• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want to play more Hanzo so bad all of a sudden.

Im disgusting :(

gryvan

I wish more people had a chance to experience OG Bastion.

thumb-ability.jpg

I remember it, that was the easiest bastion to kill imo because he didn't have 360 degree back when he had his frontal shield. He can only do like less than 180 degrees.

Tracer/Genji would literally kill it like one shot or something

wish that was back again :/

Apologies if this has been covered, but my searches just brought up 'countdowns' (regarding the games launch...)

...but I've noticed the game countdown jumps from around 10-15 seconds right down to a few seconds, even if the point is being contested...anyone know why this is?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I remember it, that was the easiest bastion to kill imo because he didn't have 360 degree back when he had his frontal shield. He can only do like less than 180 degrees.

Yeah, I think I would actually prefer that. The current iteration where he can spin 360 degrees while having a weakpoint makes no sense.

Bastion is just...the dullest character they could have made.

I'm not in the "Bastion so OP" camp but I do think they should limit his turning radius or make it a slower turn, cause it's pretty annoying to go through the effort of flanking him just to have him swivel around instantly and mow you down.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Some fun games with the EU PC guys. Got absolutely floored the first three matches, then won every other game after that.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
After extensive play time, I have come to the conclusion that Pharah was not designed with a dual analog stick controller in mind. Hovering around and trying to get her weak rockets to kill feels extremely clumsy on a controller. The sticky aim will randomly lock on to someone but the slow rocket travel screws it up. Awful experience. It's a night and day difference trying it on PC.

Symmetra's shield skill still needs to be changed. It's brainless as well as close to useless. All you do is target and press button at the beginning of the match and press some more when people die. I can't think of a skill in the game that takes less skill or timing than it.

Crosseyes

Banned
One thing I noticed is they really need to adjust the team scrambling system. If they do it between rounds whatever they do is not good enough as the losing streaks a single session can go is awful.

Best thing to do if you're getting steamrolled is absolutely bail on that game and rejoin somewhere else because it's not getting any better for you.

One thing I noticed is they really need to adjust the team scrambling system. If they do it between rounds whatever they do is not good enough as the losing streaks a single session can go is awful.

Best thing to do if you're getting steamrolled is absolutely bail on that game and rejoin somewhere else because it's not getting any better for you.

Yah. Sometimes I forget to back out after getting stomped because my teammates want to do everything except play the objective.

Apathy

I think a losing team (lets say that got 2 in a row) should be scrambled but a winning team should be left alone

vypek

As soon as I went to go take care of a reparer / mercy combo we lost the last point :/

Got the "survival expert" achievement though :) ... didn't think I ever would

Crosseyes

Banned
I think a losing team (lets say that got 2 in a row) should be scrambled but a winning team should be left alone
No scrambling around the losing team a bit isn't enough to break up a team doing too well.

An non partied group should absolutely be split up every game if possible for the best experience for everyone and as a solo player I'd love if more full party groups got split if on too big a winning streak.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did the community suddenly become pros overnight? I can't win any games today. and am being matched with lvl 30+ people.

Time to git gud son
this is a joke btw

Im 31 and I was matched with a few level 3s today. Welcome to blizz matchmaking

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a legendary with my lvl 20 loot box, Deadlock Torbjorn hopefully it won't take another 20ish boxes to get another one.

Yep, one legendary every 25 levels would really suck. There's a few skins I really want but at this rate I'll never get them.

Symmetra's shield skill still needs to be changed. It's brainless as well as close to useless. All you do is target and press button at the beginning of the match and press some more when people die. I can't think of a skill in the game that takes less skill or timing than it.
...the skill comes from HOW and WHERE you place the sentries. It can be every bit as effective as Torbjorn's turret, which I'm sure you'll discover when you eventually run into a great Symmetra.

Rhaknar

...the skill comes from HOW and WHERE you place the sentries. It can be every bit as effective as Torbjorn's turret, which I'm sure you'll discover when you eventually run into a great Symmetra.

He's talking about her shield tho...

Man, Junkrat is so good at destroying a cocky mei. Direct grenade hit destroys her and if she does manage to freeze and kill you your passive , that most people forget about, finished her off.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wtf, we play against people who are already level 43.

Did they not sleep yet or what? lol

Salarians

I just discover the joy of knocking people off Ilios with D.Va. 32 eliminations, 25 objective kills, 3 minutes objective time. That was a fun run.

MattDoza

I don't know why, but three straight games of players insisting on playing the same class. No team needs three Reaper, Widowmaker, or Hanzo.

Her shields, not her sentries.

And I agree with his assessment of the shields. Nigh-useless and totally braindead.

Sentries, tho, are an entirely different kettle of fish. Symmetra skill is measured almost entirely by sentry useage, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom