• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Took a break because I was getting really salty.

Join a game, match in progress defending on Dorado. My entire team is offensive heroes with a Bastion. The team that is steamrolling has 2 tanks and Mercy. Go fucking figure.

I fucking love that that shitshow counts against my record.

vypek

Wish I could switch of Lucio to do something else but there is no way we will have any hope on control if someone isn't healing.

This game is so unbalanced. Just had a team of 4 Tracers a Zara and a Mercy steamroll a moving point match.

They need to put out an TF2 Pyro-ish character ASAP.

Does any one have a explantation as to why the match making is so bad?

This is by far and away the worst match making in any online game I have ever played like what the hell is this blizzard?

jediyoshi

This game is so unbalanced. Just had a team of 3 Tracers a Zara and a Mercy steamroll a moving point match.

It's one thing to not be able to counter tanky characters. Countering squishy characters? Just sounds like people not wanting to switch to Winston.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This game is so unbalanced. Just had a team of 4 Tracers a Zara and a Mercy steamroll a moving point match.

You need to adapt and counter pick. Zarya alt fire destroys tracers for example, yiu just lob them at their general direction or where they are running to.

Hell I ripp Tracers apart with 76 of all ppl. His machine gun is fast enough to at least make them panic and recall. If you hit them with the rocket its basically a guaranteed kill with a few machine gun rounds after

Gryph

Alright GAF. I've looked at my stats and discovered I'm terrible at offensive characters.

Who's best to learn for someone who is used to supports / tanks and isn't great at shootin' good?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alright GAF. I've looked at my stats and discovered I'm terrible at offensive characters.

Who's best to learn for someone who is used to supports / tanks and isn't great at shootin' good?

Reinhart has no gun. Zarya's alt fire is a lob greande and great for aoe dmg. Same for Junkrat. Or Winston, his gun is aoe dmg and he punches people.

Or go the healer route and play Mercy or Lucio. Oh or you could play Torbjorn (mostly on defense), his alt fire is a shotgun blast that doesn't need much aiming and your turret does most of the dmg.

Why was Symmetra's previous shields at +50 HP too powerful, causing Blizzard to nerf them in half?

Makes the squishies a little too un-squishy. I'd like to see it either give a % of health or some secondary buff.

Went with Sym. I couldn't put turrets down fast enough. And they always found my tele.

You need to get a handle on where to put them. You should be playing Defense, so you want somewhere out of the long sight lanes, near a chokepoint, in range of whatever you're trying to defend, ideally.

Teleporter placement is equally tricky. Near enough to cut down on travel time significantly, but out of the places people typically go, and hidden from view. This'll get easier once we have heatmaps.

MrHoot

People really need to learn to counterpick quickly, goddamn. I keep seeing people just keep going and dying as the same character in the same choke point and you'd think after some point they'd learn that it's not working, but would rather blame it on their team or the enemy being OP

Gryph

Reinhart had no gun. Zarya's alt fire is a lob greande and great for aoe dmg. Same for Junkrat. Or Winston, his gun is aoe dmg and he punches people.

Or go the healer route and play Mercy or Lucio. Oh or you could play Torbjorn (mostly on defense), his alt fire is a shotgun blast that doesn't need much aiming and your turret does most of the dmg.

My ratio with Lucio is great, and my D.VA is pretty good, (She's the most fun...)

But what I want is a pocket DPS character I can get good at and switch to if needed...

Rhaknar

My ratio with Lucio is great, and my D.VA is pretty good, (She's the most fun...)

But what I want is a pocket DPS character I can get good at and switch to if needed...

Mei, Junkrat, Zarya even tho shes a tank are your best choices I think

LiK

The key to enjoying any MP game is to not give a shit about your stats. I don't even care how bad they look as long as I have fun and not doing too bad.

SwolBro

Banned
Guess I'm not a fan of Tracer. She dies too easy. I'm. I'm not good enough with blinking.
Once you master the blink, and overall movement she's probably the best 1v1 character (on console). The fact that you can get headshots with her easily makes her insanely powerful against anyone 1v1.

If i lose a 1v1 it's probably a lucky shot or i did something stupid.

Zemm

all the Bastion being overpowered talk is so weird, he's probably the easiest character to counter-pick since so many other classes can fuck him up.

all the Bastion being overpowered talk is so weird, he's probably the easiest character to counter-pick since so many other classes can fuck him up.

I don't understand the Bastion is OP meme. Anecdotally, I hardly see him at all, he has the most counters in the game and he can't fucking move. His Tank is pretty strong, but not even close to the strongest ultimate. I'm fairly certain Bastion would be in the lowest tier on a theoretical tier list because he is countered by good heroes that get picked often like McCree, Genji, Tracer or Widowmaker. There's a 95% chance your team is going to have one of those.

Gryph

The key to enjoying any MP game is to not give a shit about your stats. I don't even care how bad they look as long as I have fun and not doing too bad.

I hear ya. But for example, when I look at my stats for offensive heroes I see someone who hasn't done all they can to be good at one or another.

If I end up with mostly losses, but I know I tried my best, I'm cool with that.

Right now, if my team doesn't seem to be breaking through, and I want to go DPS and help, I can't really say I'm good enough with any of the characters... So I'm a liability if I have to play damage.

(P.S. I still hate losing so much. You think I'd be more zen after a life of playing games like this...)

First time playing with a full party tonight (including some fellow Gaffers) and damn it takes the game to a whole different level. The skill ceiling on this game is pretty ridiculous.

This game is just plain good ole fashioned fun.

Xeteh

IDA2ppU.jpg

I try to play Mei whenever I can but that really isn't an option with how people on my teams seem to pick.

HariKari

Tracer has no hard counter. I'd like to see someone with a flamethrower or whatever that could discourage her/have an easier time killing her. In theory that's Mei, but she just blinks away before being frozen.

A well played Tracer isn't really ever countered. The only saving grace here is that the space necessary to play her well doesn't exist on every map or stage. She is absurdly good on control maps. I think her DPS and recall are fine, it's just the spammability of the blink that is what's crazy in the right hands.

I don't understand the Bastion is OP meme. Anecdotally, I hardly see him at all, he has the most counters in the game and he can't fucking move. His Tank is pretty strong, but not even close to the strongest ultimate. I'm fairly certain Bastion would be in the lowest tier on a theoretical tier list because he is countered by good heroes that get picked often like McCree, Genji, Tracer or Widowmaker. There's a 95% chance your team is going to have one of those.

Okay, hold up. I'll give you Genji, and provisionally Widowmaker and Tracer (Widow needs the right sightlines to work as a counter, Tracer is... less situational, but still not really a "hard" counter depending on where the Bastion has plunked himself), but in what way is McCree a counter?

Xeteh

Tracer has no hard counter. I'd like to see someone with a flamethrower or whatever that could discourage her/have an easier time killing her. In theory that's Mei, but she just blinks away before being frozen.

A well played Tracer isn't really ever countered. The only saving grace here is that the space necessary to play her well doesn't exist on every map or stage. She is absurdly good on control maps. I think her DPS and recall are fine, it's just the spammability of the blink that is what's crazy in the right hands.

Roadhog works pretty well against Tracer.

SwolBro

Banned

she's one of the harder heros to play well as. that's why she's ok as she is. =)

Rhaknar

Hes a pug killer. He destroys newbies so naturally those newbies will complain the most about this character. Its very easy to understand why the hate towards him is so loud.

You will notice veterans and people with more of a understanding of the game will say that for example, Mcree is much more "broken"

Okay, hold up. I'll give you Genji, and provisionally Widowmaker and Tracer (Widow needs the right sightlines to work as a counter, Tracer is... less situational, but still not really a "hard" counter depending on where the Bastion has plunked himself), but in what way is McCree a counter?

McCree can fire highly damaging extremely accurate rounds from far away, McCree can even outsnipe Hanzo or Widowmaker in the right hands. Deadeye instantly kills people if they don't hide. Bastion can't move.

Artanisix

dwarf is hard counter.

Zemm

The pistol can do a lot of damage even from range, and since Bastion is stationary a McCree can pretty much snipe him.

She's ridiculously annoying to kill. Constantly hiding in her ice shell as soon as she's about to die.

then after she leaves she'll put up a wall LOL

love mei <3

but gotta practice the way i use wall though. i also accidentally blocked my teammate because my finger tapped the key lol.

Triz

Played a match where the opposing team went all 5 Pharrah...Didnt work out well for them.

Then the next match they went 5 Torbjorn on Egypt and couldn't get past the turrets...

SwolBro

Banned
You will notice veterans and people with more of a understanding of the game will say that for example, Mcree is much more "broken"

Yes, on PC. I highly doubt we will find really good Mcrees on console. There will be very few truly terrifying McCrees on XBox/PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom