community won't be that big. Decided to go for the PC version. Now hopefully it's already for sale here, or i end up making a trip for nothing.

I think the community is going to be pretty huge on PS4. Game is being pushed hard on the console.

Kane1345

I think the PS4 community will be quite big personally but obviously the PC will have the longest legs and the esports competitive scene.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need to remember to rebind the shift skill to Q, kept forgeting to do that in beta

and then ults to...tab I guess. I hate using shift, my pinky game is weak fam ;_;

Brohan

For those in the Netherlands, Mediamarkt has a Get Three, Pay for Two deal on their games and movies this week.

So if you have some friends that are also planning to get Overwatch then Mediamarkt will be one of the cheapest places to get the game (Only €33 each for the PC version).

Thought some might want the heads up.

GraveRobberX

Play it on PC, get it for PS4 when its on sale

Good communities for PC, PS4. X1 is a little barren from the google doc

Console will be lively, I don't see this game being the Flavor of the Month kind of game, where masses join and the bottom falls out within 4-6 weeks for the next Flavor
Beta really got the gaming community at large attention

Banzai

Complaining about waifu wars when there was barely any in here from what i saw sparked the bigger discussion. Take the blame now for what you deserve

Fine. my fault. Just meant to mention my disdain for it.
Someone should make a GAF script that replaces all mentions of the word "waifu" with "favorite" for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom